Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Auction #1--The Long Road Home Flatsigned by Stephen King

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Auction #1--The Long Road Home Flatsigned by Stephen King

Auction #1
    The Long Road Home Omnibus
    Flatsigned by Stephen King

This item was signed by Steve as a personal gesture to the site. We are using it to launch our fundraiser this year so I hope it draws a lot of interest.

I checked Ebay for an item like this and there was not one out there. I think most people would choose against bringing one of the omnibus' to a signing so it may be very rare.

Bidding will start at: $100.00

Bidding will begin: 1/1/10

I am still working out the new auction system, this one may have to go on dtbay but I will make sure it is well advertised on the site.

I am also going to let the SKMB know that it is going up for auction.

Matt
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oooooohhhh...shiny.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad you like.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Like, but sadly can't afford. Oh well. I'll just be jealous of the person who wins it.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, same here. I just hope we aren't all too far gone to pick up some items (or make some donations) this year.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, a donation is definitely going to happen.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree.

Unfortunately it's just so soon after christmas that I can't even consider meeting the starting bid.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree.

Unfortunately it's just so soon after christmas that I can't even consider meeting the starting bid.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope its not too high and people would tell me if it was.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it's too high. It's just in my case too high too soon after the holidays.

If you rescue me

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is not too high for a item like that. I can imagine it will sell for quite a bit more.

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I sure hope so, it would be a great way to get the fund raiser started.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hate to post twice but Ms. Mod posted a pic of the sig when I announced the auction over there.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

How long does the auction run for?

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

GREAT signature and inscription!!!! As for rarity, I would think so. I don't know of anyone who woul bring one of the Dt comics for King to sign if they could bring one of his books instead. All of King's signings have been for the book being released for the last couple of years I think. I should say, I am not aware of King signing anything but the current book at his signings since the Three Kings signing/reading.

The value for this one should be equal to any of the latest signed books by King. Given the inscription, maybe a little more. Price though is a different story, especially with Christmas having just passed.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll bid $100, Matt, just to get things started.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    How long does the auction run for?
    Auction will run for 5 full days.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info, Matt.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice JameseyLefebure is on a distinguished road JameseyLefebure's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

oh my lord I want this!!!!
    I don't have $100 though

would you be willing to accept a husband, child and my soul

seriously - amazing item Matt!!!

Jamesey
    xx

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, if souls were acceptable I bet I could get at least a dollar's worth of bidding out of mine...on a good day.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I'll bid $100, Matt, just to get things started.
    Thanks Patrick,that is a great beginning.

Make sure you actually post the bid when I get the thing started on Jan 1st.

oh my lord I want this!!!!
    I don't have $100 though

would you be willing to accept a husband, child and my soul

seriously - amazing item Matt!!!

Jamesey
    I really wish I could take that stuff, it is like stealing diamonds though...you have to know people to turn the product.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt: I can hook you up.

If you rescue me

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Wow, if souls were acceptable I bet I could get at least a dollar's worth of bidding out of mine...on a good day.
    But you'll have to wait for March 14th, 2014 for that day to come Brice. That's the only day that I see on my calendar where the soul to cash conversion is enough in your favor to equal one US dollar.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool item to kick things off, Matt!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

perty!!

And I am broke!

Damn kids wanting stuff for Christmas!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast