Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 296 of 441 FirstFirst ... 196 246 286 294 295 296 297 298 306 346 396 ... LastLast
Results 7,376 to 7,400 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, Mike, you can't stop there. Keep going!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Okay, Mike, you can't stop there. Keep going!
    Nope. That's all I got. That film left me speechless. I'm going to have to watch it again before I'm able to actually make sense.

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Damnit, Toby! Why do you have to be the way you are?

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Blade Runner 2049 - a bit bloated at times, and a little pretentious, but the look and mood are brilliant. 8/10 - tighten it up with some editing and it could be a 9.5/10.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Blade Runner 2049 - a bit bloated at times, and a little pretentious, but the look and mood are brilliant. 8/10 - tighten it up with some editing and it could be a 9.5/10.
    I agree.
    I viewed the movie yesterday on an imax size screen, with Dolby Atmos sound.
    Visually a 10.
    Aurally a 10.

Difficult to relay any information without spoiling things. I agree that the film could be tightened up a bit. Probably a good 15 minutes could have been cut.
    5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Damnit, Toby! Why do you have to be the way you are?

Should I be getting that reference?

I wouldn't cut one frame of this film. Honestly, I was blown away. I would love to write a real review, but I'm still kind of out of it for some reason. I just can't seem to express it properly.

Country
    Country Flag

It was from The Office. I could've sworn you watched it but maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, glad you liked the movie. I'm reading a lot of reviews that praise the cinematography and performances, but how was the story/plot?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Security

Four out of Five

Die Hard in a mall with Antonio Bendyass and about ten percent too much cheesiness that kept it from being a five out of five. Don't even watch the trailer, just go in blind.

Oh, and in case it's not clear, Die Hard is a fun, action film with heart and explosions. So, hence, if you're one of the horrible, horrible, horrible people that seems to think movies like A Ghost Story and Melancholia are "true cinema/the highlight of arthouse movies/etc etc" then stay away from this movie, thanks.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

AHHH! Of course.

I loved The Office. It's been a while since I've watched it, but now I remember that quote. Well done.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    AHHH! Of course.

I loved The Office. It's been a while since I've watched it, but now I remember that quote. Well done.
    I had a mind fart as well on that one. Oh well. "Go home and get your fucking shine box!"
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just watched I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House on netflix. Loved it. Great little quite ghost story. Definitely unlike your typical horror film released these days. So if you're into tons of jump scares, this is not your movie. But if you like quite artsy types of films, with great atmosphere then I think you'll enjoy it. Has anyone here seen it?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

The atmosphere was incredible and I didn't have an issue with the pacing, but I would've liked a little more of a "meaty" plot and more background info.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Went back today and saw BLADE RUNNER 2049 in IMAX. MUCH better than the murky 3D version, incredible LOUD music (I sat in my favorite seat and there was hardly anyone there). 9 out of 10 all the way around.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Went back today and saw BLADE RUNNER 2049 in IMAX. MUCH better than the murky 3D version, incredible LOUD music (I sat in my favorite seat and there was hardly anyone there). 9 out of 10 all the way around.
    I sit through the credits normally and this time it was extra special. Loved the music:

I saw it in IMAX but I really wanted to see in it Dolby Cinema.

I hope 3D dies soon.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My, boys! I thought I was the only one that loved 2049. You guys are spot on. The soundtrack was amazing. I also agree with 3D. It's a fad and I'm glad it's fading. I've only seen a handful of films that have worked in 3D. Avatar, Dredd, Hugo and Ant-man come to mind.

My true IMAX theater didn't show 2049 unfortunately. Did you guys get to see it in true IMAX?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I still have a soft spot for 3D. I think the day needs to arrive where the glasses are totally gone... I feel we may get this when the next Avatar comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, there are few true IMAX theaters around. I'm not driving to New York City for a movie. The IMAX screens around me are great but they are not humongous. Does the job. I saw It in Dolby Cinema, however, and that was an even better experience, audio-visually.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I still have a soft spot for 3D. I think the day needs to arrive where the glasses are totally gone... I feel we may get this when the next Avatar comes out.

Well, the next big thing is virtual reality films. The only real issue with that, besides the astronomical cost of equipment, is the fact that VR only really works when seen from a first person view. That means every film will have to be seen from a first person view. That's just not going to work.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Well, there are few true IMAX theaters around. I'm not driving to New York City for a movie. The IMAX screens around me are great but they are not humongous. Does the job. I saw It in Dolby Cinema, however, and that was an even better experience, audio-visually.
    I hear ya. Mine is almost an hour away. You may or may not remember my Dunkirk story from this past summer. What a bummer. It just wasn't meant to be.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, the next big thing is virtual reality films. The only real issue with that, besides the astronomical cost of equipment, is the fact that VR only really works when seen from a first person view. That means every film will have to be seen from a first person view. That's just not going to work.
    Video games yes... movies no... I agree.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

We shall see. Steven Spielberg has already said that virtual reality is the future of film and I believe everything he says.

Country
    Country Flag

We shall see. Steven Spielberg has already said that virtual reality is the future of film and I believe everything he says.
    Haha he is the man. I don't deny that!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So a local park was showing Friday the 13th last night outside. So much fun. Funny thing, is that I've seen this movie a few times, and I don't know how this never clicked for me before, but they actually use the music to Psycho in it near the end. Another fun twist is that it's a reverse of Psycho. While Psycho is about a son and his dead mother, this one is about a mother and her dead son.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So a local park was showing Friday the 13th last night outside. So much fun. Funny thing, is that I've seen this movie a few times, and I don't know how this never clicked for me before, but they actually use the music to Psycho in it near the end. Another fun twist is that it's a reverse of Psycho. While Psycho is about a son and his dead mother, this one is about a mother and her dead son.
    Nice observations. I will have to keep that in mind when I watch. Yes, I've actually never seen Friday the 13th all the way through.

I played the NES game as a kid and it fucked me up pretty good. I've seen bits and pieces on TV.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My true IMAX theater didn't show 2049 unfortunately. Did you guys get to see it in true IMAX?
    The IMAX near me is what I call a "faux max" the nearest real IMAX is an hour away.
    I saw it on the largest indoor screen in our county, with Dolby Atmos sound, in 2D, and it was amazing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 296 of 441 FirstFirst ... 196 246 286 294 295 296 297 298 306 346 396 ... LastLast