Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #4 (1960-1964)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Bird is the Word!

The Trashmen -- Surfin' Bird (1963)

The Road Virus Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Singing Nun - Dominique (1963)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kai Winding - More (1963)

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    John Lee Hooker - Boom Boom (1962)
    Seconded

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Ray Charles - You Don't Know Me (1962)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Hello Marylou (Goodbye Heart) - Ricky Nelson (1961)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Hello Marylou (Goodbye Heart) - Ricky Nelson (1961)
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

This was the song that sparked an FBI investigation into the evils of rock 'n' roll lyrics even though (or because) no one could understand what the hell they were singing. But very catchy tune!

The Kingsmen -- Louie, Louie (1963)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ray Charles - You Don't Know Me (1955)
    Seconded. HARD!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    This was the song that sparked an FBI investigation into the evils of rock 'n' roll lyrics even though (or because) no one could understand what the hell they were singing. But very catchy tune!

The Kingsmen -- Louie, Louie (1963)
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

John Coltrane - My Favorite Things (1961)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Seconded. HARD!!!
    Unless I'm mistaken, this is from 1962: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern..._Western_Music

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Seconded. HARD!!!
    Unless I'm mistaken, this is from 1962: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern..._Western_Music
    As this has been seconded, can it just be moved to the list of seconded songs within Thread 4?

Country
    Country Flag

Done. It screws up the continuity of the nominations and secondings, but hopefully we can get back on track without offending someone

Sorry Guys

John Coltrane - My Favorite Things (1961)

SECOND

Country
    Country Flag

The Original Surfaris - Surfari (1963)
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Dancing In The Street (1964)
    Seconded.

The Ikettes - I'm Blue (1962)

Country
    Country Flag

Roy Orbison -- Crying (1961)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Seconded:

Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
    Solomon Burke - Cry to Me

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Nominated:

Dion & the Belmonts - Runaround Sue

Spoiler:

Country
    Country Flag

Chuck Berry - Route 66 (1961)

It's not the original but I think the most popular version.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Seconded:

Nominated:

"Runaround Sue" is already on the seconded list, and you can only second one nomination at a time, so pick one!

Seconded:

Nominated:

"Runaround Sue" is already on the seconded list, and you can only second one nomination at a time, so pick one!
    Oops- Sorry! I'm late to the nomination party and got too excited.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast