Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Castle Rock Newsletter - index

Threaded View

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Default Castle Rock Newsletter - index

Mods, please merge this with an appropriate other thread if necessary.

I am going through my set of CR Newsletters right now and at first I thought I was missing an issue. But after closer inspection of the issue #'s and dates I'm not so sure. It appears that the issue numbering and dating isn't always straightforward, and there are also several typos (same issue # on different issues) by the editors. So, I thought I'd provide an index of the newsletters that may serve as a reference for those looking to acquire a full set. I have highlighted the 'discrepancies'. Additions/corrections are welcome.

Note 1: I counted 59 issues, published in 54 separate newsletters. This may be helpful info when a set is listed as 'full' and the seller provides a number.
    Note 2: the first four issues of volume 1 were issued in a different format and they appear to exist in two 'states'. Relevant quotes from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle
    The 1st 4 issues are the tricky ones because they are on regular letter paper and not a newspaper type of paper. Easier to get fakes. There is an "original" stamp on the real ones, but probably can be faked pretty easy too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlosdetweiller
    This is what I think. I have no first hand knowledge but, here goes: The publishers of Castle Rock newspaper noticed an increased demand for the first four issues sometime after the fourth or fifth issue was published. I think the increased demand was because of serializing the short story "Dolan's Cadillac." They still had some issues on hand of the first four issues so they stamped these remaining issues "Original" and stamped the later printings as later printings. But the bulk of the initial run of the first four issues were already in subscriber's/collector's hands and, of course, are not stamped as "Original." So, copies of the first four issues without any stamping at all are first printings. Does that make sense? The lack of any stamping is also an indicator of a first printing.
    Volume 1 - 1985

#01 - January
    #02 - February
    #03 - March
    #04 - April
    #05 - May
    #06 - June
    #07 - July
    #07 - August
    #09 - September
    #10 - October
    #11 - November
    #12 - December

Volume 2 - 1986

#01 - January
    #02 - February
    #03 - March
    #04 - April
    #05 - May
    #06 - June
    #07 - July
    #08 - August
    #09 - September
    #10 - October
    #11 - November

Volume 3 - 1987

#01 - December 1986/January 1987 (one issue # for two months)
    #02 - February
    #03 - March
    #04 + #05 - April/May (two issues in a single newsletter)
    #06 - June
    #07 - July
    #08 - August
    #09 - September
    #10 - October
    #11 - November

Volume 3 issue #11 [December 1987] and Volume 4 issue #01 [January 1988] in a single newsletter

Volume 4 - 1988

#02 - February
    #03 - March
    #05 - April
    #05 + #06 - May (two issues in a single newsletter, only the month of May is specified)
    #07 - July
    #08 - August
    #09 - September
    #10 - October
    #11 - November
    #12 - December

Volume 5 - 1989

#01 - January
    #02 - February
    #03 - March
    #04 - April
    #05 - May
    #06 - June
    #07 - July
    #08 - August
    #09 + #10 - September/October (two issues in a single newsletter)
    #11 - November
    #12 - December
    Last edited by biomieg; 05-28-2012 at 02:04 AM.