Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 645 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 558 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 16104

Thread: Suntup Editions

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    I COULD BE WRONG? But I believe with "IT" & MISERY..... Paul has just "SET THE BAR" for King collectibles!
    So who's mixing the drinks?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I always take a ladder with me to the bar...Because you never know when the drinks will be ON the house!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I don't know about others here, but I sure wish I knew about Paul's work a while ago. It would make it a lot easier to get new ones. But, what can you do. Some people can collect everything and some can not. I am in the second category. So, I just try to do the best I can. I will say that his Firestarter, IT and Misery are some really fantastic books. So keep them coming Paul, even though everyone may not have a chance to get them.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I don't know about others here, but I sure wish I knew about Paul's work a while ago. It would make it a lot easier to get new ones. But, what can you do. Some people can collect everything and some can not. I am in the second category. So, I just try to do the best I can. I will say that his Firestarter, IT and Misery are some really fantastic books. So keep them coming Paul, even though everyone may not have a chance to get them.
    With EOTD sold out, a great place to start with Suntup is the Covers Collection. As I mentioned on Sunday, it’s top-notch.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Besides me, does anyone here subscribe to the Covers Collection, but NOT own an EOTD portfolio? Am I the only one?
    Bumping my question. Not sure if it got lost in the MISERY attention or if I really am the only one.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think the TEOTD portfolio is sold out. Paul temporarily set the count to 185 to limit the purchases prior to Misery's release. He should soon reset it to allow the sale of the portfolios above number 185.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Besides me, does anyone here subscribe to the Covers Collection, but NOT own an EOTD portfolio? Am I the only one?

Bumping my question. Not sure if it got lost in the MISERY attention or if I really am the only one.
    I'm the opposite; am not subscribed to the Covers Collection but do own an EOTD Portfolio (and Dragon rebound) along with DTIII: The Waste Lands.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The great thing about Misery, is that this time around there's a version that is in the general public's affordability. The rebounds looked unbelievably amazing for what they are, but I hope for more along the lines of Misery.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    The great thing about Misery, is that this time around there's a version that is in the general public's affordability. The rebounds looked unbelievably amazing for what they are, but I hope for more along the lines of Misery.
    I do agree. I just wish it was easier to get one then having to have the previous publication to guarantee that you would get one. But that's just my thinking and I DO NOT think it's wrong for Paul to do that. It just makes it more difficult for people totally on the outside.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I, too, am greatly looking forward to future Suntup gift editions...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I don't think the TEOTD portfolio is sold out. Paul temporarily set the count to 185 to limit the purchases prior to Misery's release. He should soon reset it to allow the sale of the portfolios above number 185.
    Well that would be interesting. I just wonder what other books are going to published. Again, I am mainly interested in King. I would not like to buy this, then have to buy another book that I may not want in the hopes that the next book would be a King book. It may be weak on my part, but it's how I feel. If that makes me a narrow collector, Oh well. We are who we are.

My Mood
    Cool

The Gift ed does look very nice as well. But I have other S\L I NEED to get first. Then I can think about some gift ed if I am unable to get Suntup S\L

Now that I have secured the letter"N" & am only collecting King & say the next lettered book you print is by Joe Blow.... but the 3rd will be another King book.How do I go about passing on the Joe Blow book & keep the letter "N" for the King book & because I did not double dip on the Dragon portfolio I will have to line up Monday hoping to snag a numbered edition & if I do can I hold that # for just the numbered King books?
    Just bumping this question as it went unanswered & I did manage to snag a lettered so the answer is now more important then before. (I have had #301 with Donald M. Grant for for 26 years & have only bought King books.)

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Paul,

Believe it or not I have a non-misery question.

I noticed your note on the most recent cover recarding saving the plastic sleeves and backing boards. I decided to take your advise and remove them all (still keeping them though) and put them in the archival box. Since some of them did not fit while still in the plastic sleeves, they were outside the box. I am anal about putting things in chronological order. I am undecided if to order them based on the publish date of the cover, or printing date of the print. If the later, I no longer remember the order you printed them in.

Is there somewhere where you have the print dates of the covers?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Well that would be interesting. I just wonder what other books are going to published. Again, I am mainly interested in King. I would not like to buy this, then have to buy another book that I may not want in the hopes that the next book would be a King book. It may be weak on my part, but it's how I feel. If that makes me a narrow collector, Oh well. We are who we are.
    Those who purchased Misery will have first chance at the next book. Those who buy that book will have the first chance at the next. Even if I don't necessarily want the next book, I'll likely buy it since it will be awesome.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

I noticed your note on the most recent cover recarding saving the plastic sleeves and backing boards. I decided to take your advise and remove them all (still keeping them though) and put them in the archival box.
    Was this note in an email? Or posted here? I missed the advice, can you share?

Thanks!
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post

I noticed your note on the most recent cover recarding saving the plastic sleeves and backing boards. I decided to take your advise and remove them all (still keeping them though) and put them in the archival box.

Thanks!
    It was packed inside the plastic sleeve for the latest cover, I think one of the DT books.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post

Thanks!
    It was packed inside the plastic sleeve for the latest cover, I think one of the DT books.
    Thanks, will double check.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Those who purchased Misery will have first chance at the next book. Those who buy that book will have the first chance at the next. Even if I don't necessarily want the next book, I'll likely buy it since it will be awesome.
    Ha, and that is why I own every book published by Thunderstorm Books. I will likely do the same with Suntup, except for the lettered Suntup, I didn't qualify. Still, I'm looking forward to a lovely shelf full of Paul's books over the coming years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do agree. I just wish it was easier to get one then having to have the previous publication to guarantee that you would get one. But that's just my thinking and I DO NOT think it's wrong for Paul to do that. It just makes it more difficult for people totally on the outside.
    I believe this is where the adage......
    Spoiler:
    THE EARLY BIRD GETS THE WORM. applies.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that I have secured the letter"N" & am only collecting King & say the next lettered book you print is by Joe Blow.... but the 3rd will be another King book.How do I go about passing on the Joe Blow book & keep the letter "N" for the King book & because I did not double dip on the Dragon portfolio I will have to line up Monday hoping to snag a numbered edition & if I do can I hold that # for just the numbered King books?
    Just bumping this question as it went unanswered & I did manage ti snag a lettered so the answer is now more important then before. (I have had #301 with Donald M. Grant for for 26 years & have only bought King books.)
    I have seen some publishers will group by author where you get your Letter/number for that author. Others do by series where that number/Letter for that series only and when they next series come up you have to have the luck of the draw. Then there is the 1 letter for everything and you get first dibs on the next. Sounds like Paul is in the last boat where a number/letter is always good but that gets you rights to the next book no matter AND you have to have that letter when it comes back around for King. I personally prefer the letter per author or series as that allows me to skip. If I wanted every book I would get a subscription but once again that is my personal preference and Paul runs his business how he likes to and that is his prerogative.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just bumping this question as it went unanswered & I did manage ti snag a lettered so the answer is now more important then before. (I have had #301 with Donald M. Grant for for 26 years & have only bought King books.)
    Based on the stated ownership model (owners of the previous title have rights to the next title), my guess is that you would have to purchase the book by Joe Blow, and resell it after you get the next book. That way you are always in possession of the "most recent title" and get to keep your rights. Just a guess, though!

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Guess I'm going to be a Suntup only collector for awhile... Which definitely isn't a bad thing I simply could not resist buying a portfolio to guarantee my chance at a Misery but given my limited funds I'll just keep the Suntup train rolling no matter what is published next. As you said, it's guaranteed to be awesome.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Based on the stated ownership model (owners of the previous title have rights to the next title), my guess is that you would have to purchase the book by Joe Blow, and resell it after you get the next book. That way you are always in possession of the "most recent title" and get to keep your rights. Just a guess, though!
    man so you not only have to buy it but then hold it. Which is where it differs from say CD whoever bought the previous number gets first right even if the sell it since so many other stores get their books but you can transfer rights by emailing if needed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 645 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 558 ... LastLast