Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 736 of 971 FirstFirst ... 236 636 686 726 734 735 736 737 738 746 786 836 ... LastLast
Results 18,376 to 18,400 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I log in almost every day but I honestly couldn't care less about the collecting aspect of it. Nothing against those that do, it's just not for me. I'm simply a fan of reading.
    Interesting! I wish I was in your shoes. I love collecting King books, but I started too late and it comes at a higher price (in the majority of cases).
    I feel your pain there, Glenn.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I log in almost every day but I honestly couldn't care less about the collecting aspect of it. Nothing against those that do, it's just not for me. I'm simply a fan of reading.
    Interesting! I wish I was in your shoes. I love collecting King books, but I started too late and it comes at a higher price (in the majority of cases).
    I feel your pain there, Glenn.
    Huh, I log in everyday so I can hear you folks drone on about how and why you log in here!!!! lol lol

Spoiler:
    Seriously, its become the highlight of my day!!!!! lol

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sage advice Zelig.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Sage advice Zelig.
    Yes it is!!! Too bad its too late for me and my Evil kind!!!! LOL That song didn't know what it was talking about!!! LOL

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Very profound Paul.
    Interesting points which are easily overlooked, as we endeavour to find what we think we are looking for.
    I am not very adept with moving items around on this forum, however if you go to my collection thread, Post 546, I think it sums things up very succinctly.

Anonymous.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Registering a disappointment (maybe others have expressed as well?)

I recently received my PS Publishing Lettered Night Shift....I was excited as I love Dave McKean (he did artwork), but I was totally deflated to see that instead of an original sketch being included (like Carrie, Thinner, Salem's Lot, Skeleton Crew) what was in the envelope was just a signed print. Anyone else disappointed? Nowhere (that I saw) did they say McKean's contribution to the lettered would be only a signed print...I love artwork and was really looking forward to a McKean piece. I emailed Pete and expressed my disappointment and he was kind in his response as always, but I'm still disappointed.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Paul,
    I truly enjoyed your post, thank you for sharing.
    Richard

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So yesterday I finished "Elevation", and am now caught up on all SK's novels for the first time since the early 90's.

Of course if you go by the list on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_King_bibliography

then I still need to read the following:

Creepshow : ok I have this but didn't want to damage the book. Wonder if a cheep later printing is available.
    Bare Bones - Conversations on Terror: - dont really consider this a King book
    The Plant: have downloaded a pdf version, but haven't read it yet. Hate reading on the computer, guess I could print it out.
    American Vampire - Vol 1: been thinking about this one for awhile

Also, not on the wiki:

The New Lieutenant's Rap: - I have of couse read the shorter version in Hearts in Atlantis

Looks like I can finally start reading the stack of books by other Authors.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Or re'read them!!!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Any decent library should have American Vampire and Creepshow was reprinted recently.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    So yesterday I finished "Elevation", and am now caught up on all SK's novels for the first time since the early 90's.

Of course if you go by the list on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_King_bibliography

then I still need to read the following:

Creepshow : ok I have this but didn't want to damage the book. Wonder if a cheep later printing is available.
    Bare Bones - Conversations on Terror: - dont really consider this a King book
    The Plant: have downloaded a pdf version, but haven't read it yet. Hate reading on the computer, guess I could print it out.
    American Vampire - Vol 1: been thinking about this one for awhile

Also, not on the wiki:

The New Lieutenant's Rap: - I have of couse read the shorter version in Hearts in Atlantis

Looks like I can finally start reading the stack of books by other Authors.
    You didn't see "The New Lieutenant's Rap" listed because it's a short story, which is listed here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephe...n_bibliography

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Or re'read them!!!
    Yep, already started that, have reread Carrie, Salem's Lot, Night Shift, and now reading IT. Next will be The Shining (so I can read before and after the play), then I will cool it a bit. I have several Joe Hill, Bently Little and other authors to read.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Any decent library should have American Vampire and Creepshow was reprinted recently.
    Can I still buy new 1st/1st of American Vampire? If not what are the key points to make sure it is if buying on ebay?
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Can I still buy new 1st/1st of American Vampire? If not what are the key points to make sure it is if buying on ebay?
    My memory ain't what it used to be, but American Vampire is a comic, no? Pretty sure I have signed comics for that one. Did they do a HC Graphic Novel treatment I am forgetting?

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep
    they did a Hardcover for it
    I have a copy

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    My memory ain't what it used to be, but American Vampire is a comic, no? Pretty sure I have signed comics for that one. Did they do a HC Graphic Novel treatment I am forgetting?
    Yeah, there is a graphic novel version, in fact looks like both paperback and hardcover.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Yep
    I have a copy
    I recall now. I don't think I bothered with that one after going all in on "The Gunslinger Born". LOL American Vampire was cut short. no? 1/1 should be axailable at a premium I would think. Again, if I recall it didn't do all that well by the publishers reckoning and that's why they dumped it. Damn, my memory is going to shit!!!! lol lol

Am I in the ballpark, Mike?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

American Vampire just got an omnibus treatment. I bought one.

I loved that story, by the way. Not only King's contribution but all.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Yep
    I have a copy
    I recall now. I don't think I bothered with that one after going all in on "The Gunslinger Born". LOL American Vampire was cut short. no? 1/1 should be axailable at a premium I would think. Again, if I recall it didn't do all that well by the publishers reckoning and that's why they dumped it. Damn, my memory is going to shit!!!! lol lol

Am I in the ballpark, Mike?
    Probably, I think there are maybe 8 Volumes, but I believe King only contributed to the 1st, so I will stick with just that (unless I really love it).

Looks like there is a new Omnibus that collects American Vampire #1-27, American Vampire: Survival of the Fittest #1-6, and American Vampire: Lord of Nightmares #1-5.

I believe American Vampire Vol 1 is comics #1-5.

Looks like the original series had 34 issues. And looks like last new content was in 2016.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Same as books, look for the number line that starts with 1.
    Honestly, I'd just spring for the hardcover. I'm not saying this to be contrarian, but the story got better after King left. Here's everything so far in a single omnibus: https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/...(MR)/APR180291

Have you read N? It's a one-and-done adaptation and it's really good.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Honestly, I'd just spring for the hardcover. I'm not saying this to be contrarian, but the story got better after King left.

Yeah, I guessed they probably had a number line but wasn't sure. Unfortunatly don't think many ebayers will bother with specifing it for a graphic novel.

By hardcover, do you mean the Omnibus?

Yeah I read both the Graphic Novel and short story version of "N". I've also read the graphic novel versions of the DT series and the Talisman. Was really disappointed it wasn't completed because I wanted to refresh myself on the Talisman before I read Black House, and figured it would be a quick way to do so.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the omnibus, sorry. It's a much better value. Do you have comic book stores in town? Check the used/sale bins for the original hardcover Vol 1. I got mine for $5

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the omnibus, sorry. It's a much better value. Do you have comic book stores in town? Check the used/sale bins for the original hardcover Vol 1. I got mine for $5
    Yeah, I'm sure there are, I have been avoiding them out of fear of being sucked back into collecting them. Back in mid 90's I was subscribing to about 30-40 comics a month, until I quit cold turkey in 96. Have only bought about 3 comics since then (first 3 issues of the Gunslinger). I'll try Half-price books first (I get tempted by their comics too!)
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Three words I hear in almost every movie I see:

"I'm so sorry."
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Honestly, I'd just spring for the hardcover. I'm not saying this to be contrarian, but the story got better after King left.

Yeah, I guessed they probably had a number line but wasn't sure. Unfortunatly don't think many ebayers will bother with specifing it for a graphic novel.

By hardcover, do you mean the Omnibus?

Yeah I read both the Graphic Novel and short story version of "N". I've also read the graphic novel versions of the DT series and the Talisman. Was really disappointed it wasn't completed because I wanted to refresh myself on the Talisman before I read Black House, and figured it would be a quick way to do so.
    Yeah, as I recall there was a time when the comics were going hog wild on King titles and they petered out like "The Talisman". maybe that is why I was a little confused and sort of lumped them all together.

The way I remember the issuance of the comics is that they all followed the "Gunslinger Born" edition format. First a comic series "Arc" comprised of "X" amount of comics then, the HC version of each "Arc" and finally an "Omnibus" edition that collected all the HC Arc's into one book. So, it depends on your particular collecting parameters. I purchased all the comics in each Arc and then the HC versions (which I'm pretty sure had number lines) and I stopped at the "omnibus" editions because I felt that they were a little redundant.

WSIL, makes a good point about going to your local comic stores and seeing what they have in the discount bins before you hit ebay. You may even sore some signed (by illustrator/Color guy/Story editor etc) editions which were once premium priced in the glass display case (lol), but are now discount bin dwellers if you're into that at all.

There were a few titles in play, The Stand, American Vampire, TDT, The Talisman and maybe a couple others when the going was good. lol lol I still have and treasure the Arc's/editions I collected from that time. They're kinda cool IMHO There were also several different publishers trying to cash in on the original success of TDT, by Marvel as I recall.

Hey good luck to you and happy hunting!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 736 of 971 FirstFirst ... 236 636 686 726 734 735 736 737 738 746 786 836 ... LastLast