Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Real world places in The Dark Tower *Spoilers*

John F. Kennedy Malice is on a distinguished road Malice's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Real world places in The Dark Tower *Spoilers*

I'm shocked still to find places used in The Dark Tower that are real. I have read The Road to the Dark Tower which points at one such location, but other books disecting the series might point out more I guess.

Two I know of being real are the Turtle Pocket Park and the Vacant Lot. I have seen some more that flatly creeped me out but I don't have much info on them yet so I won't post them. Anyone else find any?

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this is probably better posted in Gilead, where most DT specific topics live
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

John F. Kennedy Malice is on a distinguished road Malice's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, I'm new. Still trying to figure out were everything gets posted.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Malice. I'll relocate this to the best area.

Traveler Hammsangwich is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    I'm shocked still to find places used in The Dark Tower that are real. I have read The Road to the Dark Tower which points at one such location, but other books disecting the series might point out more I guess.

Two I know of being real are the Turtle Pocket Park and the Vacant Lot. I have seen some more that flatly creeped me out but I don't have much info on them yet so I won't post them. Anyone else find any?
    Gage Park in Topeka is real, complete with a working children's train that runs around the park. The Zoo is close by too.

The Lovell, ME in the book is close to reality too, with Keeywadin Lake.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

does the train remind you of "Charlie-The Choo-Choo?

Traveler Saintmatthew is on a distinguished road

I've been to where the vacant lot, and later the tet corporation building is supposed to be in NY. Went NYE 2004-2005. There was a pretty cool looking building there vaguely like the illustration in Song of Susannah and a fence around a grassy/tree-filled area across the street. It was pretty strange to see it and be there.