Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Auction #2--Slipcased, PC copy of S/L Dreamquest: The Art of Don Maitz

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Auction #2--Slipcased, PC copy of S/L Dreamquest: The Art of Don Maitz

Many thanks to Don for this wonderful contribution to our fundraiser and Juliana for making it happen.

Auction #2
    Dreamquests: The Art of Don Maitz
    Presentation Copy--0/300
    Remarque and signed by Don Maitz

Don Maitz is a top Fantasy and Science Fiction illustrator. Through books such as this one, everybody can share in his paintings. You will find some of the best contemporary art our field has to offer, by a recognized master of the form. So relax read on, and enjoy.

-Michael Whelan (from the book)

This book is beautifully remarqued as shown below and has a cover price of $30.00. Please bid on this item if you can.

Starting Price: $40.00
    Auction Begins: 1/6/10
    Auction Ends: 1/11/10

The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Love that remarque. Very generous of Mr. Maitz to donate and quite nice of Juliana to facilitate!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Love that remarque. Very generous of Mr. Maitz to donate and quite nice of Juliana to facilitate!
    Yes, very generous and a gorgeous book and remarque !!!!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I opened it a bit higher than the minimum, but my $75 has already been outbid.

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe it but I think my anxiety over our ability this year may be going down!

Thanks to Jerome who notified me of some serious typos in this auction, they are fixed now.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh darn, I was kinda wishing you'd leave the typos - in hopes that they would keep the bidding down.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I was surprised anyone bid on it at all with that information. I typed the excerpt myself from the book and it went badly.

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love Don Maitz's art...therefore $100 bid

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Woohoo!! Thanks so much agrabin

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Outbid again? Drat!

It is a very cool remarque.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry Patrick..I just want to get more involved with everyone and everything this year..having said that, no doubt one of the 'big guns' will come along and blast me out of the water - my name is Alex by the way...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Outbid again? Drat!

It is a very cool remarque.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

No worries, Alex. It's all for a good cause. Good luck!

My Mood
    Gay

Holy Smokes!

This auction ends today !!

In an hour or so actually !!!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, this auction is closed now.

Thanks to Randall Flagg for his generous bid.

My Mood
    Gay

Congrats Jerome !!
    Such an awesome remarque !!!

Country
    Country Flag

So disappointed to have missed this one...I just wasn't able to get logged on to see out the end of the auction.
    Anyway, great buy and congratulations Jerome.