Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 292 of 344 FirstFirst ... 192 242 282 290 291 292 293 294 302 342 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,300 of 8585

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

NOT for sale but I have Letter SS...looked for 20 years until I found one from consignee who is a member here.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Question: why is this book so elusive and valuable?

Is it because of the collection of signatures? I can't quite tell from the pictures how nice the leather and other qualities are.

From what little I've experienced, and from a lot of what I've seen here, the collections with King in them aren't generally as popular or desirable as the really nice editions of his solo work. And again, I can't tell the quality of the production from those pictures, but this doesn't look as nice as the numbered Sub Press The Green Mile, or some of the other King lettered editions that fetch $2500+. And this has a limitation of 52 and not 26.

Not trying to downplay the book at all but genuinely curious why it's at this level of pricing

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Well lost the lettered Legends Anyone have one? OR a numbered version???
    $2681.

I would have guessed higher? What did you think, Kris?

looking for: NOS4A2 (sub press)
    Dead Zone 1st/1st, Boy's Life S/L
    I was thinking $2500 or less. It shocked me and I didn’t have any higher bid! Thus I lost. I don’t get that desire but it’s a big one for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

totally valid question, but not always a simple answer.
    for me, VALUE = QUANTITY/DEMAND x CONDITION

Quality and aesthetic of book are a function of demand but not always the only driving factor. the production of this one is nice but nothing spectacular. i believe that in this case the content is driving the demand and the quantity is relatively limited so value goes up. sometimes i loose sight that collectors collect other than King. not only does this have a King, Dark Tower story, but it collects unpublished tales from a lot of other desirable series - including Fire and Ice so lots of different collectors want it.
    youre right that anthologies usually are less valuable (sometime undeservedly so) but i think this one will hold its value.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

Is it because of the collection of signatures? I can't quite tell from the pictures how nice the leather and other qualities are.

From what little I've experienced, and from a lot of what I've seen here, the collections with King in them aren't generally as popular or desirable as the really nice editions of his solo work. And again, I can't tell the quality of the production from those pictures, but this doesn't look as nice as the numbered Sub Press The Green Mile, or some of the other King lettered editions that fetch $2500+. And this has a limitation of 52 and not 26.

Not trying to downplay the book at all but genuinely curious why it's at this level of pricing
    The answer: The Dark Tower! Legends is First appearance of Little Sisters of Eluria.

looking for: NOS4A2 (sub press)
    Dead Zone 1st/1st, Boy's Life S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

It's all because of the content. I know George R. R. Martin fans that bought it, Terry Pratchett fans, Ursula Leguin, it's an all star anthology that draws a lot of different collectors.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post

It's all because of the content. I know George R. R. Martin fans that bought it, Terry Pratchett fans, Ursula Leguin, it's an all star anthology that draws a lot of different collectors.

I agree. The lettered is very elusive as it's one of a very few King signed books that was never sold to the public.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great question and great answers......I (am biased I know) tend to see it as Dark Tower 1st appearance of LSOE....Book itself and slipcase not such great shakes (definitely inferior to other S/Ls and Lettereds). So for me, a DT junkie, it was something I sought to own.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ahhhhh...

Thanks for the responses everyone!

What I'm reading is that

(a) It's an important part of the King canon because of the Dark Tower connection.

(b) But it's also an important part of the canon for lots of other popular authors, who wrote stories related to their various epic works.

(c) And it was never released to the public.

This all makes good sense and fits together very nicely!

Because of (a), it's going to be more highly desired than other collections that King contributed to. Because of (b), people other than King collectors are going to be looking for it also. And because of (c), collectors have always had to find copies on the secondary market, so when it appears it's going to be fought over.

Thanks for the education

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

First appearance of LSoE was in the trade edition of Legends. It was released in August '98, two months before the limited edition.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    First appearance of LSoE was in the trade edition of Legends. It was released in August '98, two months before the limited edition.
    Yes accurate! Is why I have a King signed TOR Legends 1st as well!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just supply and demand. Like David said he waited 20 years to get it. I do not have it but then again I would never pay $1000 for an anthology.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Not just King fans would want this book. People who have no interest in King at all would pay real money for this edition. This was a phenomenal collection of the most successful fantasy authors of the time - many of whom are no longer with us.

Having all their signatures on one page in a collection of amazing stories would be a dream of many fantasy readers.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I only have the crappy numbered version. It's not a great book.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That's the best "crappy" book I've ever seen!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Really cool crap. Love it
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking for Firestarter S/L with a July 8th signing date. Anyone?

Also looking for Colorado Kid #137/150, Potter version.
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

On the lookout for a copy of THE RAFT chapbook - the Gallery magazine isn't essential.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Does anyone in the US have an extra copy of the Hodder and Stoughton edition of Gwendy’s Button Box that they would be willing to part with?
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Signed or inscribed Cujo 1st but with the Madison address.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

A first would have the Madison address.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I agree. However you would be surprised how many people don’t know this Brian. Like shocked lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. However you would be surprised how many people don’t know this Brian. Like shocked lol

I wouldn't be surprised. I bought ~sixty of these for DR. I'd ask about the address and a lot of sellers would respond that "First published in 1981 by The Viking Press" is on the copyright page. I'd say, "That's nice, but is the address 625 Madison Avenue?" They'd tell me that the first published statement is a first edition point. I'd agree and tell them I'm not only looking for first editions but first printings which must have the Madison address.

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't be surprised. I bought ~sixty of these for DR. I'd ask about the address and a lot of sellers would respond that "First published in 1981 by The Viking Press" is on the copyright page. I'd say, "That's nice, but is the address 625 Madison Avenue?" They'd tell me that the first published statement is a first edition point. I'd agree and tell them I'm not only looking for first editions but first printings which must have the Madison address.
    Oh right! I bet you ran into that a LOT during that search. It’s crazy how many collectors don’t know.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Oh right! I bet you ran into that a LOT during that search. It’s crazy how many collectors don’t know.

A lot of booksellers would take offense. They'd list their bona fides as booksellers to "prove" they knew what they were talking about. Occasionally one would thank me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 292 of 344 FirstFirst ... 192 242 282 290 291 292 293 294 302 342 ... LastLast