Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 318 of 892 FirstFirst ... 218 268 308 316 317 318 319 320 328 368 418 818 ... LastLast
Results 7,926 to 7,950 of 22277

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I would bet money that it will be far superior to the one SubPress is putting out though.
    I agree

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will be getting the GIFT edition and therefore glad that I didnt get the PS one... but cant help to wonder what the "big surprise" announced by PS related to their CARRIE is. Still no news?
    Wonder how PS feels about those new editions...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The cover painting is really cool looking, but why is Carrie standing on a stage outside the venue? lol
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

J/w how does stuff like this work in terms of rights given that Carrie, Pet Semetary and The Shining had limiteds just come out?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I would bet money that it will be far superior to the one SubPress is putting out though.
    I agree
    Man you guys have a serious hard on for sub press. Let it go.

Gunslinger Apprentice _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about

Default What a letdown

Who would spend $1,000 on a Stephen King book not signed by Stephen King?

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    I agree
    Sorry I didn't read that whole thing before I replied - icryforoy it should say PS Publishing not subpress

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Aye Carumba. I need to check into Signed/Numbered Limited Edition Book Buyers Anonomyous
    HA!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I guess I'm a minority here, but I think that six gift editions of those six books is really cool!

Besides, FINALLY Tomislav will be the illustrator! The only complain I have is that the illustrations won't be color ones.
    They're all color.
    Thanks Brian James Freeman for keeping things clear here during this busy time.

To answer a general question about the pricing:

As always, pricing for the editions is based on contractual obligations and expected production costs. Some books are more expensive than others to acquire the rights to publish. Some books have higher production costs than others due to the type of materials we're using, the amount of artwork, etc.

Also, production costs in general keep rising each year. The cost of producing the slipcases has increased 50% since From A Buick 8, for example. These books aren't getting less expensive to produce, unfortunately, unless you want to cut corners, which we do not.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by _PCC_ View Post
    Who would spend $1,000 on a Stephen King book not signed by Stephen King?
    41 people so far in 28 minutes.

Brian

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree
    I meant PS, not SP, honest error and not a boner. Nothing to let go, chill.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To answer a general question about the pricing:

As always, pricing for the editions is based on contractual obligations and expected production costs. Some books are more expensive than others to acquire the rights to publish. Some books have higher production costs than others due to the type of materials we're using, the amount of artwork, etc.

Also, production costs in general keep rising each year. The cost of producing the slipcases has increased 50% since From A Buick 8, for example. These books aren't getting less expensive to produce, unfortunately, unless you want to cut corners, which we do not.

Brian
    You are right about that... you guys never cut corners... Amazing stuff you put out.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

@Brian, will the Artist Edition be numbered, so that you can get a matching set of them ?

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I hope this does well for CD but it's just not very exciting when you already have another small press publisher doing the same book

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    J/w how does stuff like this work in terms of rights given that Carrie, Pet Semetary and The Shining had limiteds just come out?
    Subsidiary rights, like the rights to publish a Limited Edition, are for a set term, often as little as 18 months. Usually no more than 5 years since the edition should be long sold out by then. Sometimes the term is from the date of signing the contract and sometimes from the publication date.

In the case of PS Publishing's Anniversary Edition, their deal is with the UK publisher for a UK edition and does not involve SK or the US rights.

Hope that helps!

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    @Brian, will the Artist Edition be numbered, so that you can get a matching set of them ?
    Yep! Yhey will be numbered and you will be able to get a matching set if interested.

Brian

My Mood
    Inspired

Subsidiary rights, like the rights to publish a Limited Edition, are for a set term, often as little as 18 months. Usually no more than 5 years since the edition should be long sold out by then. Sometimes the term is from the date of signing the contract and sometimes from the publication date.

In the case of PS Publishing's Anniversary Edition, their deal is with the UK publisher for a UK edition and does not involve SK or the US rights.

Hope that helps!

Brian
    That's actually very interesting

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    The cover painting is really cool looking, but why is Carrie standing on a stage outside the venue? lol
    I don't believe it's outside. There are lights above the stage that look like stars and high windows in the gym.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

I hope this does well for CD but it's just not very exciting when you already have another small press publisher doing the same book
    Yes, that is an understandable position. Hopefully, because they will be very different editions with different special features and different art, we'll both be offering something of interest to collectors. But we certainly understand if you only want one.

We think this complete set, when you see all 6 books on the shelf, will be a very nice addition to most collections.

Also, we have some amazing artists lined up for these books. Three of them we've never worked with on a book, I believe. Those who enjoyed the artwork for certain Donald Grant SK books will be pleased.

Brian

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hope that helps!

Brian

That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation, Brian.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post
    Too bad - Carrie S/L - gladly would've dropped $1,000 for that.
    Just curious... do you think we had the option to do a S/L and then said, "Naw, let's not?"

Brian
    Nope, of course not that would be silly. I'm a bit surprised given the timing that a S/L was not on the table but hey maybe the 45th or 50th anniversary. I'm sure the books will be 1st rate quality - you've proved that with IT which is easily the nicest S/L book I own. Doctor Sleep was great as well and if a S/L is eventually made I sincerely hope CD gets it.

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also, we have some amazing artists lined up for these books. Three of them we've never worked with on a book, I believe. Those who enjoyed the artwork for certain Donald Grant SK books will be pleased.

Brian
    Whelan and Hale, pretty please!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who enjoyed the artwork for certain Donald Grant SK books will be pleased.

Brian
    Now THAT sounds interesting!

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post

Brian
    Whelan and Hale, pretty please!
    Yes PLEASE!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 318 of 892 FirstFirst ... 218 268 308 316 317 318 319 320 328 368 418 818 ... LastLast