Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 325 of 441 FirstFirst ... 225 275 315 323 324 325 326 327 335 375 425 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,125 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Anyone see "Upgrade?" A low budget gem with a good story, nice plot, not too violent but violence is violent, well acted, and a surprise ending. 8/10
    It’s brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would have to agree. The preview made it seem like it was going to be a violent mess, but it wasn't that at all.
    If this was released in the off season it would be just like John wick. Period. It just got swept away with Deadpool and Avengers... etc

Really? That's pretty high praise. I will have to check it out. The lack of a big name also hurt that film. Logan Marshall Green is not Reeves.
    Would love to hear your thoughts after you see it. One of my clear favourites of the year so far.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I know I'm late to the game, but just saw "Ant Man & The Wasp" and I was thoroughly entertained. Another gem from the MCU!!!!

I give it 5 of 6 beers on the Randall Flagg rating scale!!! Nice tie in to IW as well!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Really? That's pretty high praise. I will have to check it out. The lack of a big name also hurt that film. Logan Marshall Green is not Reeves.

You will love Upgrade. You know me... I criticise Leigh Whannell quite a bit, but he's sooo much better when apart from James Wan. It functioned well as a drama when it needed to, as a science fiction film, as an action movie, with a sense of humour as the film progresses that took me by surprise, and it's just the right amount of body horror. All in all, it's in my top five films of the year so far...pretty sure it's number 4 after A Quiet Place, though I think I might enjoy it more. I'll know when I rewatch them both in the next week or two. In many ways it's a perfect movie because it does so much so well that it transcends any flaws it has because it's successfully ambitious. If I had to compare it to anything in terms of taking so much from various genres and making it all work (though they're both very different films all in all) would be District 9.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I rewatched Tully and Upgrade and both were just as good the second time around.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I rewatched Tully and Upgrade and both were just as good the second time around.
    Is Tully your number 1 so far?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Searching:

Viewed almost completely through computer screens and phones, the movie is taught and keeps one on the edge of their seat. Twist at the end is clear in retrospect, as there were clues seeded throughout the film.

4/6 beers on the RFSRS.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think so...I'll know after I watch Leave No Trace again. I really loved that movie. It's one of the two.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I rewatched A Ghost Story with my friend who's in South Korea since we both raved about it. It's even better the second time around. There is so much greatness in this movie, and much of it isn't overt. You can pull apart the blocking and the framing and the color schemes and the way time unfolds. That's just so much to chew on once you've experienced it and you can now focus on the filmmaking itself. This confirms it as my favourite film of 2017, and puts it in my top 5 films of the 2010's.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think so...I'll know after I watch Leave No Trace again. I really loved that movie. It's one of the two.
    I really loved Leave No Trace as well.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I rewatched A Ghost Story with my friend who's in South Korea since we both raved about it. It's even better the second time around. There is so much greatness in this movie, and much of it isn't overt. You can pull apart the blocking and the framing and the color schemes and the way time unfolds. That's just so much to chew on once you've experienced it and you can now focus on the filmmaking itself. This confirms it as my favourite film of 2017, and puts it in my top 5 films of the 2010's.
    Damn. That's a hearty endorsement. Need to watch it soon, I know a couple others on here liked it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to watch it, but I hate when fimmakers mess with aspect ratio in that way.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It honestly pretty essential for this movie. I couldn't imagine A Ghost Story with a more contemporary aspect ratio. Lowery did some cool stuff with the frame rate too, as Affleck and everyone else are shot at two different frame rates.

I love this part from Half in the Bag where they read Redbox reviews from A Ghost Story, that are either hilarious because they're real or hilarious because we've all read comments like this about great movies. The review itself is relatively spoiler free if you want to back it up to around 22:00 to watch it.

http://youtu.be/Yav1kBLXMxI?t=33m47s

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait hold on... the ratio is like when you play a PS1 classic on the PS4?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I mean.. does this lend poignancy to the film or is it merely a stylistic choice for the eff of it?

I'm still down to watch it, just think it's a strange choice.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it really makes it intimate and claustrophobic. It's even blocked often so the frame seems even smaller. With doorways and windows and hallways really making the shots ultra focused

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Wait hold on... the ratio is like when you play a PS1 classic on the PS4?
    Yeah. 4x3 aspect ratio.

The rounded edges give it a projection slide feel. At least, that's what I think they were going for.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I watched Deadpool 2. I give it a 3/5.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched Your Name again with my friend in South Korea. It's just such a great film. The animation is simply, bar none, the best I've ever seen.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a co worker that's always recommending that to me. I need to watch it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Predator: Great summer "B" movie fun. Toss in a little Lethal weapon, adult Goonies, an ass-kicking Asian Female PHD and a lot of campy references, mix with a script that really doesn't make sense and you have a great Drive-In movie.

4/6 beers on the RDSRS.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I am pleased to say that the most recent film in The Conjuring franchise, The Nun, was a lot of fun. Thin on plot, but lots of quick frights make this one a good take. 7/10.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The summer is almost over! Check out my mini-reviews for some of the films I saw this summer including Hereditary, Mission: Impossible - Fallout, Leave No Trace, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and much more!

Quick Flicks Mini-Reviews - Summer 2018

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait to read, Mike. I've been waiting for you to post some reviews (I'm no better).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The summer is almost over! Check out my mini-reviews for some of the films I saw this summer including Hereditary, Mission: Impossible - Fallout, Leave No Trace, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and much more!

Quick Flicks Mini-Reviews - Summer 2018
    Great stuff. I agree with 85% of those write ups !!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 325 of 441 FirstFirst ... 225 275 315 323 324 325 326 327 335 375 425 ... LastLast