Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 403 of 430 FirstFirst ... 303 353 393 401 402 403 404 405 413 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,075 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

Along the Path of the Beam Eternal Unity will become famous soon enough Eternal Unity will become famous soon enough Eternal Unity's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ratchet41 View Post
    that's true but to be fair he was a lot more impatient than i was lol
    Probably.

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

let me know when you can post on here so we can talk on a different thread if you'd like

Along the Path of the Beam Eternal Unity will become famous soon enough Eternal Unity will become famous soon enough Eternal Unity's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

let me know when you can post on here so we can talk on a different thread if you'd like
    Sure, ratchet.
    I am surfing the wiki in the meantime...

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

i'm off to bed anyways as it's quite late/early after 4 am here so nite and nice meeting you sai

Country
    Country Flag

i'm off to bed anyways as it's quite late/early after 4 am here so nite and nice meeting you sai
    Same here, Man!
    Good night.

Traveler Spottedfeather will become famous soon enough Spottedfeather will become famous soon enough

Been a huge King fan for years. Mainly because of the tv movies made from his stories. Especially Langoliers, Christine, and the miniseries Rose Red.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spottedfeather View Post
    Been a huge King fan for years. Mainly because of the tv movies made from his stories. Especially Langoliers, Christine, and the miniseries Rose Red.
    Welcome! I enjoyed Christine as well. Although, I'm hoping someone will do an adaption someday closer to the source material.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

yes welcome and if they don't change it too much like they did with IT and follow the book more rather than invent their own shit and it's in the right hands i'm okay with that.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome and enjoy the knowledge and freindship
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Along the Path of the Beam The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by willybusmc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Antiquarian View Post
    Hello! I have been a collector of Tolkien books and classical economics books (1780 ~ 1850) for some time and I've just recently jumped into the world of collecting limited/lettered editions of King and GRRM!
    Hello hello! I'm curious about your previous collecting habits. Why "classical economics books"? No judgment, only curiosity. Why that topic, why those years?
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Antiquarian View Post
    Hello! I have been a collector of Tolkien books and classical economics books (1780 ~ 1850) for some time and I've just recently jumped into the world of collecting limited/lettered editions of King and GRRM!
    Welcome! Welcome to the King Universe. Have to know how someone got into Classical Economics books from 1780-1850?
    Thank you for the warm greetings!

I am an accountant and consultant by trades and as such, when I first decided to collect books, rare economics books naturally appealed to me. There are thousands of books on economics, but the great schism/debate between Malthus and Ricardo peaked my interest the most, so I started my collection from around those two pantheons of classical economics!

After collecting those for some time, I decided to collect works that I enjoy the most (reading) and now, I am dedicating my fervor on all things Tolkien and GRRM (and perhaps, King since some of the books carry great works from both authors)!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Ratchet and the Antique one!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

thank you for the nice warm welcome

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello, joined this weekend. Started collecting signed/limited books last year. My main focus on collecting are Robin Hobb and Steven Erikson. In my search I found this community. I was introduced to King books as a teenager through a paperback of The Shining which I read on a vacation to France and caused me sleepless nights until I was back home. My first experience of the power a book can have.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome NiceM
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

thanks

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    Hello, joined this weekend. Started collecting signed/limited books last year. My main focus on collecting are Robin Hobb and Steven Erikson. In my search I found this community. I was introduced to King books as a teenager through a paperback of The Shining which I read on a vacation to France and caused me sleepless nights until I was back home. My first experience of the power a book can have.
    Welcome!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, NiceM! Can you let us know your favorite Hobb and Erikson work? Curious.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, NiceM! Can you let us know your favorite Hobb and Erikson work? Curious.
    For Hobb I’d have to choose beteren the original trilogy and Liveship trilogy. I’m a sucker for wolves so the Farseer trilogy wins.
    With Erikson it would be Memories of Ice. Currently re-reading so that could shift...

What about yourself?

M
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For Hobb I’d have to choose beteren the original trilogy and Liveship trilogy. I’m a sucker for wolves so the Farseer trilogy wins.
    With Erikson it would be Memories of Ice. Currently re-reading so that could shift...

What about yourself?

M
    I knew very little about both and never read them. So thanks for the recommendations. I will put them on my long list of TO-Reads.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME, Nice!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler Sass will become famous soon enough Sass will become famous soon enough Sass's Avatar

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

To make a long story short I only JUST finished Wizard and Glass, my father is super into stephen king n I have been FORCED to read every single book of his in chrolological order so Im a bit behind I guess !!

Who is your favorite character?

Cuthbert? Alain? Roland? I love them so much....

What is your favorite book?

Currently Wizard and Glass but since I just finished it I might be biased!!

How old are you?

21!!

Where are you from?

Pennsylvania, halfway between Pittsburgh and Erie!

do you have a nickname?

Sass is fine!

how did you find this site?

I was looking up high speech words and found the encyclopedia!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Sass!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Sass
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Sass, enjoy. This place is wonderful
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sass View Post
    How did you discover the Dark Tower?

To make a long story short I only JUST finished Wizard and Glass, my father is super into stephen king n I have been FORCED to read every single book of his in chrolological order so Im a bit behind I guess !!

Who is your favorite character?

Cuthbert? Alain? Roland? I love them so much....

What is your favorite book?

Currently Wizard and Glass but since I just finished it I might be biased!!

How old are you?

21!!

Where are you from?

Pennsylvania, halfway between Pittsburgh and Erie!

do you have a nickname?

Sass is fine!

how did you find this site?

I was looking up high speech words and found the encyclopedia!!!
    21 year old King Fan! Bless your Dad for being overbearing and cruel. Sick man! Ha! Always exciting to see a young King fan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 403 of 430 FirstFirst ... 303 353 393 401 402 403 404 405 413 ... LastLast