Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
I went to a concert at the most pretentious place ever last night. So I knew the venue was also a winery, but I didn't know that the venue's "seats" were at these long rows of tables where you had to sit directly next to and across from other people the whole night. The lady showed us to our seats and then we were immediately greeted by our server for the night. My husband and I were so uncomfortable and told the server we would need a few minutes to look at our menu. To add to the awkwardness, a couple then sat down across from us and introduced themselves. My husband and I sat there for a few minutes, then got up from the table and found a spot against the back wall for a bit, just to feel more normal.
I guess I understand going to a show and sitting at a table if you're seeing Wayne Newton or something, but it was just super bizarre to go to a rock show and see people ordering/eating entire meals during a concert.
We went to a concert last summer, it's at this small music hall, but they have tables there and most people go earlier and order dinner before the show. I've been there twice now, the first time was for a rather unknown person. We went to dinner beforehand and got there right as the show started, the whole upstairs was open, so we found some sofas up there and sat and enjoyed the show. The next time we went earlier, but underestimated how early to get there so the place was pretty much almost full. The person brought us upstairs to a booth where there was already 1 guy sitting there and kindly asked him if we could join him. Good thing he was super cool, but it was a bit awkward sitting at a small booth with a stranger
Heather, that sounds super awkward.