Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 207 of 344 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 257 307 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 8586

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks RT, I didn't know there was a difference. Just confirms my desire to grab a copy of Whispers one day.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone just wants to read it, I have it in electronic format...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Now this is what a signed set of Before the Play, The Shining & Doctor Sleep... Should look like.

with matching #342

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Now this is what a signed set of Before the Play, The Shining & Doctor Sleep... Should look like.

with matching #342
    Outstanding!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmm. Anyone got Whispers 314 out there?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would not include whispers as part of the set... that be like including Insomnia as part off he DT set...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I would not include whispers as part of the set... that be like including Insomnia as part off he DT set...
    I think Insomnia is a bad example. It would be like including Legends S/L in a DT set.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I think a strong argument could be made to include Whispers with "Before The Play." I think it is an excised part of the original manuscript. I really enjoyed finally being able to read it. It explained a lot that I had questions about, specifically the back story on Horace Derwent and the ghostly party-goers.

I think that Dave at the Overlook invested a lot in those TV Guides that contained the abridged version. Michael Autrey also bought hundreds of copies. They both thought that they would be desirable collectibles and sell for much more down the road. They really didn't and, I think, both are stuck with piles and piles of the things. The combo package that the Overlook is currently offering is, IMO, a creative attempt to get rid of the back stock.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I think a strong argument could be made to include Whispers with "Before The Play." I think it is an excised part of the original manuscript. I really enjoyed finally being able to read it. It explained a lot that I had questions about, specifically the back story on Horace Derwent and the ghostly party-goers.

I think that Dave at the Overlook invested a lot in those TV Guides that contained the abridged version. Michael Autrey also bought hundreds of copies. They both thought that they would be desirable collectibles and sell for much more down the road. They really didn't and, I think, both are stuck with piles and piles of the things. The combo package that the Overlook is currently offering is, IMO, a creative attempt to get rid of the back stock.
    In your opinion what do you think the Overlook set is actually worth? $300 seems pretty ambitious?

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

All this talk about Before The Play has got me intrigued about picking up a copy of Whispers. I'm assuming there are versions other than the S/L available?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post

In your opinion what do you think the Overlook set is actually worth? $300 seems pretty ambitious?
    Personally I wouldn't waste my time with it or buy one at any price. I can't see the attraction. It has a later printing The Shining, an easily available copy of Doctor Sleep, and a TV Guide that has been bound after the fact and made into a "hardcover." It looks like one of those horrendous Overlook slipcases (does this one glow-in-the-dark like some of the others from the Overlook?) houses these three treasures. A couple of easily obtainable (it seems) signatures and "special" dust jackets by the renown artist Glenn Chadbourne complete this atrocity. In my opinion, if you just have to have one, it shouldn't go for over $100.

Oh, and T-Dogz_AK47, I can sense your hand hovering over the anonymous negative rep button but recall the poster did ask my opinion which was then given honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    All this talk about Before The Play has got me intrigued about picking up a copy of Whispers. I'm assuming there are versions other than the S/L available?
    Yes. It was a fanzine that was published at irregular intervals for years. Besides the hardcover S/L's there were the regular softcover copies (perfect bound with full color covers) that were mailed to subscribers. Those are plentiful and should be easy to find relatively cheaply (i.e. $20 to $30 depending on condition). It is a nice item to have as it was the special Stephen King issue. There is a long nonfiction piece by King about writing The Shining, the short story "It Grows On You," and some Dark Tower related artwork by John Stewart. Plus lots of other non-King material. You should get one and read it. I don't think you would be sorry.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. It was a fanzine that was published at irregular intervals for years. Besides the hardcover S/L's there were the regular softcover copies (perfect bound with full color covers) that were mailed to subscribers. Those are plentiful and should be easy to find relatively cheaply (i.e. $20 to $30 depending on condition). It is a nice item to have as it was the special Stephen King issue. There is a long nonfiction piece by King about writing The Shining, the short story "It Grows On You," and some Dark Tower related artwork by John Stewart. Plus lots of other non-King material. You should get one and read it. I don't think you would be sorry.
    Awesome, thanks!!!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

$100 seems right to me. I also agree that I wouldn't want it.

Rosannebarr priced this right at $100 too. (He owns it.)
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a confession to make. After all of the feedback, advice, information (much appreciated!) I bought it this morning. Sigh. I know most of you are shaking your heads in disbelief (especially Carlos after his previous post. Lol)but there was just something about it. I know I overpaid and that it will most likely never be an "investment" piece but I just couldn't help myself. I'm a fan of both Garris and Chadbourne and while their signatures are readily available, I wanted to support this effort. If CD does indeed do a special edition I will probably end up with that too.
    Please don't banish me, I just joined!
    P.S. I checked for the Whispers issue on EBay and didn't find anything. Could be I looked for the wrong thing. Haven't checked anywhere else yet. I would still like to get the full story. If anyone happens to see it sometime please let me know. If you're not too mad at me that is

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    I have a confession to make. After all of the feedback, advice, information (much appreciated!) I bought it this morning. Sigh. I know most of you are shaking your heads in disbelief (especially Carlos after his previous post. Lol)but there was just something about it. I know I overpaid and that it will most likely never be an "investment" piece but I just couldn't help myself. I'm a fan of both Garris and Chadbourne and while their signatures are readily available, I wanted to support this effort. If CD does indeed do a special edition I will probably end up with that too.
    P.S. I checked for the Whispers issue on EBay and didn't find anything. Could be I looked for the wrong thing. Haven't checked anywhere else yet. I would still like to get the full story. If anyone happens to see it sometime please let me know. If you're not too mad at me that is
    The great thing about collecting is that you make it your own. Collect what you want. Congrats!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Here's one. It's located in the UK though and it is overpriced IMHO (although Hyraxia is one of my go-to booksellers).

http://books.hyraxia.com/4556-stephe...-first-edition

It should not be too hard to find. I do think Bob's estimate of $20-30 is rather low. Expect to pay $50 for a nice copy. Good luck!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    The great thing about collecting is that you make it your own. Collect what you want. Congrats!
    Was about to say the same thing. Collect what makes YOU happy!!

Incidentally, I like your avatar pic!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It takes a lot more than buying a book to get banished from here.
    There wouldn't be anyone here if that was a crime.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to site Beverly. There is probably not one of us that hasn't overpaid for an item that we really want. I know I have overpaid on many occasions and by a lot more than $25. What's important is the joy of owning that book and adding to your collection.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Personally I wouldn't waste my time with it or buy one at any price. I can't see the attraction. It has a later printing The Shining, an easily available copy of Doctor Sleep, and a TV Guide that has been bound after the fact and made into a "hardcover." It looks like one of those horrendous Overlook slipcases (does this one glow-in-the-dark like some of the others from the Overlook?) houses these three treasures. A couple of easily obtainable (it seems) signatures and "special" dust jackets by the renown artist Glenn Chadbourne complete this atrocity. In my opinion, if you just have to have one, it shouldn't go for over $100.

Oh, and T-Dogz_AK47, I can sense your hand hovering over the anonymous negative rep button but recall the poster did ask my opinion which was then given honestly.
    I don't do "anonymous" negative rep. If I have a problem with you or anyone else on these boards, I will be pretty vocal about it and will never shy away from being upfront in calling someone out.

There won't be any ambiguity, you will know if you receive negative rep from me. I always put my motherfucking name to it!!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site Beverly. And as the others say buy what inspires you.

In terms of this item from OC, I agree with Bob on all his points.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Boom! Doesn't match any other numbers and soon might be out of my collection to someone else's but I try to barely keep up with the Super Collector. haha!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the Lettered...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 207 of 344 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 257 307 ... LastLast