Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Patrick

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

How do you get the bookplates, Patrick. Though I don't like her recent writing, I like her early books a lot.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    How do you get the bookplates, Patrick. Though I don't like her recent writing, I like her early books a lot.
    That's pretty much how I feel as well, Brice.

I'll send you a PM with the details.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Nice. I won't be affixing these to any books, but did you, Alan?
    No Patrick. I just laid them into a few of his books.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

A few months ago, I picked up a numbered, limited handpainted Constant Reader sculture by UK artist (and TDT.com member), Rachel Readman. This is #3 of 19.

There were:
    1 un-numbered, hand painted and personalised 'For Stephen King'

1 un-numbered, hand painted and personalised 'For Michael & Audrey' (Michael allowed use of the eye sigul on the sculpture and the tower in the drawing of the Constant Reader door so it seemed fitting that the artist present them with a sculpture)

19 of the total 250 available publicly: Hand painted. I now own #3.

231 of the total 250 available publicly: Antique Bronze or Antique Silver (no set quantities of either finish, left to customer choice). Some of these are still available from the artist.

(Note: Additional info and photos to be added later. My home computer needs fixing.)

Some better photos of the sculpture and its detail:

The limitation plaque on the back:

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think those sculptures are beautiful. I have handpainted #13. And if I recall correctly, Patrick, you got a great deal on that one!

ps - love that pic.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Ralph and Gretchen.

- - -

On the prior page here, I posted my Signed Collectors Edition, as well as an unsigned 1st edition, of King's UNDER THE DOME. With the help of another collector here, I have now added a signed 1st edition to my collection.

Thanks to another member in England, I also now have the UK unsigned hardcover edition.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I knew nothing about the book with which it is associated, but to support The Haven Foundation fundraiser I recently purchased a signed/numbered print by Alan M. Clark called "Poe's Lighthouse." This is #494 of 500.

I rather like it.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Upon hearing that I didn't know the book with which my new signed artwork is associated, our friend Ralph sent me a copy of POE'S LIGHTHOUSE.

Oh, and not just any copy, he sent me the Signed/Limited edition!

Ralph, you're a hell of a guy! Thank you.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Four months ago, I posted this:

The chapbook of Joe Hill's story, THUMBPRINT, from Subterranean Press.

Someday I hope to pick up the signed hardcover edition of the chapbook.

Here is the hardcover book that chapbook came with, SUBTERRANEAN TALES OF DARK FANTASY.

On the evening of Thursday, March 4, 2010, Jerome and I met up in San Francisco at Booksmith on Haight because Joe Hill was there for a stop on his book tour.

The unsigned chapbook posted above is now inscribed and signed thusly:

Interesting side note:

I had another one of these chapbooks with me that Joe signed first, but he really botched up the spelling of "Patrick." Maybe he was just too tired and burnt out, but he must have had quite the momentary brain-fade. Joe got the "p" and the "a" and the "r" all in the wrong places, and the "c" was all elongated and too open, and the "k" was so sloppy it looked like some other letter, and he forgot the "t" and "i" altogether. Luckily I had a second one that he inscribed correctly as shown above. So I got rid of the other messed-up chapbook and all is well in the world.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Six months ago, I posted this:

Peter Crowther is the man behind PS PUBLISHING. Here is his book THE LAND AT THE END OF THE WORKING DAY. The book contains four stories, each with an introduction written by another author. Joe Hill writes one of the intros.

This is the signed/limited edition and is #31 of 200, signed by Peter Crowther.

The book itself, under the slipcover:

Signature/limitation page:

I asked Peter to inscribe the book as I have no plans to sell it, and because I admire and respect the work that PS Publishing does.

Here is the table of contents. Whenever I see Joe Hill again, I'll ask him to inscribe it as well.

Check out the inscription page as of March 4th!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

In January 2009 I posted this:

This just in. Another collector here hooked me up.

The 3rd Alternative magazine, Issue #39, Autumn 2004, featuring the Joe Hill short story, "The Black Phone".

I love this cover.

On March 4th of this year, Joe inscribed it:

On your left behind the magazine is a promotional flyer from the bookstore hosting the event. As you can see, Joe signed that for me as well (thanks go to Jerome for the idea).

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone reading Locke & Key? Here are some comics I took to Joe's signing on March 4th.

The first story arc is L&K: Welcome to Lovecraft

Here is a signed First Printing of Issue #1 and an inscribed Dynamic Forces Negative Variant (1000 limitation) of Issue #1.

The second story arc is L&K: Head Games

Here is a signed First Printing of Issue #1 and a signed Retailer Incentive Sketch Variant of Issue #1.

The third story arc is L&K: Crown of Shadows

Here is a signed First Printing of Issue #1.

And finally, something outside the world of Locke & Key.

Grave Tales #6. Signed by Joe Hill. Hard to see in this photo, but the hanging man is now making choking noises.

As you may have surmised, Joe used the same pen on all of these.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

But wait, there's more! That evening of March 4, 2010, I brought a second set of comics for Joe to sign:

L&K: Welcome to Lovecraft, Issue #1, First Printing - signed by Joe Hill
    L&K: Head Games, Issue #1 Retailer Sketch Variant (less common than the regular issue) - signed by Joe Hill
    L&K: Crown of Shadows, Issue #1, First Printing - signed by Joe Hill

Most of you can ignore the following, but for those philanthropically-minded fans of Joe Hill's Locke & Key...
    Spoiler:
    I am going to donate these three signed comics, along with the unsigned event flyer you see in the photo, to TDT.com's HILLHAVEN FOUNDATION fundraiser to be auctioned off together as a set. The timing of when they'll go on the auction block will be up to Matt.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is the Trade Edition by Subterranean Press of Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft. It has no dustjacket as those were reserved for the more expensive S/L editions.

The hardcover book contains the full first story arc.

But most of the pages are filled with Joe's script. Seeing the script is pretty interesting and provides insight into how the author and artist collaborate.

I brought it along on the 4th and Joe signed the title page for me. "Locke On!"

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool Patrick!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Tito!

- - -

Here is Joe Hill's first published work, BETTER THAN HOME. This is a 1st Edition, 2nd Printing. Both printings are considered first editions, but the first printing is rarer. The 2nd printing was limited to 400 copies however.

Cover, paperstock, typeset, etc. are the same for both printings. The copyright page is the same except for one important difference...

It clearly states "Second Printing" on the copyright page:

This author's bio at the end of the second printing is updated from the one in the first printing:

I bought two copies of the 2nd printing back in 2007 when they came out. On March 4th, Joe signed them for me and doodled a baseball.

Here is the chapbook I kept (the one I didn't keep was signed and doodled pretty much identically):

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is the U.S. First Edition of Joe Hill's short story collection, 20TH CENTURY GHOSTS.

A few months ago, I was lamenting that while I owned a couple U.S. hardcover 1st Editions, neither were signed. Another collector here helped me out with one of his signed copies. Here is the signed (I love the doodle) copy he sold me:

On March 4th when I saw Joe, I brought along one of my own unsigned copies. It is now doodled and inscribed as such:

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

As posted in this thread at the time, in October 2008 I received an inscribed copy of the paperback U.S. 1st Edition of Joe Hill's HEART-SHAPED BOX. Well, Harper just released a follow-up 1st Edition that references Joe's latest book on the cover and bio page.

The 2008 paperback 1st on the left, the 2010 paperback 1st on the right:

The inscription in my 2008 paperback 1st (as posted at the time):

The signature and heart doodle in my 2010 paperback 1st from the signing on March 4, 2010:

Copyright page of the 2010 edition stating that it is a 1st Edition, 1st Printing:

Go figure.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Patrick

Your Joe Hill collection is outstanding.

Glad to help out with the Poe's Lighthouse.

Ralph
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Patrick !!!

Those are awesome !!! And I love that sculpture.

I'm majorly jealous of those signed comics!!!

Congrats on everything! Super cool.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice, Patrick!

John

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Your collection has grown quite a bit lately. Soon Joe Hill will need his own bookcase at your house.

Pam: Plan on bidding high.

If you rescue me

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff Patrick. It was cool watching some of them being signed by JH.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast