Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #4 (1960-1964)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Seconded:

Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
    Solomon Burke - Cry to Me
    Nominated:

Dion & the Belmonts - Runaround Sue
    "Runaround Sue" is already on the seconded list, and you can only second one nomination at a time, so pick one!
    Solomon Burke - Cry to Me seconded.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oops- Sorry! I'm late to the nomination party and got too excited.
    Not at all, we're not even halfway through! Feel free to make a nomination, and look over other threads. A new thread (for 1980-1984) is going up on 1/1!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Okay. Let me try this again. I want to nominate:

Smokey Robinson and The Miracles - You've Really Got a Hold on Me (1962)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Okay. Let me try this again. I want to nominate:

Smokey Robinson and The Miracles - You've Really Got a Hold on Me (1962)
    SECOND

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Four Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry (1962)
    Seconded.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bobby Vinton -- Blue Velvet (1963)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Herbie Hancock - Cantaloupe Island (1964)

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Dion - The Wanderer (1961)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Dion - The Wanderer (1961)
    Seconded!

Country
    Country Flag

Herbie Hancock - Cantaloupe Island (1964)
    I'll see your Cantaloupe Island and raise you a Pineapple Princess.

Annette Funicello -- Pineapple Princess (1960)

Country
    Country Flag

The Tornados - Telstar (1962)
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

At long last! One of the signature tunes of the early '60s, in my opinion.

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, that was out of turn, sadly... I'll keep that on hold until someone else seconds something

Country
    Country Flag

The Zombies - She's Not There (1964)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I will likely nominate the Malcolm Mclaren song that features the voice track from this song that was in Kill Bill Vol. 2 (called About Her). Putting those lyrics to a much slower tempo really does something fantastic IMHO. I am debating whether to 2nd the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I will likely nominate the Malcolm Mclaren song that features the voice track from this song that was in Kill Bill Vol. 2 (called About Her). Putting those lyrics to a much slower tempo really does something fantastic IMHO. I am debating whether to 2nd the original.
    Oh what the hell... SECOND

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome. And now we can count "Telstar" too.

And since that's two seconds, I'll second "Pineapple Princess".

The Animals - Bury My Body (1964)

Country
    Country Flag

The Dave Clark Five -- Glad All Over (1963)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man (1961)
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    The Dave Clark Five -- Glad All Over (1963)
    Seconded

Country
    Country Flag

Brian Hyland - Sealed with a Kiss (1962)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You (1962)

Country
    Country Flag

Another from the doo-wop king...

Neil Sedaka -- Next Door to an Angel (1962)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Another from the doo-wop king...

Neil Sedaka -- Next Door to an Angel (1962)
    Seconded.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast