Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: I know I don't really post, but please some advice, gunslingers? =(

Along the Path of the Beam Ka-Shume is on a distinguished road Ka-Shume's Avatar

Default I know I don't really post, but please some advice, gunslingers? =(

If you have any advice to give please say it, I'll eat it up, I'm so lost on how to handle this.

The other day me and my friend were riding bikes in this big cement area, I had a "marijuana pipe" on me. A cop came and without going into detail, I got caught with my bowl. They gave me a summons to go to the court in my local town, which is right down the street, luckily they didn't make me go to the bigger one.

Anyway, I have to go later today. I'm pretty confounded on what is going to happen and how to handle it. How does this work?

Who all is in the room? Who speaks first? What do they say? If they ask me if I have anything to say for myself, what should I say? Should I apologize? Will they not take me seriously if I apologize? I'm sure they'll ask why they shouldn't suspend my license, what should I say? I figured I should say that I'm in college, and actively looking for a job, and that I have to drive 30 minutes away sometimes to help take care of my grandparents. Will that hit home at all? What other kinds of things should I say?

Any general advice on a plan of attack would be so helpful. Like damn, I could just about beg for some advice from now.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

You should look that judge straight in the eye and say, "Look your Honor, I understand your position. I understand that what I did is against the law. But I must say that I see this law as being about as relevant as a law that says I can't drive my horse and buggy down Main Street on market day. It's the law...but it's a bad one. I truly believe that good people break bad laws...just as women that wore thong bikinis back in the 80s broke outdated decency laws and got those laws changed. Oh! And since we're on the subject do you wear pants under your robe?"

(that last bit will work even better if it's a female judge and you eye her lecherously when you ask)

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, never fear. They know perfectly well that guys like Cozener would say all of what he just posted, and that most kids would get all teary about their grandparents & whatever. At this point, you've already been, right? So, let me guess, you stood in line and got handed a plea bargain when your name was called. Right? Had absolutely minimal chance to talk at all with anyone? Only minor mystery to me is the precise size of your fine... has your town been having budget issues lately?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't play the sympathy card. Just be as straight forward as possible. You know you broke the law, and you apologize etc, etc. Just remember that it's nothing from another world, this kinda shit happens all the time. Hell, most of my friends have gotten caught with weed at some point or another.

I wish the cops in L.A were nice enough to hand out court summons. The cop that caught me and my friends with weed snatched the bong out of our hands, smashed on the street, and told us to get the fuck out of there

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I got caught with it before. The cop just took my weed. (gee, wonder what he did with it). A friend of mine got caught with it the cop made him dump the weed on the street and he took his shoe and ground it into dust then kicked it into traffic. Honestly, its a law that is only randomly enforced. Why they just don't take it off the books is mind boggling to me. I guess to many people make too much money from pharmaceuticals that could be replaced by weed.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    I guess to many people make too much money from pharmaceuticals that could be replaced by weed.
    Property seized in drug raids doesn't have to be returned even if the suspect is found innocent.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

am I the bitch for saying the answer is Don't do drugs?

srsly tho, if its a minor amount and your first criminal offense you should be ok unless they are looking at you to be made an example of for others.
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

also if you just had a pipe and no pot to smoke in it...isnt that just considered Getting caught with drug paraphernalia? Is that better or worse. I dont know any of this stuff really lol
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by ErinPatricia View Post
    am I the bitch for saying the answer is Don't do drugs?
    Only if you're trying to be a bitch about it.

Apparently there is enough controversy on the medical efficacy of marijuana that 14 states and the District of Columbia allow medical marijuana use.

Wouldn't it be nice if the world was not so screwed up that people felt the need to self-medicate to abate their pain - physical or mental (alcohol and tobacco included, thankyewverymuch)?

ETA: I strongly disagree with the seizure laws. I see them as a means of corruption. When the government can take your shit because of suspicion of drug use but not give it back even if you are proven innocent, then we are clearly not enforcing drug laws for public safety but to line the government's larders.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"