Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Book Collection: Pucky

Traveler Pucky is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

This is my meager little collection.
    I've taken a quick peek at Mr. Rabbit Trick's collection and I kneel IN AWE for a real collector. Kudos Mr. R T

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pucky View Post
    This is my meager little collection.
    I've taken a quick peek at Mr. Rabbit Trick's collection and I kneel IN AWE for a real collector. Kudos Mr. R T
    There are several better collections than mine on here. You have a better collection than I had 5 years ago.

Keep at it, and invest in some Brodart covers for your best books.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Don't be modest, Mr. RT! You will have to learn to live with the fact that you are a kind of role model to some of the newbie collectors here (such as myself)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks great, Pucky!

One thing though that you might want to watch out for is that at least one of your shelves has all the books leaning to the right. Over time that will ruin the integrity of the books' structure. You might want to straighten those to vertical.

I love the inscribed books, by the way. Is there a story behind those signings?

Side note: Glad you got the photolinks figured out. I deleted some early test posts to free your thread from the clutter, but left the instructional ones for future reference.

Again, welcome to TDT.com!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice pictures. I like barrister bookcases, books always look better behind glass for some reason. You made me curious about how many individual books I have in my King collection, so I counted them. 265 hardcovers, trade paperbacks, etc. and 168 paperbacks. Funny, it seems like there are more then that. Must be because UTD is so thick!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pucky you have a beautiful collection!!!
    You have a lot of very beautiful books, editions like The Shining, The Stand, of course signed Carrie (Great signature), The Colorado Kid L/N Edition (Do you have pics?)...etc...etc...Congrats

I always love to see collections and I enjoied your!!

Long days and pleasant nights

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the advice Patrick, will do.
    Actually, there IS a story behind Carrie and Eyes of The Dragon signings.
    Back around 1998, I thought that I would really like to have a signed 8x10 glossy of Stephen King. I wrote a letter to him and got an answer from his secretary explaining that SK does not sign photos.
    however, if I wished, I could have my name put on a waiting list to have SK sign two (2) only books of mine. I, of course jumped at the chance (BTW, King no longer does this).
    About 18 months later, I got another letter from his secretary, saying that I had 2 weeks to mail the books for his enscription, which I did. After another few months, my books came back, signed. (BTW, since I live in Canada, I had to pay DUTY on my own books to get them back. Anywho, I got them and cherish them.

Country
    Country Flag

artan: Here are pictures of my Colorado Kid (ppb and hc).
    Also a couple of pics of two kinda weird books I picked up. Scarce, hopefully.
    And pics of my 3 Russian language hard covers (no, I don't speak Russian)

Here is Carrie, Night Shift and Storm of the Century

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the Russian books. I have one myself.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great collection Pucky!

Traveler Aylania is on a distinguished road Aylania's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! That is an amazing collection Pucky! I am well and truly jealous hehe

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the signed Carrie !

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2