Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you like the Grant cover for The Wind Through The Keyhole?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 26.44%
  • No

64 73.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th Dark Tower Novel - The Wind Through the Keyhole

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Default DT: The Wind Through the Keyhole - Spring 2012

Dear Constant Readers,

At some point, while worrying over the copyedited manuscript of the next book (11/22/63, out November 8th), I started thinking—and dreaming—about Mid-World again. The major story of Roland and his ka-tet was told, but I realized there was at least one hole in the narrative progression: what happened to Roland, Jake, Eddie, Susannah, and Oy between the time they leave the Emerald City (the end of Wizard and Glass) and the time we pick them up again, on the outskirts of Calla Bryn Sturgis (the beginning of Wolves of the Calla)?

There was a storm, I decided. One of sudden and vicious intensity. The kind to which billy-bumblers like Oy are particularly susceptible. Little by little, a story began to take shape. I saw a line of riders, one of them Roland’s old mate, Jamie DeCurry, emerging from clouds of alkali dust thrown by a high wind. I saw a severed head on a fencepost. I saw a swamp full of dangers and terrors. I saw just enough to want to see the rest. Long story short, I went back to visit an-tet with my friends for awhile. The result is a novel called The Wind Through the Keyhole. It’s finished, and I expect it will be published next year.

It won’t tell you much that’s new about Roland and his friends, but there’s a lot none of us knew about Mid-World, both past and present. The novel is shorter than DT 2-7, but quite a bit longer than the first volume—call this one DT-4.5. It’s not going to change anybody’s life, but God, I had fun.

Steve King

http://www.stephenking.com/promo/win.../announcement/

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG OMG OMG thats great news, thanks for bringing it up Bev!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

On SKMB, Ms. Mod sez: "Within the next couple of days (maybe today, but that's iffy), we'll be putting up a poll for fans to tell us who they might like to illustrate the book. There will be a few new names there as well."

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hooray! This is awesome news and I literally can not wait.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

YESSSS!!!!!!

Ms Mod also said the book is looking for a 2012 publication date.

John

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

*****faints******

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

YES YES YES

MOAR!

Gunslinger Apprentice KindredAutmn is on a distinguished road KindredAutmn's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

DAAAAAAAAAAAMN *_*

Gunslinger Apprentice Delah is on a distinguished road Delah's Avatar

That news makes my day. Nah, it makes my month. The Wind Through The Keyhole always seemed like a distant pipedream, so to hear that its coming out next year is *wonderful*.

And the teaser makes me want the book right now -- why is Oy more susceptible to the storm? Is it simply his size? More news about Jamie, the fourth figure of Roland's original ka-tet we never got to see much of? Woo-hoo!

AWESOME news!!

Brian

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the rapid-fire announcements. First "11/22/63" last Wednesday, and now eight days later, this. Next week: a new collection!

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's a safe bet that material from TWTTK (nice acronym?) will be incorporated into the DT movies and/or TV series.

Ms. Mod says they have the manuscript but it remains to be seen whether they will use it or not.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have to admit to being a little disappointed. I was hoping for something with a bit more "relevance" to the larger mythology--like what happened to Rhea for example--as opposed to a stand-alone adventure with Roland and friends. I'm much more interested in reading King's novel about Kennedy tbh.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

More Mid-World? YES PLEASE!
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Traveler johnny39 is on a distinguished road

2011 will be a very. long. year.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW!
    That's about all I can say at the moment
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

Maybe we will know what happened to Rhea since this new book is taking place between Wizard and Glass and Wolves of the Calla. Could mayhap be Roland isn't done telling his ka-tet about the olden days.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And there I was thinking that Mr.Sleep* would come first and this one would be about 2-3 years later, and it's actually been written!

I'll admit, I feel a bit apprehensive, but I am also very glad. Apprehensive in that it seems to involve events that happen between books, where it was stated in Wolves...
    Spoiler:
    that very little had happened, except time had gone more funny and the Ka-tet member (barring Roland and probably Oy) were obsessing over the number '19'.)

That's not to say other stuff didn't happen first, I'm just a bit worried about contradictions. If a lot happened, why wasn't it mentioned? (The obvious real reason is that Mr King hadn't thought it up yet, but I'm talking from an in-world point of view.) If it were more of a back-flash type story (which is what I originally thought) then that wouldn't matter so much. We know Roland told the ka-tet other stuff that doesn't appear on the page. There's that business about the walking waters and Little Sisters** for example.

On the other hand, we don't know that a lot of this won't be back-flash stuff. (I get the impression Mr King has changed his mind somewhat in what it will be about, but he's done that before. Or maybe I should say his 'Beam receptors' were a bit.. fuzzy... . And the softness in time and space in that world does perhaps allow for an insertion into the time-line.

As I said though, I am glad. It will be great to step back into Mid-World again and find out a bit more about Jamie De Curry. And who's to say Rhea won't turn up? (EDIT- Danish beat me to it. That's what I get for waffling.) Or even a certain wizard for that matter. (Yes I know that may contradict things mentioned in the later books, but it all depends on the context.)

All these worries and questions (I'll admit, only really expressed by me. Not meaning to be the negative Nigel, I really am looking forward to the new book!). Lets just see what he writes. (I seem to like most of King's output, so I'm certainly hopeful.)

As for Oy and the wind (cut down on the Gunslinger Burrittos,hyuk, hyuk!) , I'm thinking maybe it will be a Dorothy and Toto state of affairs... Now that's got me a bit worried again... ooh I'm fickle...

*Or whatever it's called... I'm sure I've got that name wrong- the new one about the kid from the Shining all grown up, is what I mean.

**We know that story too, but we weren't there when Roland told it to his ka-tet.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes ! There is a Gan.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by johnny39 View Post
    2011 will be a very. long. year.
    Well, not as bad as 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    *Or whatever it's called... I'm sure I've got that name wrong- the new one about the kid from the Shining all grown up, is what I mean.
    Dr. Sleep.

The artist poll is open

Country
    Country Flag

I really like Giancola. Very beautiful artwork. Don't want anyone that already illustrated other DT books. Let's have a fresh take.

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

I voted for Giancola too. He would be perfect.

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wanted to vote for Whelan but then I saw Giancola's works and I decided to vote for him. His artwork is fantastic and it would be nice to have someone new.
    But how could you vote for him guys when my vote is the first one in the pool??

EDIT: ok now I see you voted on SKMB not on sk.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast