Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Why Different For Susannah?

Threaded View

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    A perfect ending (for me at least, a perfect ending)
    by Letti

Spoiler:
    They all were there and they couldn't believe it. Death was always behind them it was sitting on their back laughing and they could feel its disturbing breath on their necks so many times. Still, they were all there.
    Eddie was holding Susannah's hand but they couldn't look at each other. Their eyes got hooked on the Dark Tower and they felt they could stand there hand in hand forever.
    Roland felt that he was trembling inside so hard he could hardly notice anything else but the Tower but then somehow he felt Jake thoughts... "I don't want to lose him. I don't want to lose my father... Gan... I should try not to cry."
    Roland turned back and he looked at Jake. The boy who was old and so young at the same time was standing there with tears in his eyes. He couldn't hide them.
    "You know" - started Roland with a big sigh - "I always felt I would get here alone. It was such a strong feeling that right now..."
    "You don't know what to do." - finished Susannah.
    "Exactly."
    "But you must go, mustn't you?" - asked Jake with a really cold voice. With a real gunslinger voice. His hot tears were burning his eyes still his heart got cold. Jake hated the Tower with every cell of his true heart.
    It hurt Roland.
    He didn't answer. He couldn't.
    He was sure Eddie would say something really funny soon but his ka-brother was just standing there like a perfect statue watching him with curious and sad eyes.
    "You know..." - started Roland after a long hesitation - "It looks all right, doesn't it? I mean... It looks absolutely healthy..." but he couldn't finish his sentence because Jake ran there and hugged him so hard that he could hardly breathe.
    Now Jake was crying.
    They hugged each other for long minutes and Eddie and Susannah let them be alone a little bit.
    Jake didn't want to ease his hand because he was afraid if he ever let Roland get out of his hands he would change his mind immediately. Roland knew it and felt it and he let the boy hug him as long as he needed it.
    First time after thousands of years Roland didn't know where to go.
    What to do.
    Still, he felt incredibly free. He felt his heart could blow up anytime. But wouldn't it be a beautiful death?
    It would.
    It would indeed.

Yeah...
    I am a dreamer.
    It's a nice dream. But... who rules Mid-World? What will become of the people?

R_of_G: The question of "Why did *I* survive, when others died?" is a common one. God only knows. In this case, God might be Stephen King... or not. Anyway, having different fates for no apparent reason is at least not unrealistic.
    Last edited by Letti; 12-11-2010 at 07:17 AM.