Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 105 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread: Other authors you collect

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting 'puzzle' book from McSweeney's. Supposedly the authors hid Twelve emerald-studded numbers pried from the Emerald Khroniker, a legendary clock. The'pop-up'-book provides clues to find them.
    Link

[ame="<div align="center">
    <table class="tborder" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="400" style="margin:10px 0">
    <thead>
    <tr>
    <td class="tcat" colspan="2" style="text-align:center">
    <a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </thead>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td class="panelsurround" align="center"object width="425" height="350"param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d62bgG0OPMs"/paramembed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d62bgG0OPMs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent"/embed/object/td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table/div>"]YouTube- MYSTERY/HISTORY: Ep. 308, &quot;Time in the Dark: The Shadowy Story of the Emerald Khroniker&quot;[/ame]

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting 'puzzle' book from McSweeney's. Supposedly the authors hid Twelve emerald-studded numbers pried from the Emerald Khroniker, a legendary clock. The'pop-up'-book provides clues to find them.
    Link

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d62bgG0OPMs&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- MYSTERY/HISTORY: Ep. 308, &quot;Time in the Dark: The Shadowy Story of the Emerald Khroniker&quot;[/ame]

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

would that i could find dust jackets for some of my Hemingway first editions/

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Clacke View Post
    When I first got into Stephen King in the late seventies, there was one other horror author I read with the same passion - James Herbert. Compared to King, his writing was more in-your-face, but I loved his early output, and he wrote some memorable stuff: The Rats, The Dark, Lair, Domain, The Spear, and my favourite, The Fog. So when I heard that Jerad at Centipede was publishing an edition, I just had to get it. And once again, Jerard has produced a beautiful book:

Got my copy of this from Jerad this morning. Number 34. It's a lovely book!

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clacke View Post
    When I first got into Stephen King in the late seventies, there was one other horror author I read with the same passion - James Herbert. Compared to King, his writing was more in-your-face, but I loved his early output, and he wrote some memorable stuff: The Rats, The Dark, Lair, Domain, The Spear, and my favourite, The Fog. So when I heard that Jerad at Centipede was publishing an edition, I just had to get it. And once again, Jerard has produced a beautiful book:

Got my copy of this from Jerad this morning. Number 34. It's a lovely book!
    Jerad at Centipede has released another James Herbert Limited.

He made a beautiful limited of The Fog (as you can see courtesy of clacke) and this one will be just as desirable I'm sure. I love Herbert's novels and Jerad's limiteds so it's a win/win.

I just ordered one at $45.00.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

OMG those are sooo nice.

I've recently discovered Ronald Kelly through his Cemetery Dance chapbook. I've bought only one more book (also a chapbook) by him and it was great as well. It's called Flesh Welder and he sells those himself on Ebay. I had mine personalized. Neat little book for $10. CD should take note from Croatoan on how to do chapbooks. It's actually printed and not photocopied.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    OMG those are sooo nice.

I've recently discovered Ronald Kelly through his Cemetery Dance chapbook. I've bought only one more book (also a chapbook) by him and it was great as well. It's called Flesh Welder and he sells those himself on Ebay. I had mine personalized. Neat little book for $10. CD should take note from Croatoan on how to do chapbooks. It's actually printed and not photocopied.
    Find a copy of his short story collection "The Sick Stuff" - won't be disappointed.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Accepting offers on these. Shipping will be $5, these are small books.
    rrdunaway@msn.com or PM me

Norman Partridge- Dark Harvest , 2000 copies, SIGNED limited edition, originally $40 and now out of print at Cemetary Dance

When Dark Descends- #328/500 SIGNED-Charles Grant,Thomas Monteleone & Gary Braunbeck, published by Borderlands 2006, only known Collaboration of ficition by Charles Grant

Roll Them Bones #566 of 750 copies David Niall Wilson SIGNED, originally $30 and now out of print at Cemetary Dance

Walpulski's Typewriter, #unsure of 400 slipcased, SIGNED, originally $50 and now out of print at Cemetary Dance

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    OMG those are sooo nice.

Find a copy of his short story collection "The Sick Stuff" - won't be disappointed.
    I purchased the Flesh Welder chapbook because it had a Zach McCain cover and really enjoyed the story and have since finished The Sick Stuff, Cumberland Furnace, Dark Dixie - Tales of Southern Horror and just yesterday finished Timber Gray a fairly tradition western story and have loved them all.

I will buy Midnight Grinding from CD if they ever send the 50.00 certificate they owe me, then I will look into getting his older works.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to Bob and Ari for the Dan Simmons recommendations a few pages back. I just finished The Terror and loved it. Moving straight on to Drood.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by idlewarnings View Post
    Thanks to Bob and Ari for the Dan Simmons recommendations a few pages back. I just finished The Terror and loved it. Moving straight on to Drood.
    Adding My Thanks also...
    You all have such great recommendations

Read Drood and Black Hills, haven't got to The Terror yet,
    but Simmons has become a favorite

Reading The Passage now, then on to Zafon's Prince of Mist.

Karl

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You'll love Drood! It's one of his best books.

As for other books from the author, the only one I didn't quite like was Darwin's blade.

The other ones I enjoyed the most are Summer of night and Phases of Gravity.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

By the way. There's a curious book from him called Summer Sketches. In it, Dan shows sketches and text he wrote of the places visited before setting a novel in it. It's the only S/L edition I read and I loved it!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    You'll love Drood! It's one of his best books.

As for other books from the author, the only one I didn't quite like was Darwin's blade.

The other ones I enjoyed the most are Summer of night and Phases of Gravity.
    Didn't care for Drood too much - It's definitely NOT one of Simmons' better books.
    The Terror is indeed a grrrrrrrrreat book, as is Darwin's Blade.....

sk

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Until a dedicated Justin Cronin thread emerges, I propose to continue the discussion of THE PASSAGE in this thread

This might be of interest to some of you: a 'limited signed' UK edition of THE PASSAGE at a BIN of £44.99.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Until a dedicated Justin Cronin thread emerges, I propose to continue the discussion of THE PASSAGE in this thread

This might be of interest to some of you: a 'limited signed' UK edition of THE PASSAGE at a BIN of £44.99.
    It's already gone and the cool thing is, the seller is including the promotional 6 page newspaper released in the UK with it. The buyer grabbed a good deal in my opinion.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Torrance is on a distinguished road Jack Torrance's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I collect Tom Clancy, James Patterson, I have quite a collection of Edgar Allen Poe. A lot of them I have paperback copies, and then I have a complete works hard cover.

My girlfriend has quite the collection of Anne Rice. However I don't read any of them.
    "You've had your whole F***ing life to think things over, what good's a few minutes minutes more gonna do you now?"

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

It's already gone and the cool thing is, the seller is including the promotional 6 page newspaper released in the UK with it. The buyer grabbed a good deal in my opinion.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Yeah I expected it to go quickly - there's another one up for auction with a couple of hours remaining, current bid (after ten bids) is £56.55.

Banned demorgan is on a distinguished road

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I jumped on this seller right when he started offering them. I got one for 30.

OTHER JUSTIN CRONIN NEWS: I talked to the people that work at FORBIDDEN PLANET and they said that JUSTIN CRONIN will be there signing copies...at this moment, they are trying to work out a date.

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Yeah I expected it to go quickly - there's another one up for auction with a couple of hours remaining, current bid (after ten bids) is £56.55.
    It was me who grabbed it - thanks for the heads up, Biomieg. He actually dropped the BIN price down to £39.99 about five minutes before I bought it!
    The one up for auction is now, as I type, at £77.07 - one hour to go.

Edit: Anyone else interested in one here's another seller with five copies for £38.99 + two copies of the newspaper:
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Justin-Cronin-Pas...item1c1395fe85
    Last edited by Clacke; 06-24-2010 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Added Ebay link.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just picked up one with the newspaper for £36.99 - since I missed the s/l edition from CD, this will be close enough.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Water Street Books in Exeter, NH has a whole big stack of the bound-in signed editions of The Passage...not limited, but signed on a blank endpiece...

Dunno what they charge for shipping.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    Accepting offers on these. Shipping will be $5, these are small books.
    rrdunaway@msn.com or PM me

Norman Partridge- Dark Harvest , 2000 copies, SIGNED limited edition, originally $40 and now out of print at Cemetary Dance

When Dark Descends- #328/500 SIGNED-Charles Grant,Thomas Monteleone & Gary Braunbeck, published by Borderlands 2006, only known Collaboration of ficition by Charles Grant

Roll Them Bones #566 of 750 copies David Niall Wilson SIGNED, originally $30 and now out of print at Cemetary Dance

Walpulski's Typewriter, #unsure of 400 slipcased, SIGNED, originally $50 and now out of print at Cemetary Dance
    i wouldnt already have Darabont's i would get it...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 105 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast