Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunchback Jack Collection - non-King

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

The books look great. Another author I have yet to read.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY NICE Donaldson collection !!!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Nice collection there, Peter!
    Thanks, Brian. I actually have quite a few more 1/1 UK trade hardcovers of his other series, but they are very common. He's very popular in the U.K. These are the more uncommon editions.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    The books look great. Another author I have yet to read.
    Donaldson tends to polarize people. He often has characters do unspeakable things and then tries to redeem them. He also has complex ideas about the nature of power and heroism which avoid the usual tropes, and require investment to understand. So a lot of people don't enjoy his work. I like it a lot - his writing style appeals to me, and he's a wonderful storyteller.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    VERY NICE Donaldson collection !!!
    Thanks, Frank. I know these volumes don't look like much, but some of them are actually quite hard to find in good condition. A lot of people don't realize that U.K. Hardcover editions of the First Chronicles even exist, because the Fontana paperbacks are so ubiquitous.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember selling the Fontana paperbacks at my store and I have never seen the hardcovers before. It’s a great looking set.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    The limited reissue edition of David Wingrove's Chung Kuo series:
    Those are nice. I kept thinking I knew that name and then saw he was the Myst writer. These look interesting so I downloaded the first one. Another something new everyday.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great Donaldson collection! Thank you for sharing!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I remember selling the Fontana paperbacks at my store and I have never seen the hardcovers before. It’s a great looking set.
    Thanks, Paul. The hardcovers are pretty neat. Of course, I also have a set of the Fontana paperbacks.

Well, okay, maybe more than one set.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    The limited reissue edition of David Wingrove's Chung Kuo series:
    Those are nice. I kept thinking I knew that name and then saw he was the Myst writer. These look interesting so I downloaded the first one. Another something new everyday.
    Yes, se co-wrote the three myst novels, which are quite good. Chung Kuo is his Magnum Opus, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Great Donaldson collection! Thank you for sharing!
    Thanks, Yegor. Glad you liked seeing them.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

I haven’t read anything by this author but the titles demand interest. Curious to give him a try. The books are clean and classy looking, too.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Wow. Man oh man that is one bad ass collection. Unfortunately I am unfamiliar with most of these authors and while I like Hell Raiser 1 and 2, I have only read Weaveworld, which I did like a lot. I have Imajica but just never read it.
    This is one serious collection Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    I haven’t read anything by this author but the titles demand interest. Curious to give him a try. The books are clean and classy looking, too.
    Thanks, Adam. As I said above, he can be a bit polarizing. If you get halfway through the first in the series - Lord Foul's Bane - and are still willing to give the protagonist a chance, then you will probably like the whole series. But there's one scene in particular that makes that character - and Donaldson - irredeemable in many readers' eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Wow. Man oh man that is one bad ass collection. Unfortunately I am unfamiliar with most of these authors and while I like Hell Raiser 1 and 2, I have only read Weaveworld, which I did like a lot. I have Imajica but just never read it.
    This is one serious collection Peter.
    Thanks, Mike. In my formative years I read SF and epic fantasy, mostly, so much of my non-King collection is in those genres. My foray into S/Ls and Lettered editions is relatively recent, so the stuff I have from before then is more focused on unusual or rare trade editions of the authors I like. Also, mostly UK editions, as I grew up in Australia.

More to come soon. I have some acquisitions arriving soon, and some more stuff in the bookcase to share.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Random Lettered Editions, Part 1: The Silo Trilogy, by Hugh Howey:

This is a PC copy of the SubPress lettered edition. The three volumes are housed in a single traycase, and each one is bound in leather with foil stamping. The endpapers are this beautifully textured and richly colored thick paper. A nice set.

This was another lucky pickup from the SubPress PC sale earlier this year.

Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Impressive. One of these days I'll read a book by him.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Peter! Sub pumps out some awesome stuff.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Impressive. One of these days I'll read a book by him.
    This trilogy is the only thing I've read by him, and it isnt bad at all. Solid post apocalyptic fiction, tending towards YA.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Very nice, Peter! Sub pumps out some awesome stuff.
    Yeah, SubPress do some pretty innovative stuff. The multi-volume slipcase they've designed for the Silo books is pretty neat. It's also gorgeous - the leather is silky smooth. Really pleased to have it.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Random Lettered Editions, Part 2: The Glass Books series (matching, but incomplete) by Gordon Dahlquist:

These were published a few years apart by SubPress, so the traycases look quite different. The first volume is more of a stitched leather wallet style, while the second is the more common clamshell design. The books are bound in leather.

Sadly, SubPress didn't publish the third volume in the series.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

They’re both beauties but the volume one case stands out to me. I don’t think I’ve seen one quite like it before. It really does look like a wallet. Really cool.

I have a couple of their books in that stitched leather case too. I think one of them is starting to warp though.

I should clarify I guess, I don't have the ABOVE books in those cases, but Sub Press books by other authors in similar cases.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have the first book only. Great job on collecting them both - SubPress drops books often even though the series continue. Probably because of lack of sales. Im so happy they are rebooting a few now after 8-9 year breaks.
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

They’re both beauties but the volume one case stands out to me. I don’t think I’ve seen one quite like it before. It really does look like a wallet. Really cool.
    Thanks, Adam! SubPress were doing their lettered traycases in that style for a specific period; I've seen a few other volumes like it, although this is the only one I own.

I have a couple of their books in that stitched leather case too. I think one of them is starting to warp though.

I should clarify I guess, I don't have the ABOVE books in those cases, but Sub Press books by other authors in similar cases.
    Warping may be one reason they changed the design. This copy looks okay so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    I have the first book only. Great job on collecting them both - SubPress drops books often even though the series continue. Probably because of lack of sales. Im so happy they are rebooting a few now after 8-9 year breaks.
    Thanks, Yegor! The first volume's lettered edition was only a 15 copy run, so I'm pretty thrilled to have one of the only 15 possible matching sets. The do come up on the secondary market now and then at very reasonable prices, though.

I'm also pleased about SubPress picking up previously-abandoned series. Now that they are completing Richard K. Morgan's Kovacs series, I hope they publish Morgan's "The Dark Defiles", at last.

Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Thanks, Yegor! The first volume's lettered edition was only a 15 copy run, so I'm pretty thrilled to have one of the only 15 possible matching sets. The do come up on the secondary market now and then at very reasonable prices, though.

I'm also pleased about SubPress picking up previously-abandoned series. Now that they are completing Richard K. Morgan's Kovacs series, I hope they publish Morgan's "The Dark Defiles", at last.
    Yeah, if anyone is interested in those two there is a matching lettered set here: Right Here

That "wallet" traycase is really neat, like Fevre Dream. Very cool books, and incredibly jealous of Terror!!
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Thanks very much. I was fortunate to pick up the Terror Lettered on the secondary market a few years ago.

I know you're looking for a copy, and I'm sorry, but mine is not for sale. But keep looking and be patient. One *will* come up sooner or later.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Thanks very much. I was fortunate to pick up the Terror Lettered on the secondary market a few years ago.

I know you're looking for a copy, and I'm sorry, but mine is not for sale. But keep looking and be patient. One *will* come up sooner or later.

HBJ
    Don't worry. I would not have the guts to break that Simmons collection up. Do you recommend just skimming eBay and Camelot frequently and hope?

Also, thanks! Your confidence will hopefully translate into some good luck in the near future...
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

My Mood
    Chatty

I think I might make a go for a lettered Terror. Or a numbered at least, if there is one. They’re really hard to find, right? Do you know how much they’re currently valued at?

My Mood
    Relaxed

I think I might make a go for a lettered Terror. Or a numbered at least, if there is one. They’re really hard to find, right? Do you know how much they’re currently valued at?
    Numbered: Between $300 and $400 roughly (One's been sitting at $450 for awhile, one sold for a little less I believe)

Lettered: Who knows, maybe Hunchback Jack may be willing to disclose what he found letter "I" for. I'd pay up to $2,000, and am thinking about trading my Misery S/L and requesting cash at this point.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Love the Dahlquist books. May I ask when they were published? I really enjoyed these books. Wish he would write more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast