Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: And the BMCOAT is .... *drumroll*

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default And the BMCOAT is .... *drumroll*

Indiana Jones !

Indiana Jones (Indiana Jones)

Arguably Harrison Ford's most recognizable creation - this nazi fighting, jeep riding, snake fearing, whip carrying explorer has gone on to beat cinematic heavyweights the likes of Hannibal Lecter, George Bailey, and The Joker to become DT.com's Best Movie Character of All Time !

I'd like to give thanks to Brice for helping me manage a few polls whenever I messed up , and special thanks to my babygirl Heather for helping me put a lot of these groups together, she was an integral part of this tournament and I couldn't have finished it without her !

And of course, thanks to all of you, the voters for making this tournament a success! Your voting and passionate discussion in each and every thread made this a truly rewarding experience, and is the primary of why I love hosting this kind of thing. I hope to host another tournament somewhere down the road, hopefully you'll all be there for that too!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks for hosting such a wonderful contest Feev
    It was alot of fun, and I love the discussion that these create. Can't wait for the next one.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Yes, thanks so much, Feev !! Heather and Brice, too !!

Lots of fun. We all really appreciate all your efforts!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Yes, thanks so much, Feev !! Heather and Brice, too !!

Lots of fun. We all really appreciate all your efforts!
    Yeah, thanks to Shizzie, Bricey, Heather for this awesome trture to our souls. Enjoyed every poll of it a lot.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears are greatly pissed off by the result

but they think feverish and company did a great job!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to all involved. I really enjoy these kinds of things.

You all did a great job. Congrats Indy.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

feeve you did a grand job there
    and big up to your back up possy!!!!

loved each round and loved reading other peoples votes and reasons for.

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!

Well, Jean, if it's any consolation, many, many kids wanted to become archaeologists because of Indy. I for example, until my mom told me the job market for them was quite poor here. *sigh*

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Lily-sai View Post
    SQUEEEEEEEEEE!

Well, Jean, if it's any consolation, many, many kids wanted to become archaeologists because of Indy. I for example, until my mom told me the job market for them was quite poor here. *sigh*
    Ha! Poor anywhere, my friend.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Country
    Country Flag

True that. But it's a beautiful dream neverthless, to find something ancient and wonderful buried.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, I'm right there with you. Without a doubt. I thought of it myself.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lily-sai View Post
    Consolation...

()

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

George Bailey will always be there, giving us hope when we're feeling low.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for the great contest!

How could Indy not win?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Although I'm not surprised, and I agree that Indiana is Ford's most recognisable role, ironically enough he'd be my 3rd favourite character that Ford's played, with Solo at 2, and Rick Deckard at 1. Seriously, in that role he had a lot of coolness in that performance, and his character was made even more complex when he was given that particular ending.

But, in terms of iconic status, Indy does beat Deckard, it has to be said. A pretty decent poll anyway. What next? Best television character of all time folks?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Although I'm not surprised, and I agree that Indiana is Ford's most recognisable role, ironically enough he'd be my 3rd favourite character that Ford's played, with Solo at 2, and Rick Deckard at 1. Seriously, in that role he had a lot of coolness in that performance, and his character was made even more complex when he was given that particular ending.

But, in terms of iconic status, Indy does beat Deckard, it has to be said. A pretty decent poll anyway. What next? Best television character of all time folks?
    and we would have to pretend surprise when you voted for the dr??

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post

and we would have to pretend surprise when you voted for the dr??
    I wouldn't necessarily vote for the Doctor! If i only had one vote, I could just as easily go for Simm's version of the Master, which was one of the best performances of the character in years and did the whole manic psychopath thing a whole year before Heath Ledger did!

Of course, if I had two votes, then of course the Doctor would be there!

The big question is though, if i had to be specific: which one?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

This does not refect my vote, but congrats to Harrison
    good job feeve, and his allstar support team.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

bullshit
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

+ Reply to Thread