I have tried to read DT twice in the past and got hung up both times when he starts talking about Odetta/Detta in The Drawing of The Three.

Well about a month ago I decided I would start the series and make it through if I had to chain the second book to my hand and tape my eyes open. Well, it almost came to that this time, I did put the book down only a few pages into the whole background on O/Detta but then just sat down one morning and plowed through it. I have to say this is the first time I skipped a few pages in one of his books just so I could get through it, but it worked (maybe next time I will be able to read them all). Once through the first few pages of background on her it got much better--
Spoiler:
even if I did loath Detta
--and I was hooked.

I have now finished The Drawing of The Three and am so glad I did, it was a very good story, although I may have to repair the cover on the couch from the tears during some of the suspenseful parts.

On to The Wastelands--right now.

I just want to thank all you wonderful people for being here an making this community so wonderful. If not for this place it would have been more then awhile before I tackled this task.