Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 109 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    WOW! That is one fine looking book. Congrats once again, on joining the club and scoring that bonus ARC!
    Thanks again Peter. We know what's next but after that, who knows. What I do know is that it will be in my collection.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well deserved, Mike! Very happy for you! Got mine yesterday as well and it is amazing.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Well deserved, Mike! Very happy for you! Got mine yesterday as well and it is amazing.
    Thanks Brian. Once Paul has you, you are in for life. I am so excited to see what the future holds.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Thanks Brian. Once Paul has you, you are in for life. I am so excited to see what the future holds.
    No doubt, my friend. No doubt.......
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lovely edition - and the endpapers! Congrats man...

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Thanks Antoni. It does look great in person. I know I presented a list earlier. Now I am wondering if it's possible. David said that it took him years to get F\F copies.
    I don't know if I can (want) to wait years. If someone had an extra DJ for a F\F Carrie and someone could tell me how I can fix my Nightshift, I might consider that.
    I need to removes stains from my front and back boards of my NS. I can tell the post tomorrow. Look for more info then.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Thanks Antoni. It does look great in person. I know I presented a list earlier. Now I am wondering if it's possible. David said that it took him years to get F\F copies.
    I don't know if I can (want) to wait years. If someone had an extra DJ for a F\F Carrie and someone could tell me how I can fix my Nightshift, I might consider that.
    I need to removes stains from my front and back boards of my NS. I can tell the post tomorrow. Look for more info then.
    It took me 7 years to find a FINE Carrie. And it was not cheap... I would tend to agree with David my man. Good luck in your quest!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

I hear you Kris. I guess I started too late. I may not be able to get all I want. Oh well. At least I have something.

My Mood
    Cool

Well, it took me 6 years but I am done Wizard and Glass. It took that long for a number of reasons. But know I hope I can move more quickly through the remaining books. Assuming I just try to finish them off without a break of another book in between. It's now a real quest like Roland is on.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, it took me 6 years but I am done Wizard and Glass. It took that long for a number of reasons. But know I hope I can move more quickly through the remaining books. Assuming I just try to finish them off without a break of another book in between. It's now a real quest like Roland is on.
    6 years!!!!!!!!!! WOW man.. why?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Well I started it, and I just had a hard time getting into it. Then I just put it down for a while. Then when they started the flashbacks, in the first vol(I have the S\L), I became really confused and I put it down for a long time. Then I got hurt (I was out of work and had rehab for almost a year) and I was no mood to read anything. Plus, I know it's sacrilege but I like watching TV so that took up some time. But then I decided to just try and finish it up. It started to really get good in the second half (even the flashback story got better and I started to read it more.) Then once the flash back was over I just plowed through it. I loved the Castle and the Wizard at the end. I know it took way too long but the ending was really good and it put me in the mood to really start Wolves. I will probably start tonight and I have a feeling it won't take as long.

Country
    Country Flag

Well I started it, and I just had a hard time getting into it. Then I just put it down for a while. Then when they started the flashbacks, in the first vol(I have the S\L), I became really confused and I put it down for a long time. Then I got hurt (I was out of work and had rehab for almost a year) and I was no mood to read anything. Plus, I know it's sacrilege but I like watching TV so that took up some time. But then I decided to just try and finish it up. It started to really get good in the second half (even the flashback story got better and I started to read it more.) Then once the flash back was over I just plowed through it. I loved the Castle and the Wizard at the end. I know it took way too long but the ending was really good and it put me in the mood to really start Wolves. I will probably start tonight and I have a feeling it won't take as long.
    6 years though. Man that is a LONG time.. 6 months I could understand. I think it would be hard to remember what you read last. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

It was a little. But let's say I stopped on page 223. I would go back to page 220 and start from there and I would be like "oh, that's right, that's what happened'. I admit it's kind of embarrassing it took so long . That's why Wolves won't. Wolves is still a long book, 736 pages. But I will do my best to not be so slow to finish it.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Mike, great that you're getting them read though. And I envy you reading them for the first time.

I can understand the long timeframe, too. Life gets in the way, and some books require undivided attention. I have a few unfinished but undiscarded books like that.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cool

Yea Peter. It just happened to go like that. But now I back into it. Hopefully I can get it done because there are still non-DT books I need to read.

My Mood
    Cool

I am feeling pretty down right now. Through talking with somebody on the forum, and my own search, I think my Nightshift inscribed book is a library book. Go to page 2 of my thread and then look here
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/6421846...ardcover-first
    Look at pic 7 and 8 and then look at my book. It's the same kind of stain. F#!&. Even though it's inscribed, I am sure it really lowers the value to probably under $1,000. Dammit. So now I have to try and hunt for a non-library book. I am still keeping it because it is signed and inscribed but I am really upset about this.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You are freaking out for no good reason. The book you have is the book you have. The condition is what it is. Fretting that it may have been a library copy doesn't change the condition (and IMO the value).

My Mood
    Cool

Your right Randall. I have thought about and I am fine with it. I don't even know what the value is of it now. But I am over being upset. I am still looking for the other Double Day books though. And if I can get those stains cleaned, I will feel even better about it. But I an no longer in freak out mode.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A professional book restorer could replace the endpapers. Then you might fret about the alteration. Leave well enough alone and enjoy the book. It's still quite valuable.

Country
    Country Flag

Your right Randall. I have thought about and I am fine with it. I don't even know what the value is of it now. But I am over being upset. I am still looking for the other Double Day books though. And if I can get those stains cleaned, I will feel even better about it. But I an no longer in freak out mode.
    More importantly, how valuable it is to you is really all that matters.

My Mood
    Cool

It's valuable to me. I was just down because I thought I had something that I did not that's all. I will leave it as it is. Library or not, it still has a great DJ, great spine and it's inscribed with no other stamps or other markings. I will leave it as is.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I had similar issues. I think I started it around the year it came out, but when I got to the flashbacks I lost interest, and eventually put it down. Also had issues getting through Insomnia, so I eventually started reading other authors and didn't pick up these books again until circa 2002. I'm not sure, but I think I had to restart from the beginning. I was all caught up on SK books when W&G came out, but due to the 8+ year hiatus or so on SK, I just finally caught back up about a month ago.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I must admit I also found Insomnia a bit of a struggle to get through on first reading. I'd recommend the audiobook narrated by Eli Wallach, though. A fantastic performance, and really brings the book to life. It's now one of my favorites.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cool

Well, I like Wolves so far so hopefully it won't take that long. I am not caught up at all. I still have a ton to read to be %100 caught up for King books. I hope to move quicker this year though.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I thought I was behind with not having read THE OUTSIDER, ELEVATION and SLEEPING BEAUTIES, but I guess I'm not!
    Almost through with FLIGHT OR FRIGHT, and except for the Matheson story, which I've read many times already, the book is very, well, somewhat anyway, disappointing. But I rarely like novels and stories that the authors I collect are fond of.

I'm interested in your opinion of the last three Dark Tower books, Mike. Keep us informed!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 109 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast