Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 363 of 568 FirstFirst ... 263 313 353 361 362 363 364 365 373 413 463 ... LastLast
Results 9,051 to 9,075 of 14179

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've looked around recently for this one, and the The Breathing Method one, and they're hard to find. Can't find any actually.
    I picked this one up a couple of years back, I think it was off of Bookfinder or Abe. Got lucky, it's in fantastic condition for an ex-lib, doesn't look like it was ever signed out. And you're right, they hardly ever come up for sale ... jump on it if you come across one.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    Can you tell me - is it an original magazine or some kind of reprint? (are there any magazine reprints?)
    Weird Tales Magazine 298/1990
    The Weird Tales Fall 1990 that I have in my collection.

backcover

The cover is printed on Card Stock & the Barcode has been blacked out. The slightly altered reprint of The Glass Floor has a new introduction by King & new Walters artwork.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    Can you tell me - is it an original magazine or some kind of reprint? (are there any magazine reprints?)
    Weird Tales Magazine 298/1990
    The Weird Tales Fall 1990 that I have in my collection.

backcover

The cover is printed on Card Stock & the Barcode has been blacked out. The slightly altered reprint of The Glass Floor has a new introduction by King & new Walters artwork.
    so this auction IS for a 2003 reprint... there is $12,99 as a price...
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I've looked around recently for this one, and the The Breathing Method one, and they're hard to find. Can't find any actually.
    Nice one here at a bargain price
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

does anyone have the Overlook Bookstore Slipcase for "Just after Sunset"? I'd like to see a picture of it.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    By the looks of the white tape on the spine it's even an ex-library book

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's too much, no matter how scarce they are. I have two (x-lib) copies of 'Rita Hayworth...' and neither cost more than $30 IIRC. They do turn up for sale every now and then. Having said that, a mint 'non-x-lib' copy of either title will cost you a pretty penny. I purchased and sold an as-new copy of The Breathing Method for $300 a couple of years ago.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

does anyone have the Overlook Bookstore Slipcase for "Just after Sunset"? I'd like to see a picture of it.
    You can see a picture here

http://www.overlookconnection.com/ca...et-p-2622.html
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

I also own one of each Non-Library.... But both have been written in.
    Spoiler:

Frank Darabont, Gil Billows (Tommy) & Mark Rolston (Bogs)
    Spoiler:

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Thanks Ralph, but the picture isn't great. I'm not normally a fan of the Overlook cases (The FDNS one looks like a child designed it...) so I wanted to see it in a bit more detail.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Ralph, but the picture isn't great. I'm not normally a fan of the Overlook cases (The FDNS one looks like a child designed it...) so I wanted to see it in a bit more detail.
    Sorry I can't help. I decided not to buy one because it looked like he just threw paint at it and let his dog step on it.

It is sooooooooooooo ugly.
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I've pretty much given up on Overlook Connection.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

$450? Yeah that's a bargain for sure... About $400 more than I'd want to pay... Is that about what I can expect to pay for this book?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    That's too much, no matter how scarce they are. I have two (x-lib) copies of 'Rita Hayworth...' and neither cost more than $30 IIRC. They do turn up for sale every now and then. Having said that, a mint 'non-x-lib' copy of either title will cost you a pretty penny. I purchased and sold an as-new copy of The Breathing Method for $300 a couple of years ago.
    Okay, I wasn't aware these were up there in price...

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, and Bruce, those copies of yours with the writing in definitely reduce them in value. Especially the one signed by someone named Stephen King...

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

$450? Yeah that's a bargain for sure... About $400 more than I'd want to pay... Is that about what I can expect to pay for this book?
    Nah, that's way high, but I don't think you'll find it for $30 either. According to my records, I paid $175 in Aug 2012 through Leonard Shoup up in Ontario via Abe. Haven't seen another in similar shape for same price since then ... actually, can't remember seeing another for sale since then, but I haven't been going out of my way looking for one either.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry I can't help. I decided not to buy one because it looked like he just threw paint at it and let his dog step on it.

It is sooooooooooooo ugly.
    Yeah. That's exacly why i would lke to see it too...
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Gunslinger Apprentice Jay127 will become famous soon enough Jay127 will become famous soon enough

Hello! I'm curious what fellow collectors prefer - a flat signed first or a signed, dated, and inscribed first. I'm looking to start a collection of signed Doubleday books and trying to decide what route to go. Thanks!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Jay127 View Post
    Hello! I'm curious what fellow collectors prefer - a flat signed first or a signed, dated, and inscribed first. I'm looking to start a collection of signed Doubleday books and trying to decide what route to go. Thanks!

I only collect flat signed first editions first printings. I do not like inscribed books to other people. I am happy with the inscribed books to me, in person.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I only have flat signed books from sellers I know and trust. I try to avoid eBay.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

It is individual preference. I prefer signed only (not inscribed) and dated near the time of publication. I have posted this link many times in this forum but you are relatively new so you might not have seen it. It is interesting reading from a very experienced book seller.

http://www.raresf.com/bnews.html#signed

Gunslinger Apprentice Jay127 will become famous soon enough Jay127 will become famous soon enough

Great article, thanks. And thanks for the opinions!

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    It is individual preference. I prefer signed only (not inscribed) and dated near the time of publication. I have posted this link many times in this forum but you are relatively new so you might not have seen it. It is interesting reading from a very experienced book seller.

http://www.raresf.com/bnews.html#signed
    I have not seen that before and it is a good read, thanks
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I only collect flatsigned books that were signed in front of me. (Other than S/L)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think most collectors tend to avoid lengthy inscriptions unless it concerns 'association copies'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 363 of 568 FirstFirst ... 263 313 353 361 362 363 364 365 373 413 463 ... LastLast