Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
No but I've watched some let's plays. It's definitely good. But Thief was revolutionary. That word gets tossed around but in this case it's actually true. The original game came out in 1998 and fan missions are still being made and played to this day, 22 years later! And just from an overall design aesthetic it's never been matched, in my opinion. The mood and sound design is otherworldly and again unmatched in games. If one never played it back when it originally came out, I understand looking back and playing it now is a different experience. But it's like movies. Citizen Kane or Seven Samurai are rightly often called the best films ever made because they are, despite the limitations of their age. So we have to appreciate them and not compare to new movies because filming technologies and acting styles were so different back then.
Ironically enough, The Last of Us has been referred to as the Citizen Kane of gaming lol.

I was marginally interested in Thief back when the 2014 was first announced, but it looks like a less lively, less fun version of Dishonored.