Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 163 of 182 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 173 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    YIKES. Was it limited to the one book in the one place? Or were there issues with the other volumes?
    Vol 2 was the worst, there are other issues with pages not being separated by the trimming, but this all probably stems from the same cause, ie the binding not being glued correctly.
    Vol 1 also has one page that is skewed
    Vol 3 was fine.
    Sorry to hear that. I know what a joy it is to get these books that we've waited for and how it sucks when something is off or damaged. I'm sure they'll make it right. My copy hasn't dispatched yet. I'll be sure to give it a thorough look when I get it. Thank you for letting us know.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had a different issue with my copy: one of the books was stuck to the (inside of) the slipcase. Fortunately, I was able to remove it without any damage. Turned out the glue (used on the inside of the case) had not hardened yet.

sk

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

My copy arrived today.....unfortunately, it didn't fair well. The book was packed in a box not much bigger than the book itself not giving much room for error. The case corner and a corner of one of the books is crushed in.

Message already sent to PS.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Problems notwithstanding, it does look like a wonderful set. I agree with Kris about the artwork - nicest so far in the series.

Hopefully the issues are not widespread and can be resolved for the few that have them.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From a Camelot e-mail:

Dear Customers of Camelot,

Unfortunately we have had an absolute disaster regarding the posting of your copies of THE STAND. We decided to have all your copies sent direct from the printers to Camelot thinking that they would arrive faster and in good condition. Sadly only half of that came true. They arrived in good time but were so badly damaged that we are going to have to have replacement slipcases made and probably more books printed. You will eventually receive your copy of THE STAND in perfect condition but it will take time to get all the information together so that we know exactly what we need to replace.
    We really cannot apologise enough for this. Everyone involved in this will be working very hard to ensure that you don’t have to wait any longer than necessary.

Best wishes

Pete and Nicky Crowther
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like the printer didn't provide the best packing job.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Hold on guys, I got this.

Dear Paul Suntup,

It seems collectors are clamoring for a sweet sweet edition of The Stand (arguably King’s greatest work—I say arguably because people will argue). I’m sure this is something you can swing. Just let us know when it’ll be ready.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I would be the first to agree that “The Stand” is King’s finest work. Though it would be difficult to equal the signed limited and lettered which was produced by Doubleday in 1990.
    The Stephen King Anniversary Editions produced by PS Publishing have been extremely popular editions for collectors, the price also adding to that popularity.
    The lettered editions are a delight and I believe “The Stand” signed lettered will be a highly collectible book.
    It is unfortunate that Peter Crowther trusted the printer to ensure that the Anniversary editions were shipped quickly and safely. It seems that things have conspired to produce a very problematic situation for PS Publishing. I have absolute faith in Peter and Nicky to honour their commitment to all who have purchased these copies.
    I am an admirer of Paul’s work, purchasing every edition and state that he has produced. However, room in the collecting world for another signed Stand, even if King agreed to sign it, well I would be delighted but find it hard to believe the possibility.

Country
    Country Flag

I’m delighted to be getting the PS edition and the CD editions of The Stand. I’d be even more thrilled to add the Suntup Edition to that collection. In my opinion, I can’t have too many editions of that book. But I’m just being selfish.

Country
    Country Flag

Also I’d like to say, I feel for everyone at PS! Peter and Nicky are fantastic people and this just absolutely sucks for them and us.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

FYI for anyone who bought Revival through PS; I contacted them today and Nicky informed me (within half an hour, on a Saturday...) that their copies have not arrived yet.

So, in the words of Dory the Forgetful: "Just keep waiting, waiting, waiting!"

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I would be the first to agree that “The Stand” is King’s finest work. Though it would be difficult to equal the signed limited and lettered which was produced by Doubleday in 1990.
    The Stephen King Anniversary Editions produced by PS Publishing have been extremely popular editions for collectors, the price also adding to that popularity.
    The lettered editions are a delight and I believe “The Stand” signed lettered will be a highly collectible book.
    It is unfortunate that Peter Crowther trusted the printer to ensure that the Anniversary editions were shipped quickly and safely. It seems that things have conspired to produce a very problematic situation for PS Publishing. I have absolute faith in Peter and Nicky to honour their commitment to all who have purchased these copies.
    I am an admirer of Paul’s work, purchasing every edition and state that he has produced. However, room in the collecting world for another signed Stand, even if King agreed to sign it, well I would be delighted but find it hard to believe the possibility.
    I would love to be proven wrong, but I don’t see any signed/limiteds from King. Except the lettered PS books for along time! Pete has said more than once that his books are being done on a book by book deal with King. I feel lucky every time we get one! And I thank Tippy for convincing me to stay with the series after Carrie!

I certainly do NOT need another gift edition of the Stand! There are plenty of books to choose from!

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If they have to reprint - does that count as a second printing? Logically yes...

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

To set the record straight. There has never been a limited edition of "The Stand". The 1978 hardback, and the later 1980 paperback books are the only versions. All others are a different 1990 book which is titled, "The Stand: The Complete & Uncut Edition."

That said, PS Publishing called their new 3-book edition, "The Stand" on the front covers. Inside it does state, "The Stand: The Complete & Uncut Edition."

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So, is it only the books sent to Camelot that were damaged in shipping? Did the printers also send direct to other retailers like CD, and if so, were those received all right?

What about the binding issues? Will they be fixing these? Is it just a few isolated copies?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

For PS Stand lovers....maybe this will help "soothe the pain"

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    For PS Stand lovers....maybe this will help "soothe the pain"

This yours David?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Super cool art - every piece I have seen for this edition is fantastic.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a nice piece.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, how long did the PS Publishing edition of Dead Zone to sell out?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    So, how long did the PS Publishing edition of Dead Zone to sell out?
    It sold out within a day, i purchased one at the moment it came available for pre-order. 😉

I also have the three volume edition of The Stand.

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

Just talked to Dark Regions Press. Their copies of the Stand were also shipped from printer and were damaged. Waiting for replacements from PS Publishing.

Hopefully the wait will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    So, is it only the books sent to Camelot that were damaged in shipping? Did the printers also send direct to other retailers like CD, and if so, were those received all right?

What about the binding issues? Will they be fixing these? Is it just a few isolated copies?
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally :

"Finally, the good news is that our copies of REVIVAL by Stephen King from LetterPress have all arrived now. So we will be posting them out over the next couple of weeks."
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Finally!

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Finally :

"Finally, the good news is that our copies of REVIVAL by Stephen King from LetterPress have all arrived now. So we will be posting them out over the next couple of weeks."
    I think the USPS sent the boxes on the slowest ship, and that ship then had trouble finding England...

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 163 of 182 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 173 ... LastLast