Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 216 of 254 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 214 215 216 217 218 226 ... LastLast
Results 5,376 to 5,400 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought 1408 was going to be crap but it was pretty good so I'll say as much if that's the case here. But every time I look its something worse. First they pretty much admit that they're using the 'cycle' bit as an excuse to just do their own thing and barely follow the books. Then the trailers make it look like some superhero/Matrix combo . Then we find out it's about 90 minutes long. Finally they say it's PG-13. They keep on finding ways to sink lower.

And what bothers me is I look at something like Mad Max: Fury Road, Logan, pretty much anything the Coen brothers have done lately or the American Gods series on Starz and it shows that something that at minimum is faithful to the spirit of King's work was in reach. We're not talking "Make the Silmarillion into a blockbuster hit". Even worse, Frank Darabont WANTED to do DT. The guy who took a short story about monsters invading a supermarket that would have been a Syfy original movie in anyone else's hands and turned it into something that people are still talking about today. And King turned him down. So at the end of the day if this is some disaster the blame is 100% on King's shoulders.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My desire for sequels only continues to grow in intensity. Even if we aren't receiving the full play-by-play, we may yet see select scenes and/or characters close to their literary counterparts (Eddie Dean, Blaine the Mono, Lud, the Wolves and so forth).

And, again, if this take on The Dark Tower is a hit, the odds of a straight(er) adaptation down the line only go UP thanks to instilled confidence.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://twitter.com/needledesign/sta...39073482735616
    Here are some designs i did for @SonyPictures a few months back fir @DarkTowerMovie starring @idriselba #DarkTower @StephenKing

Along the Path of the Beam fivethirtytwo is on a distinguished road fivethirtytwo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The entire Dark Tower OST has dropped on youtube. Have sifted through most of the tracks - these two are phenomenal:

https://youtu.be/iRQfu_I72I4
    https://youtu.be/-9GrJS7to50

If manners maketh man, soundtracks maketh the movie. This is a heartening start!
    "If a God watches over it all, does He actually mete out justice for a race of gnats among an infinitude of races of gnats?
    ...what must the nature of such a God be?"

The Gunslinger

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

J/w what do you guys/gals think of Robert Carlyle as Walter? I just realized my main issue with Matt here is he's too grim. If you look at Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin in Once Upon a Time, that's more or less how I imagine Walter to be in 'The Gunslinger'. He even has the titter down pat.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I like Carlyle and enjoyed the few times I saw him on Once Upon A Time (I don't watch it, but someone in the family used to so I saw some episodes). I think he'd do well in just about anything. Nice suggestion.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    https://twitter.com/needledesign/sta...39073482735616
    Here are some designs i did for @SonyPictures a few months back fir @DarkTowerMovie starring @idriselba #DarkTower @StephenKing
    These are phenomalea. The McC one looks to be inspired by his turn in True Detective.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fivethirtytwo View Post
    The entire Dark Tower OST has dropped on youtube. Have sifted through most of the tracks - these two are phenomenal:

https://youtu.be/iRQfu_I72I4
    https://youtu.be/-9GrJS7to50

If manners maketh man, soundtracks maketh the movie. This is a heartening start!
    LOVE Junkie XL, thanks for posting that!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Could be illegal, though. Junkie XL has his own YouTube channel where his albums are streamed officially: https://www.youtube.com/user/junkiex...ort=dd&view=50

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw the trailer at the cinema before Spider-man:Homecoming yesterday. Shouldn't be a surprise, this close to release, but it's nice to see it being advertised here in the UK. (I can't say if there have been trailers on the TV as my main exposure to TV is catchup.)
    Last edited by Brainslinger; 07-28-2017 at 06:58 PM. Reason: I removed the errant word 'bottom'.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    These are phenomalea. The McC one looks to be inspired by his turn in True Detective.
    I'd have liked to have seen red eyes...pinpricks, even...but the overall design is spot-on. Maybe glowing irises would be more in-line with his persona in The Stand?

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

I predict a "Good time no alcohol required" from Jeremy Johns And a C+ to a B from Chris Stuckman. My favorite youtube critics. Sorry I just don't think this movie will be bad.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I am hoping to see Andy (and many other characters.)
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What does that mean? I don't really do apps so I'm just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

Another underwhelming app. Much like the Sombra Group app.
    Beta testing (at best), and we are the mules.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Most likely.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Up until now I thought that the promo for THE DARK TOWER was quite low. Since this morning I must have seen some background display advertising for the movie on 5-10 websites, so I guess that they decided to go the digital way. Hope that it will pay off !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Beautiful.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. So this is similar to what (I think Patrick) shared awhile ago. You take a picture and then this app transposes something added over it or to it.

If anyone has done this and can share the photos it would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. So this is similar to what (I think Patrick) shared awhile ago. You take a picture and then this app transposes something added over it or to it.

If anyone has done this and can share the photos it would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Check out Patrick's avatar. That is the picture using the app to scan a page in entertainment Weekly, that created a 3-d like image of a rose.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guess who got TDT poster early!! Yes you got it ME!! They gave it to me today... How do I post a photo of it on the thread... It won't let me.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! Congrats, Mr. Sai Sheb. I am not sure how to upload here but I'm sure someone will chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Guess who got TDT poster early!! Yes you got it ME!! They gave it to me today... How do I post a photo of it on the thread... It won't let me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 216 of 254 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 214 215 216 217 218 226 ... LastLast