Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 307 of 332 FirstFirst ... 207 257 297 305 306 307 308 309 317 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,675 of 8284

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan565 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    First world problems and all that but I was a little frustrated at a recent signing where Hill would only sign Full Throttle and for anything else you would have to go to back of the line afterwards. Usually it's just "I'll sign 2-3 of whatever and then you go to the back of the line" to prevent someone from bringing twelve books or something. He would sign up to three copies of Full Throttle upfront so it wasn't a time issue either. Maybe it was a publisher request or the store trying to sell more copies. I only brought one other book and a comic but it was getting late so I just left.
    You could still get your other items done, you just needed to have a copy of the new book at first to get in the line. That is pretty standard for most book signings that I have ever done. After all, the author and the bookstore want to sell the new book. Joe took care of the rest of the items at the end of the signing. Still a nice guy.
    This is news to me, the sign and the workers all indicated if you wanted anything *but* Throttle signed you would have to go to the end of the line after he signed it. I’ve been to several of his signings and this was the first time this happened. I wasn’t blaming Joe, though.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan565 View Post
    First world problems and all that but I was a little frustrated at a recent signing where Hill would only sign Full Throttle and for anything else you would have to go to back of the line afterwards. Usually it's just "I'll sign 2-3 of whatever and then you go to the back of the line" to prevent someone from bringing twelve books or something. He would sign up to three copies of Full Throttle upfront so it wasn't a time issue either. Maybe it was a publisher request or the store trying to sell more copies. I only brought one other book and a comic but it was getting late so I just left.
    You could still get your other items done, you just needed to have a copy of the new book at first to get in the line. That is pretty standard for most book signings that I have ever done. After all, the author and the bookstore want to sell the new book. Joe took care of the rest of the items at the end of the signing. Still a nice guy.
    This is news to me, the sign and the workers all indicated if you wanted anything *but* Throttle signed you would have to go to the end of the line after he signed it. I’ve been to several of his signings and this was the first time this happened. I wasn’t blaming Joe, though.

I was watching from the beginning to the end. Most people put throttle on top and the other two underneath. But you are right. That was the worker’s narrative. Joe did not care! And I know you were not blaming joe. But if you did not have throttle. One worker was telling people to go to end of line

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I was at the Nashua NH event. I was also confused by the wording of 3 books signed, but I only brought 2 other books with me and he graciously signed the other 2 right after signing Full Throttle. The way it was worded by the woman working there did make it sound like you could only get Full Throttle signed, but people in front of me were giving him other books so I did the same. Plus I was near the front and had he chose not to sign it I would have most likely left with just Full Throttle.

As for the event, I thought Joe was highly entertaining. I loved hearing his stories. There were tons of people there, the most out of any of his events that I've been to in the past. Maybe he's just becoming more popular though. The first event I went to was for Horns, and there were probably about 30-40 people there? I'm not sure how many were at this one but the place was packed. I felt so bad for all the people that got stuck standing, and I was surprised they didn't have more chairs for everyone considering there was a lot of room to put some out. Maybe they just weren't used to hosting such a big event.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw Joe in Bangor on the 24th of Oct. This was about the 5th time maybe? Same stories, different venue but always a good time. I had Full Throttle inscribed and my Horns AGE. I wanted a doodle in Horns but I think he was tired and since he didn't offer it up, I didn't ask. This was my friends first time seeing him and she has a daughter named Harper so I told her she should get a copy of The Fireman and have it inscribed to Harper. He doodled the phoenix in it for her, it was cute. For my Full Throttle I asked him to inscribe the line from Late Returns about reading books being like trying on other people's lives. I had it in my head all week and when I finally got up there drew a total blank on it. It finally came to me. Lol. I also asked him about the original ending to NOS4A2 since he told the story about it and his mom at the King/Hill event. I actually liked it better than how he decided to end it but I didn't tell him that
    For those that want to know(SPOILERS if you haven't read it yet!) he was going to have Wayne come into the bedroom holding a knife with a creepy Christmasland grin on his face, sit down on the bed next to Lou and say Merry Christmas. The End. I'm not telling it as good as he did but that's the gist. How creepy would that have been!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for that info. I was curious as to the different ended that he mentioned in Boston, I like it.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah that's the alternate ending in the Subterranean Press edition. The story is he was committed to including that until Tabitha told him to change it.

It's an interesting idea but it reminds me of King's story about the original ending to Misery when it was just a novella where Annie kills Paul and binds the novel with his skin. As King says, it's one thing to end a novella like that it's another to have the reader committed to seeing a character through over the course of a full novel and pull the rug up from them like that. I think having a huge novel like NOS4A2 ending on such a grim note with all of Vic's sacrifice being for naught would have been like that.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Would love some help:

1. Am I correct that Heart Shaped, Fireman, Strange Weather,and Full Throttle are the only Hill S/L Gollancz Editions?

2. Who is the master, the resident expert on Joe Hill at TDT.org? Do not be shy if it is you!

Thx

looking for: The Terror S/L,
    Dead Zone 1st/1st F or NF, Boy's Life S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

MarcoL has my vote for resident Hill expert. Here is his web site... http://www.joehillbibliography.com/
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    MarcoL has my vote for resident Hill expert. Here is here web site... http://www.joehillbibliography.com/
    Looks like a good site to bookmark. Thanks, Brian.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

MarcoL has my vote for resident Hill expert. Here is his web site... http://www.joehillbibliography.com/
    Thanks for the shout out! Much appreciated
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Question for those the US who ordered the Goldsboro UK signed edition of Full Throttle: do you have it yet?

I ordered it back in August, and got an immediate "Order Processing" email, but nothing since then. No shipping notice, no book.

Am I alone?

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Question for those the US who ordered the Goldsboro UK signed edition of Full Throttle: do you have it yet?

I ordered it back in August, and got an immediate "Order Processing" email, but nothing since then. No shipping notice, no book.

Am I alone?

HBJ
    I received an email asking me to verify my address but that was weeks ago. Nothing as of yet.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Am I alone?

HBJ
    I received an email asking me to verify my address but that was weeks ago. Nothing as of yet.
    It seems to me that the address verification should be followed by a timely shipping of the item. If it takes weeks, the address could potentially change.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Am I alone?

HBJ
    It seems to me that the address verification should be followed by a timely shipping of the item. If it takes weeks, the address could potentially change.
    Agreed. I should probably email them and check on the status.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I emailed them yesterday and have received no response. Got Joe Hill book and another and my order is a month old and just says processed. Not happy with their crappy service.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I received my goldsboro full throttle last week sometime (153/250) - so might still by in transit for others
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I picked up the Goldsboro Fireman, but I missed out on their Full Throttle, I don't know why I didn't think to search for it. Love the embossed page they've added. I wonder what the resale on them will be?

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

They did email me back and said it is on the way. No tracking number but at least I got a response.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    They did email me back and said it is on the way. No tracking number but at least I got a response.
    That's good to know. I haven't had any trouble with them in the past and they always package well. I wonder if there was a hiccup somewhere along the way.

Country
    Country Flag

Excited and wanted to share!

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Very cool! That’s a nice (and impressively large) edition!

By the way, my Goldsboro Full Throttle arrived today. So no drama.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool! That’s a nice (and impressively large) edition!

By the way, my Goldsboro Full Throttle arrived today. So no drama.
    Thing is a monster. Love the texture of the jacket too (different).

Congrats on your Full Throttle. If you did not get it already J. Whilley has a cool slip for it too (note: I do not make a penny by mentioning it)

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Country
    Country Flag

The Goldsboro edition, if I'm remembering correctly, is slipcased.

That edition of NOS4A2 is a beast! Congrats!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yea that NOS4A2 is one beautiful book. It is on my want list to obtain next year.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

The Goldsboro edition, if I'm remembering correctly, is slipcased.

That edition of NOS4A2 is a beast! Congrats!
    It is not, unfortunately.

And thanks a lot, Brian. It is bigger than I thought. Well done too.

looking for: NOS4A2 (sub press)
    Dead Zone 1st/1st, Boy's Life S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246

+ Reply to Thread
Page 307 of 332 FirstFirst ... 207 257 297 305 306 307 308 309 317 ... LastLast