Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1809

Thread: the DT movie thread

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Norman Reedus indeed would be perfect as Eddie - have you seen the Boondock Saints? (I recently saw it and loved it!) He's got a great sense of humour, joking constantly in RL, too. =)

Never thought of that, but true, Donald Sutherland would make a very creepy Eldred Jonas.. Brilliant!!

What about Cuthbert Allgood? (He's my favourite. mine! mine! ;D) Somehow I've always imagined him as blonde, slightly curly-haired man. Later I discovered that in the Browning's Childe Roland poem he indeed was blonde. And he's got curly hair! What a coincidence. But Jae Lee's version of him is quite handsome, too. Heath Ledger would've been Cuthbert of mine, were he still alive.. sigh.

And I'm still trying to decide if Viggo Mortensen would be Roland for me. I'm not sure yet.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes I've seen The Boondock Saints and I love that movie too. Something about a couple of Irish guys shooting mobsters . . . Hahaha
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Gunslinger Apprentice Munchausen is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Lance Henricksen as Roland
    Robert Downy Jr. as Eddie Dean
    Angela Basset as Odetta Holmes/Detta Walker/Susannah Dean
    Haley Joel Osmet as Jake

All about 15 years ago.

I was thinking of the Clive Owen for Roland and seeing as it's come up independantly it must hold water.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

See the general movie thread for my casting choices.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    monte and i were just talking about this last night in chat.

since i don't have a time machine, my vote is still firmly in the adam baldwin box.
    no no no. adam baldwin could never be eddie. in my head, edward furlong has played that part since reading wizard and glass.
    gary oldman as the man in black.

dur.
    i suggested lance henriksen as jonas a long time ago.

again, though, Ungela Brockman still plays detta/odetta/susannah in my head.

i just searched my posts in this thread to get all of my picks in one post.

/me high fives herself.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Default DT Casting Chat

I would say that for Roland Mel Gibson would be perfect. In The Dark Tower III The Waste Lands; I was looking at the illustration following page 268 called "He Fired" From the way Ned Dameron drew this, it looked like he had Mel Gibson in Mind! The way the eyes look and the hair I would say that Mel and Roland could be twins (or twinners)

For Eddie I would choose Christain Slater. The way he talks and his attitude are perfect for Eddie.

For Odett/Detta; Susanna Dean I would choose Queen Latifah (sp) She is a wonderful actress and has starred in many types of films.

I am not sure about Jake. I would have chosen Hayle Joel Osmet when The Sixth Sense came first came out , but he is too old now.

Along the Path of the Beam Claude Clay will become famous soon enough Claude Clay's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Richard Boone as Roland. He is tall [6'3"] lean & ugly.

and Have Gun ~ Will Travel fits rather nicely with wandering Roland the Gunslinger. Both help those along their way; though Paladin's goal is not as defined as Roland's.
    SK says he takes ideas where they come---i wonder how much of Roland is Paladin?

Little Joe [Michael Landon-Bonanza] for Eddie

David Bowie for the kid who could draw real

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Clay View Post
    Little Joe [Bonnaza] for Eddie
    Surely the first call for Michael Landon as Eddie.

Blaine the Terror Train Mad Man is on a distinguished road Mad Man's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really hope that they won't make a movie out from DT series

you just can't make a movie about such epic thing - they would cut 90% of the plot out and leave only shooting parts in... which would be a complete failure - and that would ruin the reputation of the books

At least I'm thinking about it like this

I am the one I am the one
    The godlike terror train
    The superior, artificial brain
    Feel free to call me Blaine!

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think a feature length movie or series of movies is the way to go. HBO showed with projects like Sopranos, Rome and Band of Brothers that the size of the screen does not limit the scope of the project. I figure you could go about five seasons with the material at hand.
    Another Roland casting suggestion I have is Kris Kristopherson. Well at least he could have done it in the early eighties.
    I'm in the middle of Wizard and Glass right now. I wouldn't mind casting myself in the role of either Depape or Reynolds. Something like that. But for Eldred Jonas I hear Richard Farnsworth (the sheriff from Misery) but in my mind's eye I see Sam Elliot.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Sam Elliot would be a great choice for Jonas, I think. I agree with an HBO series too. They could dedicate one whole season to each book. That would be incredible.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

Blaine the Terror Train Mad Man is on a distinguished road Mad Man's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

that would be way too stretched and long... everyone who haven't touched the books would lose the track of the plot sooner or later.

I am the one I am the one
    The godlike terror train
    The superior, artificial brain
    Feel free to call me Blaine!

Country
    Country Flag

How is that when you say that a movie would cut about 90% of the plot 'out'? This would be the whole point for a series.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Man View Post
    that would be way too stretched and long... everyone who haven't touched the books would lose the track of the plot sooner or later.
    Dood....dvd boxed sets! Nobody would loose track of anything!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

My concern isn't so much keeping up as them screwing it up in which case I'd have to personally hunt everyone involved including the lowliest set janitor to kill them all. It just seems so tiring.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

But Brice, that could be, like, your Tower!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, till I ended up behind four towers
    Spoiler:
    ...surrounding a prison.

If you rescue me

Traveler garettharper is on a distinguished road

For the record, I've only read Book 1 (so far!). But I created an entry on my blog about my casting selections for The Gunslinger. Take a look!

http://dream-casting.blogspot.com/20...unslinger.html

Traveler garettharper is on a distinguished road

I have a confession to make: I've only read Book 1. But The drawing of the Three is on my to do list! I promise I will read it very soon!

That being said, obviously, the characters I have cast are only from The Gunslinger. Take a look at my blog for my picks and leave a comment about your thoughts. Thanks!

Dream-Casting

Country
    Country Flag

Frido-sai is a lazy ass , so I'm writing for him. He says: "Hugh Jackman for Roland!"
    (strong, rough, handsome type, he says. me giggles, Frido looks at me and grins )

He also asks whether Oy should be a CGI character or a real animal?

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Country
    Country Flag

Oy's gotta be CGI. Although Stephen never used the word to describe Oy or any bumbler, I still think of mongoose or meercat as the stock animal to start with. Don't know why either. I think it's the eyes.
    Hugh's got the cache to pull it off.

Country
    Country Flag

I think CGI too. I guess I would rather Oy be real, but I don't think they would be able to get what they needed to out of a real animal . . . and you know those PETA freaks would go on and on about any kind of make-up or prosthetics or costumes or whatever would be involved to turn some real animal into a believable bumbler.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

Country
    Country Flag

I know, I know Oy is so dear to me I'm afraid it would break my heart to see some unnatural-looking CGI animation instead of a real, living thing. But I also understand why it might not be possible to have a real one.

Yet I want to see a living billy-bumbler, licking Roland's cheek. *sob*

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Traveler AlChron77 is on a distinguished road

I only have one idea for casting (and IMHO it fits perfectly). Sam Elliot is Eldred Jonas in W&G. He is exactly who I saw in my head as I read that book. What do you think?

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

oh hell yeah sams the man
    another actor who was in the big lebowski in addition to elliot that I think would be cool is steve buscemi as The Man In Black himself

dammit still cant figure out how to get a friggin pic up onto here got a good one 2
    oh well
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast