Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties: new Stephen King novel with Owen King

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    My dealer informed me to meet him in Whitechapel at a time and date yet to be determined for pick up. Should I be concerned
    Thats quite funny as I was in Whitechapel at the weekend. My first born has just moved there....
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    The traditional purple WHSmith variant
    > https://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/s.../9781473675049

Dumb question, but why are they all purple? Isn't WHSMith blue?
    Thanks for posting. Preordered!

I tend to download most books to my Kindle app nowadays. I love paper books, but I just don't have the space, and the e-reader route is convenient and often cheaper. (Usually significantly cheaper than hardback books, but paperbacks often turn out cheaper for some reason. Something to do with tax I believe, in the UK. Is it the same Stateside? Don't get me wrong there are loads of really cheap books on kindle (some are even free) but not Stephen King books, in general. )

In this case the lovely purple variant was almost £2.00 cheaper than the kindle download though. And as I'm delivering to store, there's no postage to pay. And £10 for a hardback book is an absolute bargain.

Yeah, I'll find the space for that kind of deal.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

My dealer informed me to meet him in Whitechapel at a time and date yet to be determined for pick up. Should I be concerned
    Only if they want to meet at the "TEN BELLS".

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Imagine if WH Smith decided to go back and reissue ALL the books as Purple Limited's....

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Thats quite funny as I was in Whitechapel at the weekend. My first born has just moved there....
    Ok, now I'm not so worried

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Only if they want to meet at the "TEN BELLS".
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Imagine if WH Smith decided to go back and reissue ALL the books as Purple Limited's....

Probably make a killin'.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King - Owen King - Sleeping Beauties
    German Edition

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    German Edition
    Can't see the photo, Frank.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

German Edition
    The site isn't allowing access. Perhaps Frank can save it and upload elsewhere.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

So I saw on FB that the UK edition (1st printing) will have four different stamps on the boards - not good for the completist! Designs are: moth, snake, tiger and fox.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Has anyone read this yet, is it good? I'm really looking forward to it.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I have -- I liked it a lot. Its an interesting blend of voices, for sure. I have no idea who wrote what.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I have -- I liked it a lot. Its an interesting blend of voices, for sure. I have no idea who wrote what.
    Can you tell who wrote what in Talisman? I listening to it for like the 5th time and never had any inkling to who wrote what, unlike Black House where I thought about it from time to time.

Is there any humor to Sleeping Beauties? That's what I really liked about Double Feature

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Can you tell who wrote what in Talisman? I listening to it for like the 5th time and never had any inkling to who wrote what, unlike Black House where I thought about it from time to time.

Is there any humor to Sleeping Beauties? That's what I really liked about Double Feature
    With The Talisman, you can safely assume that any time you are sure a certain person wrote something, you're probably wrong! I have an easier time with Black House, because I have a substantial manuscript fragment that tells me who wrote what, and I know roughly when they handed it off to each other.

Yes, there is some humor in SB -- perhaps not at the level of Double Feature, but some.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

With The Talisman, you can safely assume that any time you are sure a certain person wrote something, you're probably wrong! I have an easier time with Black House, because I have a substantial manuscript fragment that tells me who wrote what, and I know roughly when they handed it off to each other.

Yes, there is some humor in SB -- perhaps not at the level of Double Feature, but some.
    Bev, does it have a true END of the World feel to it? I really like those types of novels. Thanks man!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Neat! Thanks Bev.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Bev, does it have a true END of the World feel to it? I really like those types of novels. Thanks man!
    Well -- it's a little bit early to get into specifics about the book. Let me say this -- there's something going on that affects the entire world, but the story focuses on one small community and how the crisis plays out there.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Well -- it's a little bit early to get into specifics about the book. Let me say this -- there's something going on that affects the entire world, but the story focuses on one small community and how the crisis plays out there.
    Those small community problems can be a bitch (Castle Rock, Derry, etc)

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    German Edition
    The site isn't allowing access. Perhaps Frank can save it and upload elsewhere.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/3453271440/...3992209&sr=1-1

Country
    Country Flag

I received my hardcover copy last night -- it's a freakin' brick.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A NEW GAME BEGINS

I received my hardcover copy last night -- it's a freakin' brick.
    That's probably why the book had this sticker on the front, eh?

Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's why mine came Fedex ground.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast