Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What are you?

Big Pants; Little Feet Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rabbits are some of the nicest people, though, Brian. I've never known a rabbit I didn't like.
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

Discord Tag: Can*/Tommy (They/Them pronouns)#5588

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Candice Dionysus View Post
    I've never known a rabbit I didn't like.
    I wish that I could say the same.
    (Not aimed at you in any way, tho, Brian. )

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I believe quite the opposite - namely, that we're all individual personae, each perfectly unique - but probably that is for another thread.
    Yes, I do believe we are all individuals that are unique in our own ways. But, I also believe that we are all one together. The same as if you look at all the individual continents, oceans, etc. They are all individual things. But...if you look at it from another view. It is all Earth: ONE being.
    I think we all have our own certain purpose for being here, for existing. And I think we rely on everyone and everything around us without even realizing it. Call it fate, call it cause and effect. To me, it's the same.
    Either way..we are billions of atoms all contained in one thing called existence.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would still emphasize the personal (= individual soul) over the generic (humankind, all Earth, whatever)

Brian: do you know that in the Chinese calendar the year of rabbit is also the year of the Cat?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Alright, well, in a simplified choice between
    Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    I believe that we are all ONE , and so in this way we all are the same divine being experienceing life together, for the benifit of our creator.
    and
    I believe quite the opposite - namely, that we're all individual personae, each perfectly unique.
    The one most closely describing my own belief is
    we're all individual personae, each perfectly unique

As for the animals, not only can I NOT say that I am a single archetype creature, I don't even really believe in "having" a single totem. Rather, the spirit is defined by a collective assemblange: the totem pole. However, the base of mine really is and always has been Turtle.
    (Y'all knew that, already, yeh?)

~ yours truly
    <-- path vv
    Funny to see we feel the same about the Totem Pole I guess mine'd start with a Scorpio since I've always related so much with the personality associated with that Zodiac sign. I associate a lot with reptiles like snakes and turtles but I don't think any person is ONE animal.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I am a pixie. I didn't decide this on my own, it was decided for me by several unrelated parties. The why is simple, I am short, little and mischevious.

EDIT: OH & I'm really cute, too.
    Last edited by Ves'Ka Gan; 12-11-2009 at 10:43 PM. Reason: eta
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Big Pants; Little Feet Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's good to see different people's views on what we are, and what they are as an individual.

Never met a pixie before. Long days and pleasant nights, my small, playful, winged friend. lol

Now, what's all of this about totem polls of animals? It's certainly an interesting concept to me, which I'd love to explore. Of course, I'm only and always a Dragon, personally, but there are other animals I associate with on some level. Turtle is one of them (and frog!), when I was a kid I used to catch little turtles and pet them and then release them. Up at my cousins place in the middle of nowhere. Plus, there is Wolf, and Giant Squid, and the Unicorn. And Fox and Kangaroo.
    But I AM a Dragon, which is what sets it apart from the other animals I associate with on one level or another beyond our "normal" realm.

Y'know, Dragon, Turtle, Frog, Wolf, Giant Squid, Unicorn, Fox, and Kangaroo would make for one hell of an interesting totem pole, I think.
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i think i am linked with the tigers, i dont know why its just a 'feeling'

i could sleep on a pin head, but cross me and i can be very ferocious

Country
    Country Flag

Tigers are awesome. I always preferred the white ones, myself, but they're all awesome. Felines in general.
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post
    I am a pixie. I didn't decide this on my own, it was decided for me by several unrelated parties. The why is simple, I am short, little and mischevious.

Not to mention modest.

Spoiler:
    Oh, and yes you are.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mdarkpoet View Post
    my chinese sign is monkey
    Mine is cock.

Damn, I love that.

Gunslinger Apprentice pinkymcfatfat is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I'm a Pinky.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post

Not to mention modest.

Spoiler:
    Oh, and yes you are.
    Spoiler:
    Thankee, Brice

Modesty is just one of my many wonderful characteristics
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Y'know, Dragon, Turtle, Frog, Wolf, Giant Squid, Unicorn, Fox, and Kangaroo would make for one hell of an interesting totem pole, I think.
    I vote unicorn on top.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    I vote unicorn on top.
    And Dragon at the base. I think I might have some fierce inspiration on this one... Hehehe.
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think I can associate with any animal. They are so pure.
    But if I had to choose one I would be a dog. I love people.

Roland would have understood.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mdarkpoet View Post
    my chinese sign is monkey
    Mine is cock.

Damn, I love that.

Roland would have understood.

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have always felt like I'm connected to wolves. So I'm definitely a wolf.

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

ok , I'll tell you the animal I like the best is a whale.
    now, what do you think about that?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

whales are pretty awesome!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, whales are cool. But who knows what other gigantic creatures exist below the surface of our oceans? Aquatic creatures are so interesting, but there's not a chance in hell we've discovered the weirdest of them yet. The weirdest of them hide in the darkest, heaviest parts of the oceans. <3
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

they are the bears of the sea

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I was born in the Chinese year of the Earth Monkey!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post
    Funny to see we feel the same about the Totem Pole ...
    It IS interesting. I bet that we have plenty of views in common, tho. And many divergencies. They say that "great minds think alike," but, in my experience, that is true only now and then.

...Now, what's all of this about totem polls of animals? ...
    Eh, well, in some ways, it ties into the earlier tangent about the individual vs. the whole. Another way is to make a totem pole just for the entire tribe.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkymcfatfat View Post
    I'm a Pinky.

... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I don't think I can associate with any animal. They are so pure.
    But if I had to choose one I would be a dog. I love people.
    Indeed they are. Dog is quite pure, for example: pure loyalty. Exceedingly humble. If there's anyone that I could honestly associate with Dog, it's Letti.

I think that you may be the most intelligent one here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast