Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 131 of 344 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 181 231 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 8586

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post

The Colorado Kid
    Silver Bullet
    Umney's Last Case is not a true 1st edition & also a novella.
    Silver Bullet is the movie version of COTW. The paperback version of the screenplay version of the original book is a little far removed for me to be a first edition. I can see it for the completists though.

ULC is the first edition of the story as a stand alone book. That's a first edition within the bounds of the question "...are there any other PB's that are considered the first edition of the book?"

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

ULC was released as a standalone eBook prior to the publication of Nightmares and Dreamscapes.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Standalone ebook prior to the release in 1993?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Good point. Although every King first edition is the US edition isn't it?
    There are probably cases of simultaneous publication where that is less clear cut, but I don't keep track of those instances.
    I'd be interested in knowing of foreign publications that are simultaneous first editions. Perhaps one of the other members has the answer. Actually I'd probably end up buying them so perhaps ignorance is bliss.

Country
    Country Flag

ULC was released as a standalone eBook prior to the publication of Nightmares and Dreamscapes.
    But is an ebook a book?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

But is an ebook a book?
    No.
    Book:
    a written or printed work consisting of pages glued or sewn together along one side and bound in covers.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My list (although I didn't make it clear) was for US first editions.
    I would not include silver bullet either (although I would probably include storm of the century. Novel or novella is irrelevant I think
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    But is an ebook a book?
    No.
    Book:
    a written or printed work consisting of pages glued or sewn together along one side and bound in covers.
    A wise man once instructed me in the evolution of language. Basically he told me that words are frequently being added to the English language and meanings of existing words are often changed as society and technology change and advance (regress?). Hence an accepted definition may or may not be valid in every instance. Common usage may override what is found in the dictionary.

But for the record (if we are going back to dictionary definitions): remarque - 1: a drawn, etched, or incised scribble or sketch done on the margin of a plate or stone and removed before the regular printing 2: a proof taken before remarques have been removed

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

The 1st U.K. Sphere editions did not have French wrap covers.
    Spoiler:
    SHOW ME THE FLAPS

How can you include Storm of the Century a Stephen King Screenplay in book form & not include Silver Bullet that is also a Stephen King screenplay in book form?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Only DT IV had French wraps (Hodder & Stoughton)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    But is an ebook a book?
    No.
    Book:
    A wise man once instructed me in the evolution of language. Basically he told me that words are frequently being added to the English language and meanings of existing words are often changed as society and technology change and advance (regress?). Hence an accepted definition may or may not be valid in every instance. Common usage may override what is found in the dictionary.

But for the record (if we are going back to dictionary definitions): remarque - 1: a drawn, etched, or incised scribble or sketch done on the margin of a plate or stone and removed before the regular printing 2: a proof taken before remarques have been removed
    I take credit helping you evolve.

Here is something new for you to learn:
    E-book:
    An electronic book (variously: e-book, eBook, e-Book, ebook, digital book, or even e-edition) is a book-length publication in digital form, consisting of text, images, or both, readable on computers or other electronic devices.[1] Although sometimes defined as "an electronic version of a printed book",[2] many e-books exist without any printed equivalent. Commercially produced and sold e-books are usually intended to be read on dedicated e-book readers, however, almost any sophisticated electronic device that features a controllable viewing screen, including computers, many mobile phones, and all smartphones can also be used to read e-books.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oops, forgot to add "tweet" :
    • the chirp of a small or young bird.
    • a posting made on the social networking site Twitter.
    3 years ago, which would you have chosen as the primary definition? How about three years from now?

Would "touchless" refer to a woman (or man), a car wash, or a smartphone? All three, but the order has changed.

I look forward to helping you again. (Normally inserts smiley, but Bob hates them).

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Yes. You sent them $5 and then ftp'd into the website and downloaded the eBook along with a reader program. Plus you could get a gif of the cover of N&D. It was all very radical!

http://www.fearnet.com/news/news-article/news-dead-zone

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    SHOW ME THE FLAPS

How can you include Storm of the Century a Stephen King Screenplay in book form & not include Silver Bullet that is also a Stephen King screenplay in book form?
    Its a reasonable question... I don't know, I always looked at Silver Bullet as a poor mans COTW. No doubt when I have all the other PB's i will *have* to have this on too...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Spoiler:
    SHOW ME THE FLAPS

Its a reasonable question... I don't know, I always looked at Silver Bullet as a poor mans COTW. No doubt when I have all the other PB's i will *have* to have this on too...
    It's virtually the same story.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    SHOW ME THE FLAPS

SOTC was a first printing of the book.

The Silver Bullet was a remake of a book, via the screenplay for a movie, that had already been published.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

GEE I guess we can dismiss The Stand (Complete & Uncut) Its just the same story. But changed
    Spoiler:
    Just like SILVER BULLET and in a totally different form.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I look forward to helping you again).
    Me too. I am just a sponge continually absorbing knowledge. So thirsty.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good point. Although every King first edition is the US edition isn't it?
    There are probably cases of simultaneous publication where that is less clear cut, but I don't keep track of those instances.
    I'd be interested in knowing of foreign publications that are simultaneous first editions. Perhaps one of the other members has the answer. Actually I'd probably end up buying them so perhaps ignorance is bliss.
    >>> If you remind it to me later, i could find you some informations regarding some foreign books that were published prior to the us version. Sometimes it's by days, but every so often it's been months. If i recall correctly, the german version of IT was published roughly 6 months before the US. Probably a translation of the proof version... and it may even be quite different from the final book. I unfortunately dont know, and dont know either if a second translation would have been done.

edit : ES was published by Phantasio in May, 1986 (limited edition), before the US VIking one in september 1986.

@Carlos :
    "remarque - 1: a drawn, etched, or incised scribble or sketch done on the margin of a plate or stone and removed before the regular printing
    2: a proof taken before remarques have been removed"
    >>> I am not sure to understand the second?
    So for you, what we mostly call remarques would be called : added illustrations or something like this?

Yes. You sent them $5 and then ftp'd into the website and downloaded the eBook along with a reader program. Plus you could get a gif of the cover of N&D. It was all very radical!

VERY interesting ! Is the cover in the article the one you mention too?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

@Carlos :
    "remarque - 1: a drawn, etched, or incised scribble or sketch done on the margin of a plate or stone and removed before the regular printing
    So for you, what we mostly call remarques would be called : added illustrations or something like this?
    Remarque is a specific term used in the production (printing) of lithographs.

Artists (and authors) have been drawing in books for years. And, to my knowledge, they have historically been called just that.....drawings.

Misusing the word remarque seems to have started in the King collecting community (although I could be wrong on that). I have never been entirely sure why some felt drawings needed a new name.

VERY interesting ! Is the cover in the article the one you mention too?
    I can't remember what the cover of the eBook looked like. I don't think the Voyager Expanded Book reader program works on more recent versions of Windows (this was back in the Windows 3.1 days, I think! It might even have been an MS-DOS program). The cover in the article is the cover of the Penguin 50.

Here's the OBS archive information: September 1993 -- OBS publishes Stephen King's "Umney's Last Case," the first major trade author to publish on the Net, and conducts the first sale of Internet rights. The gopher "buy" option offering immediate credit card clearance is the first "publishing cash register" we know of on the Net.

Country
    Country Flag

thanks for the additional informations. Very interesting. If you manage to get the file back, can try to see if a program could allow it to work. I mean, there are numerous programs allowing old video games to be played on computers, so why not?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY INTERESTING!
    Thanks for the info!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wanted:

S/l salem's lot....budget of around $900
    s/l firestarter...budget around $800

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    @Carlos :
    Remarque is a specific term used in the production (printing) of lithographs.

Artists (and authors) have been drawing in books for years. And, to my knowledge, they have historically been called just that.....drawings.

Misusing the word remarque seems to have started in the King collecting community (although I could be wrong on that). I have never been entirely sure why some felt drawings needed a new name.
    I kind of just went along with what seemed to be the general consensus. Plus it sounded so "cool" and "special", but you're right, Bob
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 131 of 344 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 181 231 ... LastLast