Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 105 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2620

Thread: Other authors you collect

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Does anyone have any idea what the prices would be on Shadow of the Wind lettered, or the whole Cemetery of Forgotten Books series lettered for that matter? Just curious, likely out of my price range at the moment.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post
    Does anyone have any idea what the prices would be on Shadow of the Wind lettered, or the whole Cemetery of Forgotten Books series lettered for that matter? Just curious, likely out of my price range at the moment.
    If its a matching set, I personally never seen one for sale but I would guess in $3000-4000 range.
    Separately, Shadow of The Wind is $1500-2000 book, Angels Game $1000-1500 and Prisoner in $500 range.

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    If its a matching set, I personally never seen one for sale but I would guess in $3000-4000 range.
    Separately, Shadow of The Wind is $1500-2000 book, Angels Game $1000-1500 and Prisoner in $500 range.
    Thanks for the response! Honestly, not nearly as bad as I thought. I will definitely have to keep my eyes peeled if a Shadow of the Wind or the whole series pops up. I'd be tempted to pay the lower range for Shadow of the Wind almost at any point in time.

Also, you have an amazing collection of books that I hope mine will even be a fraction of one day.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the response! Honestly, not nearly as bad as I thought. I will definitely have to keep my eyes peeled if a Shadow of the Wind or the whole series pops up. I'd be tempted to pay the lower range for Shadow of the Wind almost at any point in time.

Also, you have an amazing collection of books that I hope mine will even be a fraction of one day.
    Thank you! Some of these are pretty damn hard to find. I was lucky enough to get a set from Camelot a few years ago. Good Luck with your search as its truly exquisite edition.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Stupid question: is there a forum/thread for posting pic of non-King collections?

I have a thread in Calvins Corner for my King collection, but would like to keep non-King pics separate. Is there a like forum for non-King? Should I just create a non-King thread in the Calvins Corner collection subforum?

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Stupid question: is there a forum/thread for posting pic of non-King collections?

I have a thread in Calvins Corner for my King collection, but would like to keep non-King pics separate. Is there a like forum for non-King? Should I just create a non-King thread in the Calvins Corner collection subforum?
    I am curious about this as well! I've been hesitant to start a thread in the "My Stephen King Collection" forum because my collection is probably only 10% King. But I really enjoy seeing everyone's books, King or not (I know Noah M has been posting lots of awesome lettered editions, King-related and otherwise). I don't have another outlet for my collecting habit so I love seeing all the magnificent finds out there.

I don't personally care if my King collection has a separate thread (although I can understand why some might, e.g., HBJ), so I'm happy to have just one in the "My Stephen King Collection" forums, as long as it's OK that it's not King-centric (but I do have some nice King stuff!!).

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

You should probably create your thread in this sub-forum. (One up from this thread.) RF hasn't wanted other authors in Calvin's Corner for quite some time.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You could also start a "The collectible whoever" thread like the ones already existing in Dutch Hill.

Country
    Country Flag

I was also thinking the same thing. My collection at one time contained maybe 5% KIng so I did not think it would " qualify" for Calvins corner.
    We should start it here for sure!!!
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    You could also start a "The collectible whoever" thread like the ones already existing in Dutch Hill.
    I have seen the "The Collectible ..." threads, and I could add pics there, but ...

... the narcissist in me would prefer a thread specific to my collection, with pics of multiple, non-King authors.

If the answer is "post them in your King collection thread", then fine, but if there is a better place - or we are willing to create one - then I'd prefer to use it.

For example, we could create a sub-forum called "My non-King Collection" under the "Other authors you collect" forum, just as there's a "My Stephen King Collection" under Calvin's Corner.

RF, what you do advise?

HBJ

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well here's mine...Br!an's Non-King Collection

Of course I'll have to fill it.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

... the narcissist in me would prefer a thread specific to my collection, with pics of multiple, non-King authors.

If the answer is "post them in your King collection thread", then fine, but if there is a better place - or we are willing to create one - then I'd prefer to use it.

For example, we could create a sub-forum called "My non-King Collection" under the "Other authors you collect" forum, just as there's a "My Stephen King Collection" under Calvin's Corner.
    I really like this idea

EDIT: Br!an makes a good point in his newly created non-King collection thread: we can start individual threads in this forum and they can be later moved if management approves a new forum. Glad to see him get the ball rolling

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

EDIT: Br!an makes a good point in his newly created non-King collection thread: we can start individual threads in this forum and they can be later moved if management approves a new forum. Glad to see him get the ball rolling
    Better to ask forgiveness than permission.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I usually put the book in front of a King book so I can get away with it.
    However, I was NOT AWARE that putting non-King books in your King collection thread was frowned upon.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I deleted my collection once I got serious about other authors. Later I felt foolish when people started posting their babies and houses in their collection threads. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I usually put the book in front of a King book so I can get away with it.
    However, I was NOT AWARE that putting non-King books in your King collection thread was frowned upon.
    My impression is that it's not frowned upon at all, so long as your thread is primarily King. It's just a personal preference of mine to want to keep King and non-King in separate threads.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I am tempted to start a non-King thread, but I'd probably be the only one interested in it. However, I like taking pictures of my books, so it would give me something to do between performing brain surgeries, ghost-writing King's books and straightening out major political conflicts between world leaders while they make me peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Yes...I think I could sneak another book thread in there with no problem...
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

I am tempted to start a non-King thread, but I'd probably be the only one interested in it. However, I like taking pictures of my books, so it would give me something to do between performing brain surgeries, ghost-writing King's books and straightening out major political conflicts between world leaders while they make me peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Yes...I think I could sneak another book thread in there with no problem...
    Please do!!!

I'm sure there are other collectors on the forums who collect non-King books, and judging by the P&J thread, there are more than a few!

I love King and I collect King, but there are so many other good authors and good books, and it's so hard to find a community to plug into (for me at least). The community here is top-notch and I love seeing the amazing editions that get posted! I highly encourage everyone to post their non-King tomes within the confines of the rules. I think ym2000's posts in this thread are a great example of sharing beautiful non-King books. Or NoahM's collection thread lately. And I know RF has a number of beautiful lettereds that garner interest when he posts them! Someone has an awesome Ellison collection, and another has a great Herbert collection (one of these might have been you, I forget!), and I think that adammoro/Father Cody start collecting Grant based on reading some posts here. There's so many and it would be nice to have dedicated collection threads instead of trying to poke around random Dutch Hill threads and the big P&J thread!

Country
    Country Flag

Is there a moderator on this forum that can create this type section for non KING books collections ?
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there a moderator on this forum that can create this type section for non KING books collections ?
    Moderators of this Forum:
    mae Odetta Jean

You can PM one of them and they should be able to help you out.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Looking forward to your thread, Brian. As someone who is not nearly as passionate collector and reader of King's work as many here and whose arrivals in the mail rarely are King-related, I don't often post announcements or pics of my new acquisitions...maybe I should take your lead and be inspired to do the same.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Moderators of this Forum:
    mae Odetta Jean

You can PM one of them and they should be able to help you out.
    The only one who's active daily is "mae." I'll PM him.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I actually only stumbled upon this site when searching for Neil Gaiman collector forums! I only have a handful of king books (nothing signed...until Gwendys and Sleeping beauties arrive from CD!) and so most of my collection is non-king. As such I would be interested in a 'my other authors collection' thread/area

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Looking forward to your thread, Brian. As someone who is not nearly as passionate collector and reader of King's work as many here and whose arrivals in the mail rarely are King-related, I don't often post announcements or pics of my new acquisitions...maybe I should take your lead and be inspired to do the same.
    Thanks, I look forward to it as well.

I'm a bibliophile. I like books. I especially like well written and well presented books.

I have a lot of King, but I have a lot of other author's too. I have a fairly large John Updike collection.

I was put off of posting in my King collection thread for quite a while by a member here who is a professional autograph hound/flipper. He gets shaky signatures and charges too much for them. I said I thought some were forgeries. He threatened legal action against the site if I continued to say he sold forgeries. He kind of stalked me and made me uncomfortable. I had the choice to either escalate or deconflict. I chose to deconflict. I made my Photobucket photos private which broke all of my picture connections except those hosted on site here.

So now I'm going to build my non-King thread and fix my King thread. If I have any further problems the only thing left is to escalate.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Thanks, I look forward to it as well.

I'm a bibliophile. I like books. I especially like well written and well presented books.

I have a lot of King, but I have a lot of other author's too. I have a fairly large John Updike collection.

I was put off of posting in my King collection thread for quite a while by a member here who is a professional autograph hound/flipper. He gets shaky signatures and charges too much for them. I said I thought some were forgeries. He threatened legal action against the site if I continued to say he sold forgeries. He kind of stalked me and made me uncomfortable. I had the choice to either escalate or deconflict. I chose to deconflict. I made my Photobucket photos private which broke all of my picture connections except those hosted on site here.

So now I'm going to build my non-King thread and fix my King thread. If I have any further problems the only thing left is to escalate.
    lol you mean RSF? Screw him. He just came here to complain about everyone disliking his books.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 105 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast