Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: King's worst novel?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, i just recentley read Dreamcatcher and wasn't very enamoured with it. The military stuff was boring...and there was so much of it, plus, I didn't connect with the characters like I usually do with SK. But The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon...that story is awesome!!!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a "shoot em up kill em all" excitement kind of guy and like some of kings books that are like that. Cell comes to mind because there wasn't much substance, sure--but I kind of liked that. <shrug>

But that doesn't mean King can't write what some would all a "slow" book well. Look at The Stand. That thing grinds for hundreds of pages without any significant action going on and you are still riveted to the pages.

I think King can write "boring" and that is different for all of us. Dreamcatcher was sure in that category for me.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm a "shoot em up kill em all" excitement kind of guy and like some of kings books that are like that. Cell comes to mind because there wasn't much substance, sure--but I kind of liked that. <shrug>

But that doesn't mean King can't write what some would all a "slow" book well. Look at The Stand. That thing grinds for hundreds of pages without any significant action going on and you are still riveted to the pages.

I think King can write "boring" and that is different for all of us. Dreamcatcher was sure in that category for me.
    Good points Matt. The Stand was long and grinding yet I loved every moment. Dreamcatcher is my next book, after I finally finish Catch-22.

Traveler Eluria is on a distinguished road Eluria's Avatar

I think the worst out of the ones I've read so far would have to be Hearts in Atlantis and Dreamcatcher (although it was ten times better than the atrocious movie they made for it!)

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

ARGH, Dreamcatcher - I just did not like that one at all. I'm rereading all my King now, however, so we'll see if that opinion changes. I doubt it though.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I wasnt crazy about Geralds Game....maybe I should try it again.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm really not liking Dolores Claiborne.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Uhhh...why?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, why?! It was a great story *shakes Feev*...*gently*

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Uhhh...why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Yes, why?! <...>
    yes, why???!!!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That angry bear smilie is great!!

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

That is great

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Uhhh...why?
    Yes, why?! <...>
    yes, why???!!!
    Well, I'm not liking it so far. The characters don't interest me, the plot bores me, and the description of the enviroment in which the story is taking place thus far makes me feel...meh. I'll give my complete impressions once I finish the book.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Feverish don't feel you have to explain yourself to these folk..they're not worthy of you taking the time and effort to do so.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Feverish don't feel you have to explain yourself to these folk..they're not worthy of you taking the time and effort to do so.
    No, it's all good. Personally, I get just a little irritated when people don't explain why they don't like something, therefore I try my best to explain myself whenever I feel I have the correct words lined up or if i'm not feeling too lazy.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Dolores Claiborne was written in a deliberate slow pace to reflect the long suffering DC suffered and how she continud to march on her 1,000 mile journey. It's difficult to have a reader understand something as painful and lifelong as that which she suffered by simply saying:
    She worked long and hard all her life.
    Little would be conveyed by that.
    I thought The Stand was like a 7 course meal. Well paced but slow enough to enjoy every course. The Unedited version was like a 9 course meal at The French Laundry.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn Randall and his hunger inducing posts!!!!111

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't make me come over there, young man!

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, i just recentley read Dreamcatcher and wasn't very enamoured with it. The military stuff was boring...and there was so much of it, plus, I didn't connect with the characters like I usually do with SK. But The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon...that story is awesome!!!
    how could you say that TGTLTG was good i thought that it was boring the first half and stupid the second half

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Don't make me come over there, young man!
    Please do come over girly!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Actually fighting was the least on my mind...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

how could you say that TGTLTG was good i thought that it was boring the first half and stupid the second half
    Ummm...because she has a different opinion?

How boring life would be if we all liked the same thing.

And CK's a lover, not a fighter.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    And CK's a lover, not a fighter.
    Fuckin-A, and anyone who says different I will have to tear their heads off slowly.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's why I love ya, baby.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast