Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 344 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 196 246 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 8586

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have recently picked up Carrie and 'salem's Lot in this later printing series (I already had Night Shift) Does anyone have a copy of The Shining edition they would be willing to part with?

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Yes, CD made one. Much nicer than the Overlook one IMHO.

I have slipcase envy. I'd love to pick one up if anybody has a reasonably priced spare they'd like to unload. Tippy should have first shot at making a deal though, since he brought up the subject.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have recently picked up Carrie and 'salem's Lot in this later printing series (I already had Night Shift) Does anyone have a copy of The Shining edition they would be willing to part with?

I don't have the Shining (not in my collecting universe), but I have a mental list of "cool things carlosdetweiller has posted", and there is variant Carrie where the title is written horizontally on the spine, rather than vertically. You should try to find that one, too (I'm sure this is where Bob comes in and says, "There's only of those, and I have it.")

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I don't have the Shining (not in my collecting universe), but I have a mental list of "cool things carlosdetweiller has posted", and there is variant Carrie where the title is written horizontally on the spine, rather than vertically. You should try to find that one, too (I'm sure this is where Bob comes in and says, "There's only of those, and I have it.")
    These were out of my "I only collect...." universe as well, but I already had Night Shift (from a purchase so long ago I cant remember where I got it) and I saw Carrie and 'salems Lot on ebay for a couple of $'s each. Impulse bought both and now want to complete the set. I have bought a couple of 1st edition variants recently and am trying NOT to look for more!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

There is certainly more than one because I have two. I got the first one years ago directly from Peter Schneider. It was my understanding that they never made it to retail outlets and the jacket was redesigned so that the title was printed vertically on the spine so it could be read. But I found my second copy on eBay from a seller who had no inside publishing contacts and had no idea it was a variant. So I think that some of the early jackets did make it to retail outlets. I think there are some out there if you look.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    There is certainly more than one because I have two. I got the first one years ago directly from Peter Schneider. It was my understanding that they never made it to retail outlets and the jacket was redesigned so that the title was printed vertically on the spine so it could be read. But I found my second copy on eBay from a seller who had no inside publishing contacts and had no idea it was a variant. So I think that some of the early jackets did make it to retail outlets. I think there are some out there if you look.
    Bob, I just went through your collections thread looking for this (never a chore, always a pleasure) but I didn't see any pictures of the Carrie Variant. Any chance you could repost or point me to where you showed them?

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I would like a CLEAN first print of THE LONG WALK. Sigh...maybe one day soon.
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Bob, I just went through your collections thread looking for this (never a chore, always a pleasure) but I didn't see any pictures of the Carrie Variant. Any chance you could repost or point me to where you showed them?
    Sure. I'll try to do that when I get home later today.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I want Gunslinger41's matching Talisman and Black House set lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

seams that i do not have luck with my searches, so here is something different.

Anybody willing to sell a Centipede Press Salems Lot Gift ?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post

I think (could be wrong) that Ben had one with Collector Traycase and prints for like $600. Check with him
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Here are the photos (first state on the left, final version on right):

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Am I the only person that is being annoyed by the fact that, sometimes, different publishers write the title or King's name in a different direction?
    It also happens with books of the same publisher. At least it's the case in France.
    It looks odd on a shelve
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Am I the only person that is being annoyed by the fact that, sometimes, different publishers write the title or King's name in a different direction?
    It also happens with books of the same publisher. At least it's the case in France.
    It looks odd on a shelve
    OCD!

Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bob. Interestingly they kept the Horizontal Printing for Night Shift, not sure about the other 2 however.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post

You have a PM Priest.

Thanks Bob. Interestingly they kept the Horizontal Printing for Night Shift, not sure about the other 2 however.
    The other two are also horizontally printed. I think they were all done at the same time so, initially, all four were horizontal. But Carrie, being thinner, didn't look right so it had to be redone.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The other two are also horizontally printed. I think they were all done at the same time so, initially, all four were horizontal. But Carrie, being thinner, didn't look right so it had to be redone.
    Ah Ok, makes sense. Any opinion on value of the 4 as a set? (assuming Fine copies)

Ah Ok, makes sense. Any opinion on value of the 4 as a set? (assuming Fine copies)
    I would guess maybe $15 to $20 apiece for really nice copies? I haven't followed any recent sales so it is just a guess.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob
    what printing were they?

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Bob
    what printing were they?
    Carrie - 13th
    'Salem's Lot - 15th
    The Shining - 14th
    Night Shift - 13th

According to the number lines on the copyright pages of each book.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still looking for a trade HC of Joyland.

Also any hardcover anthologies you're looking to unload.

Well, that was easy.

Country
    Country Flag

Some original art by King Artists. Not looking to go broke but if you have something interesting... drop me a line!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I'm still looking for a trade HC of Joyland.

Also any hardcover anthologies you're looking to unload.
    Gauntlet 2 S/L

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Still looking for a 1st 1st of Rage
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 344 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 196 246 ... LastLast