Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Movie List

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Heather, what did you think of Star Trek? I saw it in the theater, so I can't count it here in the 2010 list. I am old school Kirk/Spock/Bones fan, not so much the later series.
    Well I'll start by saying that I've never been a Star Trek fan, but I had heard so many good things about it so I thought I'd give this one a shot. So I didn't go in with any expectations other than thinking I might not enjoy it that much. That said, I thought it was just ok. To me it seemed like they were just setting everything up and putting everything in place. If they make a second one, I think I'll like that one a lot more since that's now all taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    I still haven't seen Avatar. I just wonder, if it is a good movie just for its visual features or it has a lot more than that.
    I've been wondering the same thing. This one doesn't interest me at all, but now I've been wondering if there's more to it than I thought.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Heather, what did you think of Star Trek? I saw it in the theater, so I can't count it here in the 2010 list. I am old school Kirk/Spock/Bones fan, not so much the later series.
    Well I'll start by saying that I've never been a Star Trek fan, but I had heard so many good things about it so I thought I'd give this one a shot. So I didn't go in with any expectations other than thinking I might not enjoy it that much. That said, I thought it was just ok. To me it seemed like they were just setting everything up and putting everything in place. If they make a second one, I think I'll like that one a lot more since that's now all taken care of.

I still haven't seen Avatar. I just wonder, if it is a good movie just for its visual features or it has a lot more than that.
    I've been wondering the same thing. This one doesn't interest me at all, but now I've been wondering if there's more to it than I thought.
    I am not a huge fan either, but I have seen many Star Trek episodes and some movies. So it has a big influence on my childhood. But, I understand you when I consider your taste in movies which is close to me. I believe in having different expectations, shaped by the directors mostly, for different movies. That is why I am rarely dissappointed. I can say I really loved this Star Trek movie because the way they refreshed the story is satisfying. Of course I wouldn't compare it to the deepness of some movies we both like.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

This year I'm only doing movies that I watched in theaters

2009 Movie List

1. Avatar
    2. The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If I did that I'm sure I'd have no list.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

no 2009 list

2010 films for candy - late start

1.Spaceballs
    2. Bridge to Terabithia
    3. In Bruges (re-watch)

2009 Movie List
    Maléfique
    Punch Drunk Love
    Let the Right One In
    The Isle
    Needful Things
    The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
    The Assassination of Jesse James
    Saw VI

*Heather, I really liked The Assassination of Jesse James, too, but not the way I loved, adored The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.*

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2010 Movie List:

Lost Colony
    The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
    Daybreakers
    Monsters, Inc.
    Four Christmases
    The Happening
    Up
    Charlie Wilson's War
    National Treasure
    Star Wars : Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Life is a garden...dig it!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

*Heather, I really liked The Assassination of Jesse James, too, but not the way I loved, adored The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.*
    But the cinematography is just breathtaking in Jesse James isn't it. And I knew you'd love The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. I'm so glad you finally got to see them.

Oh, and a little sidenote, did you know that most think that Cesare was the inspiration for Edward Scissorhand's costume? And you can definitely tell that this film highly influenced Burton as a director.

But the cinematography is just breathtaking in Jesse James isn't it. And I knew you'd love The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. I'm so glad you finally got to see them.

Oh, and a little sidenote, did you know that most think that Cesare was the inspiration for Edward Scissorhand's costume? And you can definitely tell that this film highly influenced Burton as a director.
    Yeah, definitely it is.
    Oh, really? I haven't known that. but I had realised some details in the set -like the swirly things, all that violent angles...- were very similar to Burton's style. Perfect.

Harvey
    Star Trek
    The House by the Cemetery
    Zombie
    The Witches of Eastwick
    Thirst
    Up in the Air

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, definitely it is.
    Oh, really? I haven't known that. but I had realised some details in the set -like the swirly things, all that violent angles...- were very similar to Burton's style. Perfect.
    If you like Burton's imagery, you'd love all the German expressionist movies. They date back to the 1930s and all have those weird angles. Burton was inspired by a lot of those films

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Up in the Air
    Sherlock Holmes
    Man on Wire
    Food Inc.
    The Pledge
    For Apache, The Bronx
    Crank 2
    This Boy's Life
    Angels With Dirty Faces
    The Express
    The Taking of Pelham 123 (remake)
    A.I.
    ...All The Marbles
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

2010 films

1.Spaceballs
    2. Bridge to Terabithia
    3. In Bruges
    4. premonition
    5. happy feet
    6. a life less ordinary

Harvey
    Star Trek
    Zombie
    The Witches of Eastwick
    Thirst
    Up in the Air
    Saam Gaang (Three)
    V for Vendetta
    Tell No One
    Daybreakers

Melike, I absolutely loved Memories and Going Home.
    Memories was just beautifully shot and had this surreal dreamlike quality to it that I know we both love in films. Going Home was quite interesting. It was pretty disturbing until the end when you find out that there is so much more going on. What did you think of The Wheel? I just couldn't get into that one at all.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*Updated*

2009 Movie List

1. Avatar
    2. The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus
    3. Avatar (2nd viewing)

Harvey
    Star Trek
    Zombie
    The Witches of Eastwick
    Thirst
    Up in the Air
    Saam Gaang (Three)
    V for Vendetta
    Tell No One
    Daybreakers

Melike, I absolutely loved Memories and Going Home.
    Memories was just beautifully shot and had this surreal dreamlike quality to it that I know we both love in films. Going Home was quite interesting. It was pretty disturbing until the end when you find out that there is so much more going on. What did you think of The Wheel? I just couldn't get into that one at all.
    Awww! You watched it! x infinity
    Memories and Going Home... *sigh* I re-watched these lots of times but I skipped The Wheel everytime. The story is told too directly. I am with you about it.

2009 Movie List
    Maléfique
    Punch Drunk Love
    Let the Right One In
    The Isle
    Needful Things
    Saw VI
    Motorcycle Diaries
    The Crow
    Dorian Gray
    500 Days of Sumer
    Brothers
    Up In the Air
    The Brood

The Brood was awesome. I will see Scanners trilogy soon.

What'd you think of Brothers and Up in the Air Melike?

I liked Brothers. Because it is so real.
    I didn't like Up In the Air. And I am generally a positive person.
    You?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to watch Up In The Air ...

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Alexander
    Final Destination 2 (rewatch)
    Dead Snow
    The Tournament
    The Thaw
    Saw VI

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

You?
    I loved Brothers. It was one of my favorites from last year.
    And I'm so glad I'm not alone concerning Up in the Air I really was beginning to think I might be the only one who wasn't in love with it. I really just don't get all the hype concerning it. Feev, please let me know what you think of it when you see it.

You?
    I loved Brothers. It was one of my favorites from last year.
    And I'm so glad I'm not alone concerning Up in the Air I really was beginning to think I might be the only one who wasn't in love with it. I really just don't get all the hype concerning it. Feev, please let me know what you think of it when you see it.
    Hmm... I really don't see anything special about it. Brothers was good. The acting, the story...

2009 Movie List
    Maléfique
    Punch Drunk Love
    Let the Right One In
    The Isle
    Needful Things
    Saw VI
    Motorcycle Diaries
    The Crow
    Dorian Gray
    500 Days of Sumer
    Brothers
    Up In the Air
    The Brood
    The Tiger and the Snow
    Shine

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

2010 films

1.Spaceballs
    2. Bridge to Terabithia
    3. In Bruges
    4. premonition
    5. happy feet
    6. a life less ordinary
    7. enemy mine
    8. ark of truth

Harvey
    Star Trek
    Zombie
    The Witches of Eastwick
    Thirst
    Up in the Air
    Saam Gaang (Three)
    V for Vendetta
    Tell No One
    Daybreakers
    Brødre
    Up
    Moon

Melike, so you gave in and watched Avatar as well. What'd you think of it?

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast