Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 645 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 600 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 16111

Thread: Suntup Editions

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Paul, how are things going with the incoming and imminent outgoing of Misery? You guys must be busy as all hell!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Hard to believe we’re just weeks away!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Hey Paul, how are things going with the incoming and imminent outgoing of Misery? You guys must be busy as all hell!
    Things are going very well. Right now it’s the calm before the storm. Watch for an update soon!

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    If I purchase a copy of Haunting of Hill House aftermarket, will that guarantee my spot for your next book, Paul? That stuff got so confusing and I wasn't really in the game at the time to pay enough attention. If so, if anyone is selling, I'm looking to buy if we can come to an agreement. Please PM me. Thanks!
    Awhile back in the bookcase thread, Becca was asking me if I was going to put my Suntup editions in that! They are really, really cheap bookshelves so my post there was mainly tongue in cheek. Especially since I know a lot of you have really nice cases. I told Becca that I didn't own any of Paul's books nor would I probably ever be able too. She stated to me, "Never say never". Well, apparently she knew something I didn't.

Flash forward to a few short weeks later to my original question. Kris and Chad responded to my request; Kris with a lettered and Chad with a numbered. I told Kris a lettered was way beyond my reach but thanked him for the offer. I figured my next best shot would be for a numbered (depending on the asking price) and that's where Chad stepped in.

I usually don't like to post the details of a transaction except from where or whom I obtained an item. I spoke to Chad about this and said he was ok with it. I'm very glad that he was because I feel it shows the true nature of his character, what an outstanding person he is, and how valuable he is to this community.

Chad could have asked any price he wanted for his extra copy of Hill House but he choose to sell it to me at retail. I was prepared to go a little higher should he had wanted more but honestly, my max offer probably couldn't have gone too much above that. I feel without Chad's generosity, I may not have had been able to get in on the ground floor of Paul's Non-King books.

So, Chad, here's to you, my friend. My copy of Hill House will not be haunted, but rather a reminder of a great person who helped a guy become a member of the Suntup Press family. Hopefully for many years to come for us all.
    Congrats all around! Great books bring great people together!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I am sure Paul has some killer non-King books in store. I didn't understand either that you needed the previous one to get the next one. Having the DR EOTD being first and then needing that to get was confusing to me
    a little. And I also learned about this whole company late. But I am not complaining. I am excited as I am sure you are as well.
    EDIT: I just want to add that Paul is a stand up guy (plus everyone he works with as well). We have had several conversations and they have always been very nice. He is one of the good ones and again, I can't wait to start the Suntup part of my shelf .
    Just to clarify, you didn’t have to own the DR EOTD rebound book to purchase Misery… you could pre-order if you owned the Suntup EOTD portfolio which was not sold out when Misery was announced.
    I understood that. But not until later. I was getting confused because again, to me, it seemed like two separate companies. Your right Becca and I am not complaining. I had my own calculations
    going on in my head. It was my mistake and I own it. I am not blaming anybody but myself.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I am sure Paul has some killer non-King books in store. I didn't understand either that you needed the previous one to get the next one. Having the DR EOTD being first and then needing that to get was confusing to me
    a little. And I also learned about this whole company late. But I am not complaining. I am excited as I am sure you are as well.
    EDIT: I just want to add that Paul is a stand up guy (plus everyone he works with as well). We have had several conversations and they have always been very nice. He is one of the good ones and again, I can't wait to start the Suntup part of my shelf .
    Just to clarify, you didn’t have to own the DR EOTD rebound book to purchase Misery… you could pre-order if you owned the Suntup EOTD portfolio which was not sold out when Misery was announced.
    I understood that. But not until later. I was getting confused because again, to me, it seemed like two separate companies. Your right Becca and I am not complaining. I had my own calculations
    going on in my head. It was my mistake and I own it. I am not blaming anybody but myself.
    No worries. Just wanted to point out that DRs EOTD had nothing to do with preorders and that they are separate companies. Maybe having two EOTD products from two related companies confused some people??
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

In my original post I should have said DR EOTD portfolio. That would have made things clearer if I said it that way. Thanks for understanding my mis-understanding .

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got a shipping notice…

For some Valium so I can stay calm until Paul starts sending out his shipping notices
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    Got a shipping notice…

For some Valium so I can stay calm until Paul starts sending out his shipping notices
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In my original post I should have said DR EOTD portfolio. That would have made things clearer if I said it that way. Thanks for understanding my mis-understanding .
    But it's not DR, the portfolio is a Suntup publication.

My Mood
    Cool

I figured (mistakenly) that since DR did the book that they did the portfolio as well. Again, it was my mistake %100. Sorry if I came off harsh. I feel like crawling under a rock now.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not trying to make you feel bad Mike. Just trying to clear up that the Suntup editions are different than the DR - since they are only rebinds.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I figured (mistakenly) that since DR did the book that they did the portfolio as well. Again, it was my mistake %100. Sorry if I came off harsh. I feel like crawling under a rock now.
    I'm not trying to make you feel bad Mike. Just trying to clear up that the Suntup editions are different than the DR - since they are only rebinds.
    I've been involved from the start of the rebound editions. I own letter B, and I've helped purchase the books for the rebound editions.

It's confusing. Don't even worry about it. You are certainly not the only person who is confused by the two efforts.

Doing TEOTD rebound and befriending Mr. Pallidini inspired Paul to start Suntup Press and publish TEOTD portfolio. So the two are intertwined.

The best way to remember is that the rebound books are Dragon Rebound and the original publications are Suntup Press.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Cool

You are not making me feel bad. I thought I was making you feel bad. I just got confused that's all. I understood what the rebounds were and I missed out on that side.
    Then I mis-interpreted what was needed for getting Misery. Don't worry about Becca. It's all good and again, you are not making me feel bad

My Mood
    Cool

Hey Brian. Thanks for the reply. I missed out on Rebound because I was injured and King was the last thing on my mind. And I missed out on Suntup from the beginning simply because I did not know about it. I think I explained why I was confused so no need to do that again. At least I am in Sunup with Hill House. Anyway, all is fine and I apologize for de-railing the the thread.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyway, all is fine and I apologize for de-railing the the thread.
    Apology accepted. Back to other things about Suntup Press.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

No worries. Just wanted to point out that DRs EOTD had nothing to do with preorders and that they are separate companies. Maybe having two EOTD products from two related companies confused some people??
    Just curious, if I am remembering correctly, didn't you need to have a DR EOTD in order to order the Lettered edition of the EOTD portfolio, which in turn was required for the Misery Lettered? Just trying to remember why I didn't buy a lettered copy of EOTD portfolio. Maybe I was too late?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

If you owned the DR EoTD you could preorder the portfolio and match your letter. After that it was open to public sale.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Just curious, if I am remembering correctly, didn't you need to have a DR EOTD in order to order the Lettered edition of the EOTD portfolio, which in turn was required for the Misery Lettered? Just trying to remember why I didn't buy a lettered copy of EOTD portfolio. Maybe I was too late?
    Yes. If you had the DR TEOTD then you had first opportunity to purchase the Suntup portfolio with matching letter.

The Suntup portfolio gave you the first opportunity to purchase Misery whether lettered or numbered.

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, to get in on the lettered editions, you pretty much had to be grandfathered-in on the rebounds or purchase second hand.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Congrats to all of those anxiously waiting. Only a few more days for you guys.
    Very Fine Books is auctioning off one now and the price isn't outrageous (yet).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...LH_TitleDesc=0
    reserve not meet though
    Yeah. Hence my (yet). I wonder where VFB has set the reserve. If it's $200, I'd say that's still reasonable and even on the low end.
    It didn't sell. High bid of $227.50 with reserve not met.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

reserve not meet though
    Yeah. Hence my (yet). I wonder where VFB has set the reserve. If it's $200, I'd say that's still reasonable and even on the low end.
    I figured it wouldn't. It's been relisted with a reserve still. Will be interesting to see if that high bid in now the reserve.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

reserve not meet though
    That's interesting! Can you change the reserve after your listing goes live?? Because I checked before the auction ended to see where it was and the high bid at the time was $201 and the "reserve not met" message was gone. So I assumed the reserve was $200. Maybe I wasn't paying close attention. I seriously doubt you can raise the reserve once people start bidding.

Country
    Country Flag

reserve not meet though
    I figured it wouldn't. It's been relisted with a reserve still. Will be interesting to see if that high bid in now the reserve.
    It's probably $250.Don't see the point of having a reserve. I know it affects the listing price. But just start the bidding at $250!

Country
    Country Flag

reserve not meet though
    It's probably $250.Don't see the point of having a reserve. I know it affects the listing price. But just start the bidding at $250!
    It doesn't make any sense. It cost's money to place a reserve too.

VFB has one listed BIN on eBay for $395. They have it listed on their site at $275.

Rick has one listed on eBay at $249.

I have one listed on eBay at $249 too. (Link in signature)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 645 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 600 ... LastLast