Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 781 of 890 FirstFirst ... 281 681 731 771 779 780 781 782 783 791 831 881 ... LastLast
Results 19,501 to 19,525 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hate to be that guy... but Brian, do you suspect Fright of Flight letter to come this year? And if so... roughly when?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I hate to be that guy... but Brian, do you suspect Fright of Flight letter to come this year? And if so... roughly when?
    I don't have this on pre-order or anything but I've been absolutely dying to see the traycase/shell/box for this one

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    I don't have this on pre-order or anything but I've been absolutely dying to see the traycase/shell/box for this one
    MEEEEEE TOOOOO!~ I remember Richard and Bri saying how out of the box for CD it was going to be. I cannot wait to get it...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, Brian! Sent you an email with a couple of inquires a couple of days ago
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Ive been on a hiatus for awhile but this pissed me off enough to say something. So i guess 28 months wasnt enough lead time to get my SB folio to match my book? You know, generally i dont really pipe in about this kind of thing because its like beating a dead horse. Dan and Brian have always been helpful when they can but this is asinine. Yeah CD takes eons to publish books, Chizmar is off co-writing lackluster novels, making movies..generally doing everything but publish books(King books anyway). So with that, when there is a mistake..we expect it to be rectified. Good thing we have the maestro of customer relations Mindy at the helm and her peach of a personality. Oh, so i shouldve requested my number???? You sent out a couple emails reminding customers of this?? Dont know where my number is..sorry. If only I would have thought of that..Wait...i did. So Sep 2017, i requested it to match and it was confirmed. Oh..so now its not my fault...great. All the apologies and $20 credit in the world is not going to make this right. Do better CD..you guys get a fuckton of slack from this community due to the King fandom
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

All we are waiting on is for one person to sign the sheets, so I am hopeful. I actually just reminded Richard earlier today to text or email that guy about the sheets, ha. Are you hiding behind me at my desk again?

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Confirmed, I see it! Still digging out from a deluge of post-holiday emails, but I will try to answer today. Thanks!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Confirmed, I see it! Still digging out from a deluge of post-holiday emails, but I will try to answer today. Thanks!

Brian
    Thanks to you
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Ive been on a hiatus for awhile but this pissed me off enough to say something. So i guess 28 months wasnt enough lead time to get my SB folio to match my book? You know, generally i dont really pipe in about this kind of thing because its like beating a dead horse. Dan and Brian have always been helpful when they can but this is asinine. Yeah CD takes eons to publish books, Chizmar is off co-writing lackluster novels, making movies..generally doing everything but publish books(King books anyway). So with that, when there is a mistake..we expect it to be rectified. Good thing we have the maestro of customer relations Mindy at the helm and her peach of a personality. Oh, so i shouldve requested my number???? You sent out a couple emails reminding customers of this?? Dont know where my number is..sorry. If only I would have thought of that..Wait...i did. So Sep 2017, i requested it to match and it was confirmed. Oh..so now its not my fault...great. All the apologies and $20 credit in the world is not going to make this right. Do better CD..you guys get a fuckton of slack from this community due to the King fandom
    Ok so this is a lot. We don't automatically match numbers (we never have). Something was missed with your particular order (mistakes happen). Back in 2017 you were told we were matching numbers and that "match book" or whatever just got missed on your order. That's our bad and mistakes like this happen and we typically try to cover our bases. We did this back in September of 2019 when we knew these portfolios were coming in shortly.

We sent an email out to everyone who had a Sleeping Beauties artwork portfolio on order. The email severed as a production update and it asked everyone who had a portfolio and a a limited edition book on order to email Mindy your book number so we could make sure to match your portfolio. Here's the text about numbers from that email.

1) Emailed Mindy your book number IF you bought the Limited Edition book and want your portfolio to have the same number. The best way to do this is to
    reply to your original order confirmation email for the Artwork Portfolio, but
    you can also reply to this email, just be sure to include your full name and
    the number that is on your book¹s signature sheet!
    This was sent on September 27th, 2019 and was titled "Sleeping Beauties Artwork Portfolio Update"

At the end of the day we made a mistake. Your portfolio order should have been marked "match book", it wasn't. I even personally tried to find everyone who had both a book and a portfolio on order, but it's a manual process and it's really easy to miss people. But we did ask everyone (recently) to email us their number if they wanted their portfolios to match.

I'm sorry you didn't get your number, that sucks, but I can't really do anything about it at this point other than say sorry.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

For the record mine was wrong to, but I got lucky and they still have my number, even though I requested it to match as well. Now I have to pay to ship back the wrong one to get the right one. It’s more than slightly annoying at this point.

Good thing we have the maestro of customer relations Mindy at the helm and her peach
    Chad,

Since Mindy isn't here, I thought I would share her reply to you, so everyone can judge for themselves:

I'm terribly terribly sorry. We always require folks to email us their number... for all of the DOubleday SK books, etc.. folks have to email us... AND we send that email out to folks reminding them to tell us their number to match. I'm afraid I don't have an explanation for you. I'm going to put $20 in your CD account to try lessen the pain but I know not having them matching can't be made up for.. SORRY.
    Best,
    Brian

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Ok so this is a lot. We don't automatically match numbers (we never have). Something was missed with your particular order (mistakes happen). Back in 2017 you were told we were matching numbers and that "match book" or whatever just got missed on your order. That's our bad and mistakes like this happen and we typically try to cover our bases. We did this back in September of 2019 when we knew these portfolios were coming in shortly.

We sent an email out to everyone who had a Sleeping Beauties artwork portfolio on order. The email severed as a production update and it asked everyone who had a portfolio and a a limited edition book on order to email Mindy your book number so we could make sure to match your portfolio. Here's the text about numbers from that email.

1) Emailed Mindy your book number IF you bought the Limited Edition book and want your portfolio to have the same number. The best way to do this is to
    reply to your original order confirmation email for the Artwork Portfolio, but
    you can also reply to this email, just be sure to include your full name and
    the number that is on your book¹s signature sheet!
    This was sent on September 27th, 2019 and was titled "Sleeping Beauties Artwork Portfolio Update"

At the end of the day we made a mistake. Your portfolio order should have been marked "match book", it wasn't. I even personally tried to find everyone who had both a book and a portfolio on order, but it's a manual process and it's really easy to miss people. But we did ask everyone (recently) to email us their number if they wanted their portfolios to match.

I'm sorry you didn't get your number, that sucks, but I can't really do anything about it at this point other than say sorry.
    Yeah i get all that..i didnt pay attention to the production update(if I received it) because i didnt care about where we were in the process.That can be my fault..thats fine. We pay for stuff then wait years..it is what it is. I had requested my specific number in 2017 and got a response of "were matching them!"so figured I was good. Your apology is fine but not needed(as I dont have a problem with you). The problem is when there is a mistake, that your customer service rep/email responder's first step is to try and blame the customer...literally happens everytime. Maybe she doesnt notice it..or you dont..but the customers do. I dont need any passive aggressive nonsense or bs...i dont need the sense of being "inconvenienced" to be conveyed to me..That shit gets old and I would imagine it deteriorates some of the good will that you and Brian build up here.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Good thing we have the maestro of customer relations Mindy at the helm and her peach
    Chad,

Since Mindy isn't here, I thought I would share her reply to you, so everyone can judge for themselves:

I'm terribly terribly sorry. We always require folks to email us their number... for all of the DOubleday SK books, etc.. folks have to email us... AND we send that email out to folks reminding them to tell us their number to match. I'm afraid I don't have an explanation for you. I'm going to put $20 in your CD account to try lessen the pain but I know not having them matching can't be made up for.. SORRY.
    Best,
    Brian
    Yeah that was the second reply ...

Here is the first

"Chad, ugh, sorry, you had to request to match numbers on the folios. We had sent an email (or two) to folks reminding them and to email me with matching number request if they had one... that was in October or November, before we started shipping them. I'm so sorry you missed that. We always state this for any of our titles or series that need to be matched that folks have to email us. I'm afraid that number is gone and we don't know who has it... I'm so sorry."

Thanks, ~MINDY

whatever, dude.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    For the record mine was wrong to, but I got lucky and they still have my number, even though I requested it to match as well. Now I have to pay to ship back the wrong one to get the right one. It’s more than slightly annoying at this point.
    Mine too.

I haven't wanted to deal with it but I should probably email Mindy and see if my matching number is available...

EDIT: I should add that I made my request at the beginning when I ordered and I also did not reply to the September email because between CD and the other small presses I buy from I don't look at every "XYZ Project Update" unless it says something like "response required". I did send an email about a week or so before mine shipped with my request again but the number might have shipped out at that point.

whatever, dude.
    I guess I don't see what's wrong with her original reply either. "I'm so sorry" wasn't enough of an apology? Is that what you mean?

We DID ask everyone in September 2019 to confirm their number. Did you reply then with your number?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    EDIT: I should add that I made my request at the beginning when I ordered and I also did not reply to the September email because between CD and the other small presses I buy from I don't look at every "XYZ Project Update" unless it says something like "response required". I did send an email about a week or so before mine shipped with my request again but the number might have shipped out at that point.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to add something like "Response Required" on future reminders of this nature.

Brian

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

enough of an apology? Get the fuck outta here with that, man. Like I have said, i requested my matching number in Sep 2017..and was confirmed. I thought that was good enough(apparently I was wrong). My problem lies with the "SOL" type of reply about how i shouldve requested the number...well no shit, I did. As I have also said, i did not re-request my number a second time in Sep as I didnt see the email etc. PS: If you think Im alone in my feelings about your customer service..you are mistaken

Get the fuck outta here with that, man.
    Between this and the casual sexism, you seem nice, Chad.

Brian

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Get the fuck outta here with that, man.
    Between this and the casual sexism, you seem nice, Chad.

Brian
    Really? LOL. Sure..sexism. Yep, im an asshole because you fucked up, im upset about it, and sharing how your customer service lacks. Cheers man

By the way, I'm 100% sympathetic about concerns people have about delays and to people being upset when mistakes are made. We try to make things right whenever we can. We've gone as far as to email everyone who bought a book to try to find out who got someone else's number and then made them a nice deal to trade it. And I probably would have been happy to do this here for you, Chad.

best,
    Brian

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

By the way, I'm 100% sympathetic about concerns people have about delays and to people being upset when mistakes are made. We try to make things right whenever we can. We've gone as far as to email everyone who bought a book to try to find out who got someone else's number and then made them a nice deal to trade it. And I probably would have been happy to do this here for you, Chad.

best,
    Brian
    No, no no..you dont get to play the sympathetic card now..the ol "i wouldve helped you but you went public with your concerns" bullshit. After accusing me of sexism because I say that Mindy is bad at customer relations? Thats bushleague

Really? LOL. Sure..sexism. Yep, im an asshole because you fucked up, im upset about it, and sharing how your customer service lacks. Cheers man
    I think everyone who has read this thread knows how I try to help upset customers. If I'm replying to you any differently, there might be a reason for that... and your posts might be making it clear what that difference is. Please feel free to email me when you're over the irrational anger you're projecting, and I'll be happy to see what I can do to help.

Brian

No, no no..you dont get to play the sympathetic card now..the ol "i wouldve helped you but you went public with your concerns" bullshit. After accusing me of sexism because I say that Mindy is bad at customer relations? Thats bushleague
    Chad,

I've helped LOTS of people who "went public" here with their concerns. Usually, they aren't as caustic as you were with your "peach" comment or your slagging on Rich for his "lackluster novels," but I've always gone out of my way to help anyone I can. I'm still happy to help you, but I don't think your posts are really doing you any favors. Just my two cents based on how I personally approach things when a company has "fucked up." Your milage may vary.

Brian

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I think everyone who has read this thread knows how I try to help upset customers. If I'm replying to you any differently, there might be a reason for that... and your posts might be making it clear what that difference is. Please feel free to email me when you're over the irrational anger you're projecting, and I'll be happy to see what I can do to help.

Brian
    Nah..im good

I was only making a point. Your responses have done more than enough

By the way, if anyone else feels my responses are out of line, please feel free to let me know. Maybe I'm taking this too personally because I've read all of the emails that led to this conversation, etc. Always happy to receive feedback.

Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 781 of 890 FirstFirst ... 281 681 731 771 779 780 781 782 783 791 831 881 ... LastLast