Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 208 of 344 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 218 258 308 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 8586

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Yes, the Lettered...

I think the "I's" have it.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's not signed "steve" ...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I would not include whispers as part of the set... that be like including Insomnia as part off he DT set...
    Due to the fact that "Before the Play" was cut from the original printing of The Shining was because that the page count would have increased the price of the book. Then using your logic.
    I guess we will have to dismiss this book for the same reason?
    Spoiler:

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Doubleday fought hard against the idea of re-instating this material -- it took King years to get the book out, and even then they thought it wasn't going to sell many copies.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Doubleday fought hard against the idea of re-instating this material -- it took King years to get the book out, and even then they thought it wasn't going to sell many copies.
    Is that why they published these...To make up there loss?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Since the original price of the s/l Stand was $350, I doubt that would have helped that much.

John

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    I have a confession to make. After all of the feedback, advice, information (much appreciated!) I bought it this morning. Sigh. I know most of you are shaking your heads in disbelief (especially Carlos after his previous post. Lol)but there was just something about it. I know I overpaid and that it will most likely never be an "investment" piece but I just couldn't help myself. I'm a fan of both Garris and Chadbourne and while their signatures are readily available, I wanted to support this effort. If CD does indeed do a special edition I will probably end up with that too.
    Please don't banish me, I just joined!
    P.S. I checked for the Whispers issue on EBay and didn't find anything. Could be I looked for the wrong thing. Haven't checked anywhere else yet. I would still like to get the full story. If anyone happens to see it sometime please let me know. If you're not too mad at me that is
    Beverly Marsh (Lori), you are welcome to collect whatever catches your eye and desire, sometimes ther are things that you just have to have like a The Mist Snow Globe! Stay active and chatting and you'll have the regulars helping you out. Everyone is going to have their favorite editions. MY favorite recommendation which is a balance of beauty and price is the Grant S/L of Desperation.

Do you have a "Collection" thread yet? We love seeing peoples collections and watching them grow over time!

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    I have a confession to make. After all of the feedback, advice, information (much appreciated!) I bought it this morning. Sigh. I know most of you are shaking your heads in disbelief (especially Carlos after his previous post. Lol)but there was just something about it. I know I overpaid and that it will most likely never be an "investment" piece but I just couldn't help myself. I'm a fan of both Garris and Chadbourne and while their signatures are readily available, I wanted to support this effort. If CD does indeed do a special edition I will probably end up with that too.
    Please don't banish me, I just joined!
    P.S. I checked for the Whispers issue on EBay and didn't find anything. Could be I looked for the wrong thing. Haven't checked anywhere else yet. I would still like to get the full story. If anyone happens to see it sometime please let me know. If you're not too mad at me that is
    Nothing wrong with that! Collecting for me, is about buying things that I want, that mean something to me. If that means 12 dead-zone paperbacks that were printed last year or an empty can of Coke, it doesn't matter. It's getting something that's precious to me. I like the look of it, and had also asked re value. I've still got a few other books I'm desperate for first. I've also already pre paid for the CD Shining Art Edition, so I'm hoping it might have a few extra snippets in it! Make sure you post some cool photos of it when it arrives. I suspect there's a few of us on here that are very interested in seeing it in more detail. Congrats.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
    I would not include whispers as part of the set... that be like including Insomnia as part off he DT set...
    I think a strong argument could be made to include Whispers with "Before The Play." I think it is an excised part of the original manuscript. I really enjoyed finally being able to read it. It explained a lot that I had questions about, specifically the back story on Horace Derwent and the ghostly party-goers.

I think that Dave at the Overlook invested a lot in those TV Guides that contained the abridged version. Michael Autrey also bought hundreds of copies. They both thought that they would be desirable collectibles and sell for much more down the road. They really didn't and, I think, both are stuck with piles and piles of the things. The combo package that the Overlook is currently offering is, IMO, a creative attempt to get rid of the back stock.
    In your opinion what do you think the Overlook set is actually worth? $300 seems pretty ambitious?
    Personally I wouldn't waste my time with it or buy one at any price. I can't see the attraction. It has a later printing The Shining, an easily available copy of Doctor Sleep, and a TV Guide that has been bound after the fact and made into a "hardcover." It looks like one of those horrendous Overlook slipcases (does this one glow-in-the-dark like some of the others from the Overlook?) houses these three treasures. A couple of easily obtainable (it seems) signatures and "special" dust jackets by the renown artist Glenn Chadbourne complete this atrocity. In my opinion, if you just have to have one, it shouldn't go for over $100.

Oh, and T-Dogz_AK47, I can sense your hand hovering over the anonymous negative rep button but recall the poster did ask my opinion which was then given honestly.
    Thanks mate! I'm always interested in what the true experts think. I've made so many bad decisions since I started collecting, could have saved myself a fortune had I found this site a few years ago. I'm also a shocking impulse buyer with zero discipline....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have a bunch of Dan Simmons readers they would sell cheap or give away? I can't find any round here at my used book stores and they are $20 plus 25% tax at the book store for a soft cover here! Thanks all
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    All this talk about Before The Play has got me intrigued about picking up a copy of Whispers. I'm assuming there are versions other than the S/L available?
    WANT.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Good luck. I asked a few times in this thread if anyone had one for sale.

edit: I just bought one. A little more than I had planned but the listing said it was in fine condition so what the heck.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

All this talk about Before The Play has got me intrigued about picking up a copy of Whispers. I'm assuming there are versions other than the S/L available?
    WANT.
    A copy of the magazine? The original artwork? Both?

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Who is the artist, Bob?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have a bunch of Dan Simmons readers they would sell cheap or give away? I can't find any round here at my used book stores and they are $20 plus 25% tax at the book store for a soft cover here! Thanks all
    My local book store regularly has paperbacks at a few bucks apiece. Is this what you are wanting?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    My local book store regularly has paperbacks at a few bucks apiece. Is this what you are wanting?
    Yeah brother. Just don't eanna break the bank. Library doesn't have them either
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They sell them at half the price of list, so $4 or $5. I don't know what the current exchange rate is, but it's not great. Do you have a list of what you would want or not want?

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

WANT.

Whoa, that is pretty damn cool! But, just looking for the magazine...forgive my ignorance, but is that supposed to be Freddy Krueger?

Country
    Country Flag

They sell them at half the price of list, so $4 or $5. I don't know what the current exchange rate is, but it's not great. Do you have a list of what you would want or not want?
    I have only read the terror and the summer of night books. I thought maybe a member has a bunch of old paperbacks lying around they might wanna get rid of...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Plenty of Simmons. Let me know what you're looking for, and I'll see what I can fill from the boxes in the garage. If it's just readers, easy enough to do.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Who is the artist, Bob?
    From The Road to the Dark Tower:

The cover illustration was “Nort the Weedeater” by John Stewart, and six other Gunslinger-inspired Stewart works appeared in a folio section of the magazine. [footnote]

[footnote] In his editorial, Stuart David Schiff is unsure what art will illustrate the magazine’s cover, as Stewart’s illustration, sent out for four-color separation, was lost somewhere in transit. As a backup, Donald M. Grant and Michael Whelan gave Schiff permission to use one of the Grant edition illustrations, but the Stewart pictures must have materialized at the last minute.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WANT.

Of course Bob has it!

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Here are 2 auctions with 7 for a good price if you don't have luck somewhere else.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-DAN-SIMMON...-/361399636506

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-DAN-SIMMON...3D361399636506

Hyperion series is awesome. I own 1st/1st of all of them and signed even I think. LOVE them.

Summer of Night is also a great book. Top notch and a good read for any Stephen King constant reader. (Hyperion is SciFi so maybe not every King reader's cup of proverbial tea.)

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you're in the US I've got Hyperion and Return to Hyperion in a box to go to Half Price Books. And maybe Black Hills.

In fact I have quite a few paperback to get rid of - Maybe I'll just post them here to see if anyone wants them...but I'll put them in the other author's thread.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Wrong thread. This is "King Books/Items Wanted"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 208 of 344 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 218 258 308 ... LastLast