Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Musicals seem to be getting short changed here, so I submit my 6TH NOMINATION

Scene: Summer Nights
    Film: Grease
    Director:Randal Kleiser
    Year:1978
    Seconded

Was going to nominate something from grease. Was thinking of "you're the one that I want". Olivia Newton John was my first celebrity crush. I recall seeing it in the theater and they had an intermission. They just don't do that anymore. (I think Peter Jackson's movies could definitely use them).

Nomination #1?

Well lets stick with a Travolta theme. Debated about whether to use the opening scene with him walking down the street with a paint can. That scene is so iconic and often imitated, but then so is the scene I decided to nominate.

Scene: You Should be Dancing
    Movie : Saturday Night Fever
    Year : 1977
    Spoilers: No

Spoiler:
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    BTW - Do we still have a waiting period between seconding, etc?
    Just three now.
    Ah, I got a nope and thought there wasn't a waiting period any longer
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    How's the cat?
    Taking a massive dump!!! "MEOW! PLAP! PLAP PLAP! MEOW!" LOL!

NOMINATION # 13

Scene: Jinxers the Cat takes a wicked shit
    Film: Date Movie
    Director: Aaron Seltzer
    Year: 2006
    Spoiler: None

This is some funny shit. Literally! It's a bathroom Cat-astrophe! LOL! LOL!

A true classic.

Thirded!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How's the cat?
    Taking a massive dump!!! "MEOW! PLAP! PLAP PLAP! MEOW!" LOL!

NOMINATION # 13

Scene: Jinxers the Cat takes a wicked shit
    Film: Date Movie
    Director: Aaron Seltzer
    Year: 2006

This is some funny shit. Literally! It's a bathroom Cat-astrophe! LOL! LOL!

A true classic.

Thirded!!!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

BTW - Do we still have a waiting period between seconding, etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Nope
    Just three now.
    Ah, I got a nope and thought there wasn't a waiting period any longer
    Officially, it's three. In practice it seems to be nominate when you want, as it's clearly no longer being enforced.... Unless of course, your name is Merlin1958 - in which case you're fucked! LOL!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Musicals seem to be getting short changed here, so I submit my 6TH NOMINATION

Scene: Summer Nights
    Film: Grease
    Director:Randal Kleiser
    Year:1978
    Seconded

Was going to nominate something from grease. Was thinking of "you're the one that I want". Olivia Newton John was my first celebrity crush. I recall seeing it in the theater and they had an intermission. They just don't do that anymore. (I think Peter Jackson's movies could definitely use them).

Nomination #1?

Well lets stick with a Travolta theme. Debated about whether to use the opening scene with him walking down the street with a paint can. That scene is so iconic and often imitated, but then so is the scene I decided to nominate.

Scene: You Should be Dancing
    Movie : Saturday Night Fever
    Year : 1977
    Spoilers: No

Spoiler:
    I wish you had done the opening scene - I would have seconded that one in a heartbeat!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Someone go! I got a good one waiting!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

3rd - Ending Scene from Saving Private Ryan
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Not to be Debbie Downer or anything but the nomination process has been going on for about a month and a half now. Looking at the google sheet we have a grand total of 210 scenes that have been nominated. Out of that, only 66 have been seconded and third-ed to make it to the "officially in" status. We are supposed to get to a total of 256.

If it keeps up at this pace, it's going to be another 5-6 months before this thing even starts.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Not to be Debbie Downer or anything but the nomination process has been going on for about a month and a half now. Looking at the google sheet we have a grand total of 210 scenes that have been nominated. Out of that, only 66 have been seconded and third-ed to make it to the "officially in" status. We are supposed to get to a total of 256.

If it keeps up at this pace, it's going to be another 5-6 months before this thing even starts.
    Perhaps do away with the 3rd? How many do we have seconded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

61 have been seconded. That would get us halfway to our goal.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Yep.... that's the way it should be. All in favour??!??

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I have been saying for weeks that the requirement to "third" movie scenes is totally redundant.

I am definitely in favour of scrapping this bullshit rule! All scenes that are "seconded" should automatically become official entries.

Country
    Country Flag

I have been saying for weeks that the requirement to "third" movie scenes is totally redundant.

I am definitely in favour of scrapping this bullshit rule! All scenes that are "seconded" should automatically become official entries.
    1000%

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

1000%

Couldn't disagree more. If you can't get three people to like a scene then it has no chance to win. There are some real dogs that have been, and remain, only seconded. Leave it alone.

Country
    Country Flag

1000%

Couldn't disagree more. If you can't get three people to like a scene then it has no chance to win. There are some real dogs that have been, and remain, only seconded. Leave it alone.
    So what though? At the rate we are going it will be Xmas before the we get started voting. Thats just too long my man...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Yep.... that's the way it should be. All in favour??!??

1000%

Your argument would hold more water, if there were more members actually participating.

Given the low participation rate in this process, the requirement to third is simply not working as a viable way of selecting official entries. With the number of participants that we do have, I have noticed an extraordinary level of political/clique voting. Some scenes are not being selected, purely because of the person nominating them.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Still Servant - Second

Prom Disaster - Carrie

(Officially In)

I agree with Doc, I actually have a hard time finding scenes that have already been seconded that belong in my top 100. I know I'm biased, but I'm shocked the Bridge on the River Kwai scene, the Glengarry Glenn Ross scene, the Russian Roulette scene from Deer Hunter aren't officially in. I'm surprised the watch scene from Pulp Fiction hasn't been even seconded yet.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I agree with Doc, I actually have a hard time finding scenes that have already been seconded that belong in my top 100. I know I'm biased, but I'm shocked the Bridge on the River Kwai scene, the Glengarry Glenn Ross scene, the Russian Roulette scene from Deer Hunter aren't officially in. I'm surprised the watch scene from Pulp Fiction hasn't been even seconded yet.
    You want shocked? This scene from The Shawshank Redemption doesn't even have a "second" yet....

NOMINATION # 14

Scene: Rehabilitation
    Film: The Shawshank Redemption
    Director: Frank Darabont
    Year: 1994

"Ellis Boyd Redding, your files say you've served 40 years of a life sentence... Do you feel you've been rehabilitated?"

Thus the scene is set for one of the finest replies in the history of cinema....

Considering that this is a King site, and The Shawshank Redemption was also voted as being the "Best Film of all Time" in a previous tournament, I'm finding it difficult to understand why it is deemed unworthy to be an official entry....

Morgan Freeman was nominated for an Oscar for this performance FFS!!!

So what the fuck is going on here? Would it help if this scene was nominated by somebody else?

I know the thread is riddled with clique voting practices, but this is just taking the piss!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

You want shocked? This scene from The Shawshank Redemption doesn't even have a "second" yet....

NOMINATION # 14

"Ellis Boyd Redding, your files say you've served 40 years of a life sentence... Do you feel you've been rehabilitated?"

Thus the scene is set for one of the finest replies in the history of cinema....

Considering that this is a King site, and The Shawshank Redemption was voted as being the 'Best Film of all Time' in a previous tournament, I'm finding it difficult to understand why it is deemed unworthy to be an official entry....

So what the fuck is going on here? Would it help if this scene was nominated by somebody else?

I know this thread is riddled with clique voting practices, but this is just taking the piss!!!!
    I'll third this damm scene right now bro

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, going out of my comfort zone here. Wanted to start acknowledging scenes from movies I have never seen.

Second: I'll Be With You In a Minute, Mr. Peabody - Bringing Up Baby

So I little context would be nice. Is the woman in the scene really that ditzy, or is she just messing with the guy for some reason?

Nomination #1?

Scene: Delicious Breeze
    Movie: Seven year itch
    Year: 1955
    Spoilers: unfortunately no

Spoiler:
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION # 14

Considering that this is a King site, and The Shawshank Redemption was also voted as being the "Best Film of all Time" in a previous tournament, I'm finding it difficult to understand why it is deemed unworthy to be an official entry....

Morgan Freeman was nominated for an Oscar for this performance FFS!!!

I know the thread is riddled with clique voting practices, but this is just taking the piss!!!!
    Dude chill, there are lots of scenes on my list to second. I am considering this one, but honestly dude you have a lot of scenes in already. Me, just 3. I could complain just as much about why iconic scenes from Dirty Harry movies are not in. I mean you hear people quote these all the time. Even president Reagan quoted it in a speach. What about the scene from Stand by Me. That too is from a very loved SK movie. And what about the scene from fast times at ridgemont high. That scene is voted the #1 nude scene of all time by Mr. Skin. Is it too taboo to vote a scene with nudity?

Honestly lots of people have scenes they are scratching their heads wondering why it hasn't been seconded yet.

Meanwhile there are scenes that are in that I just shake my head over. Sharknado?, the best scene in that series shouldn't make the top 1million scenes of all time. A cat with diarhea, really?

BTW, really surprised you haven't seconded (or been the one to nominate) the "Say hello to my little friend" scene. Wasn't that your avatar for the longest time?
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Given the low participation rate in this process, the requirement to third is simply not working as a viable way of selecting official entries. With the number of participants that we do have, I have noticed an extraordinary level of political/clique voting. Some scenes are not being selected, purely because of the person nominating them.
    Some scenes are being selected because of the person nominating them too.

We probably will have to do away with the thirds. I expected a bit more consensus, but people keep saying out of 200+ nominating scenes there isn't anything they want to second, which continuously surprises me, especially since there are some non-seconded scenes which seem they'd be more beloved than some which are officially in. I wasn't expecting people to be this picky.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Some scenes are being selected because of the person nominating them too.

We probably will have to do away with the thirds. I expected a bit more consensus, but people keep saying out of 200+ nominating scenes there isn't anything they want to second, which continuously surprises me, especially since there are some non-seconded scenes which seem they'd be more beloved than some which are officially in. I wasn't expecting people to be this picky.

For the record, there are at least 8 nominations I would second or third, if allowed to do them all at once. There are also 2 or 3 I am on the fence about, and I would guesstimate there are 20 or so I have never watched yet. (note this is why it was so important to me that the spreadsheet have the links, Thank you so much for doing this T-Dogz). I just finally got around to viewing the scene I seconded a few hours ago.

At the start I was mostly seconding scenes of moview that I didn't even need to watch to know if I was going to nominate it. But now I am trying to give credit to scenes from movies I have never seen. As a couple of people have already pointed out, these movies have a disadvantage due to loss of context.

BTW, just curious how many people have nominated scenes from movies they have never seen. So far I have done it 3 times. (well, I think I have never seen Casablanca, but I might have, but if I did I have forgotten most of it).
    I have also seconded at least 2 scenes I have never seen before (maybe more).
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey just curious, has anybody else been having issues posting messages? I occasionally get an error that it can't be submitted because the token has expired, or something like that. I think this only happens with this thread, but I could be wrong. To fix it I usually have to go to another page and then back to the current page. Just reloading the page doesn't fix it. This has been happening for about the last 2 or 3 weeks.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast