4 28.57%
  • Jason- Friday the 13th

0 0%
  • Chuckie- Child's Play etc

0 0%
  • Ghostface- Scream

1 7.14%

Thread: Favorite Horror Series

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Favorite Horror Series

What/who is your favorite horror series/killer? I'm sorry if I left out any ones that our peoples's favorite but I tried to cover the most popular/iconic ones
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for Nightmare because it really scared teh piss outta me when I was all of say, 12 or 13 years old.
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Freddy got my vote, but I love all those series (well maybe not Chucky)

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Went for Halloween, but only because of the first movie.
    Carpenter did an amazing job.

Hm...but then again, I loved the first Nightmare as well....
    Oh well, Halloween it is.

sk

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I, too, went with Halloween, because of the first two films. I remember being absolutely stunned when I realized that the sequel was the same night as the first.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Of the choices offered, I'd have to go with Michael Myers. The character just radiated doom. No snappy quips, no trademarked sound effect, just crap-your-pants dread.

I'd like to give honorable mention to Pinhead of Clive Barker's Hellraiser series though.

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

First character I thought of when i read the topic Ric although personally my most iconic would be not a single character but rather the ensemble of the Puppet Master's brood

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted Nightmare, I watched and loved all of them growing up (even F vs J) but Halloween was a close second. I know probably no one would agree with me but Halloween IV was actually my favorite (after that I feel like it went downhill), I liked the ending and Meyers creepiness factor the whole movie. But Freddy will always be king, he can get you in your dreams
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Totally agree with the comments about Halloween. Michael didn't piss around with one liners etc, and just gotcha!
    And of course I loved it every time Loomis screamed "He's alive!"

Have to say, I loved Rob Zombies remake. I wish he had of done the Nightmare remake....

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I did not see the Nightmare remake and really have no inclination to after what i have heard about it.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Mike Myers. Definitely the creepiest, especially while doing very little.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh special mention needs to go to the Evil Dead series. Whilke not the "bad guy" killer, Ash was still one of the best characters in a horror movie series....

"Yo she-bitch, lets go"

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Totally agree with the comments about Halloween. Michael didn't piss around with one liners etc, and just gotcha!
    And of course I loved it every time Loomis screamed "He's alive!"

Have to say, I loved Rob Zombies remake. I wish he had of done the Nightmare remake....
    Hell technically it wasn't even a "remake", it was a TRUE ripoff. Craven himself admitted as such; you can find stories all over the web. the new director ripped off Craven's original script character for character scene for scene line for line with the sole exception of changing FK from a killer to a molester, which is like telling a guy that "your plan sucked, you should've gone with your original idea". Craven confesses to being outraged, forcing New Line to remove his name and all association to him from the film, and suing everyone directly associated with the production for plagiarism. Hollywood has never experienced a more blatant plagiarism nor greater backlash by a purist fan base (literally every single fan of the original i've spoken to was FURIOUS about the "molester" bit), nor is it known for such, as the books-butchered-by-their-film-counterparts adaptations would deduce. Although it's quite obvious the idiot who fucked up the golden goose would be an ideal choice for any future book-to-film adaptation