Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #6 (1970-1974)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And I'll count Bill's earlier seconding now.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I can listen (and have listened) to this song endlessly on repeat:

Leonard Cohen - Famous Blue Raincoat (1971)
    I listened to this song and kept thinking that it reminded me of another song. Then I looked it up and realized it was another Leonard Cohen song I was thinking of.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

America - Horse With No Name (1971)
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I can listen (and have listened) to this song endlessly on repeat:

Leonard Cohen - Famous Blue Raincoat (1971)
    I listened to this song and kept thinking that it reminded me of another song. Then I looked it up and realized it was another Leonard Cohen song I was thinking of.
    Leonard is so awesome. I will be nominating many more of him, if no one else does. One of my favorite artists of all time. I don't suppose you're seconding this one?

Country
    Country Flag

ZZ Top - La Grange (1973)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How about another funky early disco track (yes, disco does not suck)

Gloria Gaynor - Never Can Say Goodbye (1974)
    Seconded.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As much as I love classic rock, I've never been a real Springsteen fan. However, I've always loved this one. So catchy and fun!

Bruce Springsteen -- Rosalita (Come Out Tonight) (1973)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    How about another funky early disco track (yes, disco does not suck)

Gloria Gaynor - Never Can Say Goodbye (1974)
    Seconded.
    Can't second that just yet. But I'll second "Rosalita" and count your second.

Country
    Country Flag

I count posts 175 and 176 in between?

Country
    Country Flag

You're right, my mistake, I missed your seconding of Chicago, and was just looking at the list in the first post. Apologies!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Starting early with the eggnog?

There is an "early??"
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

UFO - Doctor Doctor (1974)

Oh... so seconded! Know your "metal heritage." LOL

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

For your consideration:

Todd Rundgren - Hello It's Me (1972)

Country
    Country Flag

Just remembered this utterly creepy and amazing Pink Floyd song:

Pink Floyd - Embryo (1970)

Country
    Country Flag

Jethro Tull -- Locomotive Breath (1971)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

ZZ Top - La Grange (1973)
    Second

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads (1971)

Country
    Country Flag

Need more Cohen up in here:

Leonard Cohen - Who by Fire (1974)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads (1971)
    Seconded.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Janis Joplin - Me and Bobby McGee (1971)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Nominate:

The Temptations - Ball of Confusion (That's What the World Is Today) (1970)
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Van Morrison -- Moondance (1970)

Country
    Country Flag

So wait, how is this still not nominated?

Santana - Black Magic Woman (1970)

Country
    Country Flag

"Moondance" seconded.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (1971)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast