Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Pilgrim sunrise, pagan sunset

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

:-: Pilgrim sunrise, pagan sunset

A magical time put in stone

Only by revelations in three it was known

A late night infomercial reduces weight

But mocks my quality and fate

Prominent is my bearer's gait

The Frenchman, in need of Prilosec

May have surrendered me to Turner’s deck.

A young one worked on my first.

A “Champion” improved with little reversed.

Despite history and Hitler, today I sit

In the hands of a Brit.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Beautifully worded Jon,
    if you dont loose sleep writing these,
    I'll tell you true, it keeps me up trying
    to figure out...whats it about.

Jeans in the hands of a Brit

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jon, I am going to ask maybe a silly question, but is it a poem or riddle?
    I think it is a poem and it is very good.

Gunslinger Apprentice Disturbed Angel is on a distinguished road Disturbed Angel's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A magical time put in stone - solstice? I'm thinking of Stonehenge

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    ok, that was too much fun..... my personal favorite..... Anal Spank Joy

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mia/susannah View Post
    Jon, I am going to ask maybe a silly question, but is it a poem or riddle?
    I think it is a poem and it is very good.

It is a riddle that rhymes. You may notice this trend with my riddles.

Nothing right or close yet...except the word "stone."

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Read it again. I had two lines switched and it is now corrected.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Roseta Stone have anything to do with it?

The answer is within

Demon of the Prim Maturins_Daughter is on a distinguished road Maturins_Daughter's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tourettes!

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

a magical time put in stone - - - makes me think of excalibur. but it was the sword put into stone not the time itself.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is it a precious gemstone Jon? Perhaps in a crown?
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

My Mood
    In Love

Hey now Mistress, you got anything on this one?

The answer is within

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Roseta Stone have anything to do with it?

You have the misspelled goose!!!

Rosetta Stone it is!!!

My Mood
    In Love

Uh, your kidding, it was a shot in the dark!
    And as you know I have no faith in my ability
    to write a riddle so, I'll just share the goose
    with everyone, and await your next riddle .

The answer is within

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Uh, your kidding, it was a shot in the dark!
    And as you know I have no faith in my ability
    to write a riddle so, I'll just share the goose
    with everyone, and await your next riddle .
    I have an idea for one...if I ever finish my homework you will see it.But I now have to sleep...then off to a concert...then off to work!

My Mood
    In Love

Have fun my friend, I await your riddle upon your safe return!

The answer is within

okay, i plead total and complete ignorance.

i don't get it.
    :stupidturtle:

Gunslinger Apprentice Disturbed Angel is on a distinguished road Disturbed Angel's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Read Da Vinci Code

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    ok, that was too much fun..... my personal favorite..... Anal Spank Joy

read it. still don't get it. :stupidturtle:

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    read it. still don't get it. :stupidturtle:

Just don't cuss at me! LOL

"You can't cuss on this here radio" - Smokey and the Bandit

OK...

A magical time put in stone - the Rosetta stone was first written in hieroglyphics, one of the first languages...a magical time...also a time when magic was thought to be real.

Only by revelations in three it was known- The Rosetta stone was written in three languages, three layers of stone. The last layer is written in classical Greek. This allowed later scholars to translate the other two languages. The first language being hieroglyphic, a once completely unknown language that puzzled all for centuries.

A late night infomercial reduces weight - a product you can use on your computer VIA CD to help you learn different languages is now sold. A CD weighs much less than the Rosetta stone.

But mocks my quality and fate - The commercial product named Rosetta Stone is not as important as THE Rosetta Stone as THE Rosetta Stone allowed much of the hieroglyphic language to be deciphered.

Prominent is my bearer's gait - The stone was damned heavy! 1, 676 LBS. (760 KG)

The Frenchman, in need of Prilosec A reference to Napoleon.

May have surrendered me to Turner’s deck. The French and English were at war (again) at the time the French found the stone. British Colonel Thomkyns Turner claims to have taken the stone by force and had to remove one of his ship's guns from the gun deck and transport the stone in place of the heavy canon.

A young one worked on my first. A British polymath named Thomas Young translated the first Egyptian language, enchorial demotic text. (You understand they already knew classical Greek...the third text.)

A “Champion” improved with little reversed. British scholar Jean-Francois Champollion deciphered the hieroglyphic portion of the text using Egyptian Coptic (which is based on the Greek alphabet) and Young's work. Little had to be changed in this translation.

Despite history and Hitler, today I sit Many attempts have been made to destroy or steal the stone including Hitler's bombing of London.

In the hands of a Brit. The British store the stone at "The British Museum." (very creative name eh?)

A late night infomercial reduces weight - a product you can use on your computer VIA CD to help you learn different languages is now sold. A CD weighs much less than the Rosetta stone.

But mocks my quality and fate - The commercial product named Rosetta Stone is not as important as THE Rosetta Stone as THE Rosetta Stone allowed much of the hieroglyphic language to be deciphered.

oh. see, these two are the reasons i didn't get it. i was thinking "weight" in a different way. and when i added it to the next "mocks my quality and fate" i went in a totally different direction.

thanks for the explanation. and no cussing at the teacher! i promise.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool beans!

My Mood
    In Love

hell, I just guessed correctly

The answer is within

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

hell, I just guessed correctly

That has worked for me more times than you know...if you guess wrong...you have eliminated a guess... no big deal. Some times a wrong guess will spark someone else's idea.