Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #8 (1980-1984)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

New Order - Blue Monday (1983)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lionel Richie - Hello (1983)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Metallica - Seek & Destroy (1983)

SECOND

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls (1984)
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax (1983)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax (1983)
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Phil Collins - Against All Odds (1984)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Billy Joel - Uptown Girl (1983)
    Seconding this. I like Billy Joel a lot. IMO, the best thing he ever did was Scenes from an Italian Restaurant, which needs seconding in the previous thread. Someone please consider.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Blondie -- The Tide Is High (1980)

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Blondie -- The Tide Is High (1980)
    Crossing it off my list!
    SECOND

Daryl Hall & John Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)(1981)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls (1984)
    Seconded.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Metallica were great in those mid-'80 up to the black album. Since then only a handful songs could be nominated in a tournament like this. But this one's a classic as well:

Metallica - Fade to Black (1984)

Metallica were great in those mid-'80 up to the black album. Since then only a handful songs could be nominated in a tournament like this. But this one's a classic as well:

Damnit you beat me to it! and I can't second either!

Country
    Country Flag

Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue (1983)

Country
    Country Flag

giddy up ba-oom papa oom papa mow mow...

The Oak Ridge Boys -- Elvira (1981)

Spandau Ballet - True (1983)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Spandau Ballet - True (1983)
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

As this is a Stephen King site, I found a HD video of this song from the Christine soundtrack....

George Thorogood & The Destroyers - Bad To The Bone (1982)

Country
    Country Flag

George Thorogood and The Destroyers - Bad To The Bone (1983)

Video link to follow, as I'm currently using my mobile phone for this....
    I'll second even without the link. A great great song! (FYI, it was released in 1982)

Oh, and Pablo, please update the secondings to reflect post #83. Thanks.

Country
    Country Flag

So foot tapping catchy...

The J. Geils Band -- Freeze-Frame (1981)

2nd

Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (1984)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Phil Collins - Against All Odds (1984)
    2nd
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

I literally had to flip a coin on whether to nominate this or the one I did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast