Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Top 5 (non DT) SK books

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

hmmmm

The Talisman

Insomnia

It

Delores Clairborn

Rage

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

John F. Kennedy gunslinger19 is on a distinguished road gunslinger19's Avatar

1. The Talisman
    2. The Stand
    3. Black House
    4. The Green Mile
    5. IT

Traveler phenol is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

1) Salem's Lot
    2) Pet Sematary
    3) The Shining
    4) Carrie
    5) The Stand

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

1. The Stand
    2. It
    3. The Talisman/Black House
    4. The Shining
    5. The Long Walk

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hard to choose...

1. It
    2. The Shining
    3. Hearts in Atlantis
    4. Insomnia
    5. Eyes of the Dragon

The first two are the ones I feel 100% positive about. The last three are subject to change, although they stick out as some of the books I've enjoyed the most and reread considerably.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Stand
    Pet Semetary
    Hearts in Atlantis
    Talisman
    Salem's Lot

But seriously, given that King is one of my favorite authors, there are a lot of books I could drop into the top five.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is hard. Today's specials are (in no order):

1. It
    2. Misery
    3. From A Buick 8
    4. The Long Walk
    5. TheStandNeedfulThingsDesperationTalismanCarrie

Whew! It was hard to pick just 5. I'm glad I managed.

Gunslinger Apprentice To The Dark Tower Came is on a distinguished road To The Dark Tower Came's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Let me see,

1. It
    2. The Stand
    3. Insomnia
    4. The Shining
    5. Tommyknockers

Tommyknockers was the first King novel I'd ever read, but not my favorite. Besides the DT books, I'd have to say that It is, in my opinion, the most well crafted story. The Stand is a close second, though it does suffer a little drag in the middle.
    "...quiet as despair, I turn’d from him..."

Posts made by user To The Dark Tower Came
    are his opinion. Any feelings of anger, angst,
    or weltsmertz please see a licensed mental
    health professional immediately.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It
    Carrie
    'Salems Lot
    Hearts in Atlantis
    On Writing

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

:check:

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    hmmmm
    Insomnia
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Hard to choose...
    4. Insomnia
    Quote Originally Posted by To The Dark Tower Came View Post
    Let me see,
    3. Insomnia

SCHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET this is one my all-time favorites too.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I was about halfway through Insomnia before I had to put it down. Thus far it's been captivating, but I'm waiting for the real action to start, i.e. the Crimson King plotline.

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

The Stand
    The Talisman
    The Long Walk
    Pet Sematary
    It
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Stand unabridged
    2. The Stand abridged
    3. The Black House
    4. Tommyknockers
    5. Cell
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Citizen of Gilead Ka-tet is on a distinguished road Ka-tet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1)Pet Semetery(scared the living shit out of me, also puts the movie to shame)
    2)The girl who loved tom gordon(i didnt drop the book after picking it up untill i finished it)
    3)Cell(not done with it yet but im about halfway through and loving it)
    4)Misery(my first SK book)

*Realsiation*

I dont think ive finshed any SK apart from DT and the ones metiond above!! And i own quite a few...
    If you love me, then love me-Susan of mejis
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork
    You burn prettily-Corwin of Amber

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    5. Cell

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't put it in my top 5, but I liked cell.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Stand
    2. Bag of Bones
    3. The Talisman
    4. IT
    5. The Green Mile
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

1. Insomnia
    2. Talisman
    3. Green Mile
    4. It
    5. Different Seasons

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Since it was impossible to make it a poll (too many options), I will post statistics time to time. The novels are in descending order of popularity, the people in order of appearance in this thread. (CrinVA appeared three times. The third appearance was identical to the second. ). I included only those votes for Talisman or Black House where they were considered separate novels. I included the conventional collections, though, because, in my arbitrary opinion, a collection is closer to being one "book" than two separate novels.

40 - The Stand: ManOfWesternesse; Odetta; Chassit; Ruki; funky dredd; Rjeso; Jean; Matt; Erin; gguthrie; MonteGss; Randall Flagg; ZoNeSeeK; Daghain; Frunobulax; VolsToTheWall; Steve; tamez; Cuthbert Allbad; Ruthful; Spencer; CrinVA; chrismart83; All_Hail_The_Crimson_King; Jake Chambers; MaraJShakespeare; Telynn; flair; RolandDerRevolvermann; Ikilledthecrimsonking; ladysai; BedOfRoses; Rolands_Father; gunslinger19; phenol; R_of_G; TerribleT; To The Dark Tower Came; ATG; Jon

38 - It: Darkthoughts; ManOfWesternesse; Chassit; Ruki; funky dredd; Rjeso; Jean; gguthrie; MonteGss; Randall Flagg; ZoNeSeeK; Frunobulax; VolsToTheWall; Steve; tamez; Ruthful; Spencer; CrinVA; chrismart83; All_Hail_The_Crimson_King; Tvmorbid; Jake Chambers; MaraJShakespeare; Storyslinger; RolandDerRevolvermann; ladysai; BedOfRoses; Asterisco; Rolands_Father; alinda; gunslinger19; R_of_G; CyberGhostface; NeedfulKings; To The Dark Tower Came; maerlyn; ATG; obscurejude

16 - The Talisman: ManOfWesternesse; Hannah; Rjeso; Matt; gguthrie; ZoNeSeeK; VolsToTheWall; Spencer; Patrick; Telynn; CrinVA; alinda; gunslinger19; TerribleT; ATG; obscurejude

13 - ‘Salem’s Lot: Chassit; funky dredd; Frunobulax; VolsToTheWall; Steve; chrismart83; RolandDerRevolvermann; BedOfRoses; Asterisco; Rolands_Father; phenol; TerribleT; maerlyn

11 - The Shining: Odetta; Randall Flagg; Steve; tamez; Cuthbert Allbad; ladysai; BedOfRoses; phenol; R_of_G; CyberGhostface; To The Dark Tower Came

11 - Black House: Darkthoughts; ManOfWesternesse; Ruki; Jean; MonteGss; All_Hail_The_Crimson_King; Tvmorbid; Storyslinger; Telynn; gunslinger19; Jon

11 - Pet Sematary: Odetta; Chassit; gguthrie; Randall Flagg; Daghain; Patrick; Asterisco; phenol; TerribleT; Ka-tet; ATG

10 - Eyes of the Dragon: Darkthoughts; Letti; Chassit; funky dredd; Matt; MonteGss; ZoNeSeeK; Storyslinger; Telynn; CyberGhostface

10 - The Long Walk: funky dredd; Matt; ManOfWesternesse; Daghain; VolsToTheWall; Jake Chambers; Ikilledthecrimsonking; R_of_G; NeedfulKings; ATG

9 - Hearts in Atlantis: Hannah; Ruki; tamez; chrismart83; Patrick; Asterisco; CyberGhostface; TerribleT; maerlyn

9 - The Green Mile: gguthrie; Daghain; CrinVA; flair; Ikilledthecrimsonking; Asterisco; Rolands_Father; gunslinger19; obscurejude

8 - Misery: Odetta; Jean; Daghain; Cuthbert Allbad; Ruthful; flair; NeedfulKings; Ka-tet

8 - Insomnia: Darkthoughts; ZoNeSeeK; Spencer; All_Hail_The_Crimson_King; alinda; CyberGhostface; To The Dark Tower Came; obscurejude

7 - The Dead Zone: Cuthbert Allbad; chrismart83; Patrick; Jake Chambers; MaraJShakespeare; Telynn; Ikilledthecrimsonking

5 - Bag of Bones: Hannah; Matt; CrinVA; All_Hail_The_Crimson_King; BedOfRoses

5 - Different Seasons: Hannah; Ruki; Patrick; ladysai; obscurejude

5 - Desperation: Jean; Cuthbert Allbad; Spencer; Tvmorbid; Storyslinger

4 - Carrie: Erin; Rolands_Father; phenol; maerlyn

3 - Dreamcatcher: Rjeso; Erin; flair

3 - Firestarter: Erin; MonteGss; ladysai

3 - Lisey’s Story: Darkthoughts; Steve; tamez

2 - Dolores Clayborne: Letti; alinda

2 - Skeleton Crew: Rjeso; Jake Chambers

2 - Needful Things: Erin; MaraJShakespeare

2 - Blaze: Storyslinger; RolandDerRevolvermann

2 - The Tommyknockers: To The Dark Tower Came; Jon

1 - Christine: Randall Flagg

1 - Night Shift: Odetta

1- Nightmares and Dreamscapes: Tvmorbid

1 - The Running Man: flair

1 - The Dark Half: Ikilledthecrimsonking

1 - Rage: alinda

1 - From a Buick 8: NeedfulKings

1 - The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon: Ka-tet

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

That's an awesome compilation, Jean.
    Nicely done.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a bit surprised Duma Key isn't up there somewhere. It definitely rates in my top 5:

1. The Stand (Uncut)
    2. Bag of Bones
    3. Dolores Claiborne
    4. Green Mile
    5. Duma Key

This list changes often for me, though, especially places 3 through 5. Other "nominees" include It, Insomnia, Salem's Lot. I go through stages where I want to reread certain ones.

John

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the ever attentive eye Jean.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

1. It
    2. Bag of Bones
    3. The Long Walk
    4. Duma Key
    5. The Shining
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

wow jean that must of took some time thank you

im sad nobody else picked the Darkhalf
    MACAIN FOR PRESIDENT

DONT VOTE HILARY

(SHES THE ANTICHRIST)

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is going to be very hard. So here goes:

1. The Shining
    2. The Stand
    3. The Dark Half
    4. Duma key
    5. Talisman

There are so many more I could list. But I won't.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast