Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you like the Grant cover for The Wind Through The Keyhole?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 26.44%
  • No

64 73.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th Dark Tower Novel - The Wind Through the Keyhole

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jwill View Post
    Theres a part in wizard and glass at the end when susannah is asking about the pink ball and Roland says when he woke up (after killing his mother) it was gone. the belt that his mother had made was still there and he put it on.

Then he says "I wore that bloodstained gift for many years, and how i lost it is a tale for another day- I'll tell it to you before we have done, for it bears on my quest fo the Tower."

I thought that maybe this could be what wizard and glass but who knows, i guess it could just be tower junkie speculation
    I somehow assumed the little sisters of eluria had taken it
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Gunslinger Apprentice CrimsonMordred is on a distinguished road CrimsonMordred's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, just browsing through the thread. So I am to understand that we don't know which books it will take place in between? Then why has King been confusing everyone every time he changes his mind. This isn't like King, he doesn't usually announce new books until he has it fairly fixated in his mind. I'm not sure but that's what I gathered.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He has stated it's set between Wizard and Glass and Wolves of the Calla. (I think.) However, since it features
    Spoiler:
    Roland and Cuthbert chasing a werewolf
    I suspect, like Wizard, it will be largely set in the past, so after the background stuff of Wizard -which granted is most of that book- and before The Gunslinger. That seems to be a contradiction, but if sections of the book are set in different times like Wizard, that would explain things.

That's obviously me just guessing though. The ambiguity could simply due to the fact we don't know all the facts rather than King not being clear.

On the other hand maybe King really doesn't know for sure himself yet, or didn't when he first mentioned the idea. His preferred mode of writing is in the order in which we read it, so he is effectively telling himself the story as it goes along.

Even if he has a good idea what will happen, he doesn't always know all that will happen. Look at the DT books for example. He mentions in his message at the back of (I think) Wizard
    Spoiler:
    that the lads from Eye of the Dragon would play a part, but where are they?

Traveler Lily Cavanaugh is on a distinguished road Lily Cavanaugh's Avatar

I read another 'Constant Reader's' thoughts on this book, and loved them. He suggested that possibly SK was going to tell us that everything after book 4 was basically a 'psych!' -- that they were all still stuck in the Wizards Rainbow...and so the story is actually yet to be told, and we still need another three books to *really* finish the series.

Yeah. Probably not. I liked the idea, though.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think a lot of Tower Junkies would be really miffed if that turned out to be the case.

I'm sure it won't.

Traveler Lily Cavanaugh is on a distinguished road Lily Cavanaugh's Avatar

I suppose that a lot of Tower Junkies would be pissed, but then, a lot of them are already pissed at the way some things went, so...

I didn't hate it as much as some people did, but it'd be kindof cool to get a do-over.

Along the Path of the Beam DocPain is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to see the story of Eddie, Jake, Odetta, Oy and maybe even Roland on the other side.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ageless Stranger is on a distinguished road Ageless Stranger's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I love All-World, and hope King writes this story so we can all enjoy it. I would read of Cuthbert and Roland with much enjoyment. Also of Thomas and Dennis.
    "May your luck rise, Roland" -Cuthbert Allgood

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I still suspect he wouldn't have mentioned this or Dr. Sleep publicly if he wasn't already finished or at least certain of finishing in the very near future. I am thinking we get one or both in 2011. That's just a guess of course though.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Ageless Stranger is on a distinguished road Ageless Stranger's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty new to the King universe. Over the course of the last 2 years or so I've collected and read about 18 of his books. A few of which, including the Dark Tower series, I've read twice. I'm scared to admit that I'm not at all familiar with Dr. Sleep. Sounds ominous though.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Dr. Sleep is supposed to be concerned with Danny Torrance (The Shining) after he is grown.

John

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, guess I better read The Shining first. Huh?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger View Post
    Oh, guess I better read The Shining first. Huh?
    It can't hurt! That being said, I think Dr Sleep (or whatever it is finally called) will be a self contained novel based on the same character rather than an actual sequel as such. That being said, it's quite possible there'd be spoilers in there.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree--I don't think it will be a "sequel" to The Shining. That's why, in my post above, I was very careful to say that it may "be concerned" with Danny, but not a sequel. We'll see, I'm sure!

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm thinking it's not a sequel, but you should still go read The Shining.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As long as DT VIII has nothing to do with Susan Delgado, I'll be excited for it.

Gunslinger Apprentice disel24 is on a distinguished road disel24's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Food for thought, SK has also mentioned that the Tailman is a trilogy with a third book already thought out but not written yet...

so technically there's 2 other DT books.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I can hardly wait for that.

Monte: It's 7 volumes of Susan stories cowritten by King and Danielle Steele.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Monte: It's 7 volumes of Susan stories cowritten by King and Danielle Steele.
    800 more pages of "Oh Will, I love thee" or "Roland, please love me."

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh no, Monte! EACH volume will be no less than a thousand pages.

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Apprentice disel24 is on a distinguished road disel24's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I heard that it's going to be called, "Tower's Rose: Legend of Susan Delgado"

Country
    Country Flag

Gawd. If that's the case then please let the Gawd-Bombs fall!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    It's 7 volumes of Susan stories cowritten by King and Danielle Steele.
    So THAT'S the meaning of 2012.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I too have been wondering what DT8 will cover. Roland's story is told. My question is, why visit the past? We have W&G and we have comics and graphic novels that do that.

King being involved in that may have sparked an interest, however I find that a weak idea for starting another DT novel, especially after King and everyone else said "The Last Dark Tower Book is Volume 7".

If it does take place between volume 4 and LSOE, then I'll be happy. Again, Roland's story has been told. What more do we need to know? LOL.

I wonder about the sequel to "Black House" as well.

I guess none of us will know for sure until King makes an official update.

Along the Path of the Beam dubrosa22 is on a distinguished road dubrosa22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post
    Roland's story has been told. What more do we need to know? LOL.
    Very true. Roland's story has been definitely told.

I would hate for the DT series to go the way of the Dune series where every possible hole in the chronology is plugged with superfluous rehashing detail. The hole was there in the first place cos it was a boring unnecessary point in the story anyway! But that's what you get when the successor takes the reins - not necessarily the case here. King won't go rehashing anything I should think.

Sure, I would love to see Cuthbert and Roland chasing or being chased by werewolves or whatever adventure they might pursue, however the end has been reached and therefore the danger and suspense is not there as it was with DTIV.

Still it would be pretty awesome...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast