1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 321 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

(HOLDS TRIFORCE ABOVE HEAD!)

I beat Twilight Princess last night. My impressions on the game as a whole:

I loved the feel of the game (except for the wolf/twilight stages in the beginning), and all the moves that the producers added to Link's repertoir for this particular installment. Also, what's a Zelda game without the infinite number of sidequests? (<- Although I was kinda hoping that they would switch up the rewards for completing sidequests, getting a heart piece for 90% of the puzzles made them seem a bit mundane and not worth the effort). The sub-weapons were among, if not the best of all Zelda titles , especially the Ball N' Chain, which I sometimes used even though I didn't need to! The camera, graphics, sound, all of it was top-notch.

Now as for the games' story and plot: Even though the games mechanics handled like a dream, the story left me wanting a little more...

SPOILERS!
    Spoiler:
    I didn't like how Ganondorf and Zelda showed up for a total of about 20 minutes throught the whole game. I was kinda guessing (and hoping) that Ilia would be 'reborn' as princess Zelda, seeing as how Link and her had a thing going on. When I defeated Ganondorf and rescued Zelda at the end of OoT, I felt a great sense of accomplishment seeing as how Ganondorf had haunted Link throughout the whole game and Zelda had been accompanying me every step of the way. I didn't feel this way after passing TP, the whole story revolved around Midna and Illia and then all of a sudden "Oh, here's Zelda, rescue her." It was..I don't know, anti-climatic. Maybe I'm just used to other zelda titles where Link and Zelda work together to defeat Ganon(dorf), maybe the producers want to stray away from this cliche, who knows?

Anyway, I'm sure there are more things that I wanted to say but can't quite reemember right now, however I'm pretty sure that what I typed up there is the core of what I wanted to say.

Let me know what you guys think!

Gunslinger Apprentice al'Lan Mandragoran is on a distinguished road al'Lan Mandragoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I'm always a bit nervous about trying the glitches. I usually check out that kinda stuff on serebii.net they have such good info/walkthroughs and...well everything!
    Well and good you are. The first version I ever got was red, and I tried something I heard would get me mew... what it really got me was an infinite memory erase program. Really ticked me off, but now I know better. I'll have to look at that site; maybe it can tell me how to solve the damn ruins of alph thing. I did all four puzzles, but I can't figure out how to get natu and smeargle.
    Duty is heavier than a mountain, death lighter than a feather. - al'Lan Mandragoran, Eye of the World

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I enjoyed TP as well, although the bosses were too easy, IMO. Loved the final battle, tho!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I just got Super Mario Galaxy 2 hours ago!
    It's a little freakay!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I like to go back and have a replay of Super Mario Sunshine every now and then...thats my fav!

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else like the game GUITAR HERO

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I like to go back and have a replay of Super Mario Sunshine every now and then...thats my fav!
    This, and Super Mario Galaxy are the only Mario games that I'm missing from my library. I heard that Sunshine has fantastic sub-weapons but that the secondary character designs are horrible.

Gunslinger Apprentice al'Lan Mandragoran is on a distinguished road al'Lan Mandragoran's Avatar

I didn't really like sunshine overall... too cartoonish for my tastes, and plot/puzzles weren't what they could have been, in my opinion. Loved Mario 64 however, and the Mariokart and Mario Party games, along with most of the older nes/snes variations. Never played the Paper Marios, and I don't know if it would be a waste of time to or not... I haven't heard much about them.
    Duty is heavier than a mountain, death lighter than a feather. - al'Lan Mandragoran, Eye of the World

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm all for the cartoony stuff - I loved Wind Waker which many didn't for that reason.
    I never managed to complete SM Sunshine, I got stuck doing one of the bits in the fairground level

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

I beat Twilight Princess last night.

*starts humming Final Fantasy victory music before realizing it's totally out of place*
    In Digitized Remorse

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I pesonally think console games are way over rated. I love computer games such as Age of Empires 3!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I have neglected all of my other games in favor of Guitar Hero 3 this week.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post
    I pesonally think console games are way over rated. I love computer games such as Age of Empires 3!
    Hooray, someone else with a PC for gaming

Hellgate: London is fucking awesome so I might even buy this to be able to play online, if the community takes off. Its the best mixed FPS/RPG ive ever played, with all the great balanced stuff that you got in Diablo/D2 thats typical from blizzard or ex-blizzard developers.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I have neglected all of my other games in favor of Guitar Hero 3 this week.
    Three is awesome, I wasn't disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Fall of Gilead View Post

*starts humming Final Fantasy victory music before realizing it's totally out of place*
    It will never be out of place... NEVERRRRR!!!!

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fall of Gilead View Post

It will never be out of place... NEVERRRRR!!!!
    Right...................NEVER

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Since I passed all the games I had pending, I'm currently on a replay of the Megaman X games, 1-6. After I finish all of them, I'll probably pick up Okami for the PS2, it's a game that I've had my eye on for a while now.

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Does anyone remember an old arcade fantasy game? This would have been 5-7 years ago...It was the game that got me hooked on video games. I'm trying to find out what its called so I can emulate it. I think it may have come out on one of the systems at the time (PS1? N 64? Dreamcast?). You controlled 3-4 people in a fantasy role playing setting.
    This goes back a couple of weeks but I FOUND IT!!!

Gauntlet Legends on N64?? Does anyone remember that game????

SOOO AWESOME

/me loves his emulator

up to 50 stars on Super Mario Galaxy!

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone remember an old arcade fantasy game? This would have been 5-7 years ago...It was the game that got me hooked on video games. I'm trying to find out what its called so I can emulate it. I think it may have come out on one of the systems at the time (PS1? N 64? Dreamcast?). You controlled 3-4 people in a fantasy role playing setting.
    This goes back a couple of weeks but I FOUND IT!!!

Gauntlet Legends on N64?? Does anyone remember that game????

SOOO AWESOME

/me loves his emulator

I thought I told you that, maybe my computer never posted?

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie.Darko View Post
    Currently playing the new Zelda game for DS (Phantom Hourglass). Its pretty sweet. At first I thought the idea of doing everything on the touch screen would be a pain in the butt, but its very unique and fun to play.

On a more urgent note...

Are you thinking of Gauntlet?

Found it, it was three post below yours

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    up to 50 stars on Super Mario Galaxy!
    [whoopi goldberg]

You go girl!

[/goldberg]

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie.Darko View Post
    Currently playing the new Zelda game for DS (Phantom Hourglass). Its pretty sweet. At first I thought the idea of doing everything on the touch screen would be a pain in the butt, but its very unique and fun to play.

On a more urgent note...

Are you thinking of Gauntlet?

Found it, it was three post below yours

But...I...but...

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ive played Gauntlet Legends on xbox its awesome
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 321 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast