Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Patrick

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The hardcover of the second story in the LOCKE & KEY comic series.

Inscribed and doodled by the author, Joe Hill:

One of the extras in the hardcover that I really enjoy is The Known Keys:

I love this comic series, both the story and the artwork are top-notch.

(My first arc hardcover is posted here.)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm loving all the Joe Hill stuff. Congrats on the new items!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Heather.

The Dan Simmons hardcover, MUSE OF FIRE.

From author Ray Bradbury:
    MARIONETTES, INC. and an unrelated chapbook, THE SHOP OF THE ELECTRICAL INSECTS

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Celebrating the publication of fifty books, Hard Case Crime's FIFTY-TO-ONE, a story with each chapter titled after one of its books.

Signature page:

Front end boards with 25 covers of past books that they've published, including Stephen King's THE COLORADO KID:

Rear end boards with the other 25 past covers:

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!!

Did you read Muse of fire? I'm thinking about purchasing that book.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Very nice!!

Did you read Muse of Fire? I'm thinking about purchasing that book.
    Thanks, Ari!

Actually I'm nearing the end of my first Dan Simmons experience: DROOD.

I'm really enjoying it. I look forward to reading more Simmons, so his novella MUSE OF FIRE will probably be next.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Patrick.

John

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

And Dan Simmons too
    Let me know how that one is. I haven't read it yet.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Very nice!!

Did you read Muse of Fire? I'm thinking about purchasing that book.
    Thanks, Ari!

Actually I'm nearing the end of my first Dan Simmons experience: DROOD.

I'm really enjoying it. I look forward to reading more Simmons, so his novella MUSE OF FIRE will probably be next.
    I suggest "the Terror" too!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Gosh, Patrick - Awesome new additions to your collection! Congrats.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Of Dan I liked almost all his novels. Maybe Darwin's blade wasn't the best, but Fires of Eden, Phases of Gravity, Summer of night and the Hyperion saga are excellent books. I'm half of The terror and 400 pages of Drood.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the comments and for the Simmons reading recommedations!

New acquisitions for my Joe Hill collection:

These slipcased sets are limited to 100 each (not numbered) and are San Diego Comic Con exclusives (the slipcases not the comic books).

Here are the sets from the 2008 SDCC and the 2009 SDCC:

The 2008 SDCC Slipcase Series set from IDW - the first three issues of the first story arc, LOCKE & KEY: WELCOME TO LOVECRAFT

Back of the 2008 slipcase:

The 2009 SDCC Slipcase Series signed/limited set from IDW includes the Retail Incentive Variant editions of the first four issues of the second story arc, LOCKE & KEY: HEAD GAMES

As seen in the photo above, I picked up the iPhone skin, also a 2009 SDCC exclusive, from Joe Hill's GUNPOWDER created by artist Vincent Chong.

(The wavy light is only the flash on the plastic outer shrinkwrap.)
    Last edited by Patrick; 10-18-2009 at 09:52 AM. Reason: correction

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff Patrick

Love the gelaskins

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Nice stuff Patrick

Love the gelaskins

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Thanks, Ralph.

I like those too. Makes me glad I don't have an iPhone, I'd be too tempted to use them.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Any Clive Barker fans out there?

I just picked up a couple signed alternative cover versions of the first comic book he has authored. These were available from Melt Down Comics.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I recently obtained proof copies of two King-related books.

THE COMPLETE STEPHEN KING UNIVERSE, by Waiter, Golden and Wagner.

and

CANDLES BURNING, by Tabitha King and Malcolm McDowell

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Now for Stephen King's newest novel, UNDER THE DOME.

The Signed/Limited (a.k.a. Signed Collectors Edition) was limited to 1500 unnumbered copies.

Trade edition on the left. S/L on the right:
    The Collectors Editions (both signed and unsigned) came with a case of character cards as seen to the right of the books still in shrinkwrap.

Different prices listed on the flaps of the two dustjackets:

Endpapers of trade edition are blank. The endpapers of the Collectors Edition are a map of the story's town, Chester's Mill:

The books themselves have different boards:

The tipped-in limitation page of the S/L has no writing other than King's original signature:

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

And just for fun, here is the issue of ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY magazine that previewed the release of UNDER THE DOME.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice picture of his office.

It goes right along with my question to him for the Sarasota Reading (if I get to ask it)

Can you sit in your office with blinders on and write or do you have to get away somewhere for the story to come together?

Ralph Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Very cool, Patrick !! Congrats.

... and is that a little Luke Skywalker doll holding the page open?!?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Nice picture of his office.

It goes right along with my question to him for the Sarasota Reading (if I get to ask it)

Can you sit in your office with blinders on and write or do you have to get away somewhere for the story to come together?

Ralph Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Good question, Ralph. My question about the photo is, "Where is the stereo system?" Isn't he always saying he cranks up the music to earsplitting levels while he writes?

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Very cool, Patrick !! Congrats.

... and is that a little Luke Skywalker doll holding the page open?!?
    Thanks, Pam. No, that's not Luke, it's Anakin. He fits into the hollow Darth Vader figure holding open the S/L edition.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Three bookplates with original signatures from Anne Rice. Obtained directly from the source.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

"Randall Flagg" limited edition print with original signature from the artist, Bernie Wrightson.

Bernie Wrightson was asked by Stephen King in 1984 to begin work on illustrating a complete version of The Stand. In 1991, Glimmer Graphics published a portfolio of these black and white drawings ("plates") in two editions, a signed and numbered limited edition of 1,200 copies, and an unnumbered edition (I don't know how many copies). The portfolio is comprised of 12 black and white plates of the originally published pen and ink illustrations produced by Wrightson in 1984-1985.

However there is also a 13th "Bonus Plate" of Randall Flagg, signed by Wrightson. This is one of those:

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Three bookplates with original signatures from Anne Rice. Obtained directly from the source.

Very nice Patrick. I did the same thing with the horror author James Herbert a few years back and he was kind enough to send me a few plates also.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice. I won't be affixing these to any books, but did you, Alan?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast